I bought one of these to repaint/spray my black cast iron chiminea. It has been used a lot over the last twelve months and was looking a bit rusty and weathered.

This spray is black and is okay for surface temperatures of upto 800 degrees centigrade and prevents rust for long periods of time. It does contain chemicals which are harmful so use only in well ventilated areas and wear a suitable mask!

I prepared the surface of the chiminea by wire brushing it all over to remove any loose bits and provide a clean as possible area for the paint to adhere smoothly to. Outside on a large piece of cardboard I first lay it on It's side and sprayed underneath and around the bowl, the legs/feet. After 30 mins it was touch dry so I stood it up and sprayed the rest of it.

The best way to achieve a uniform finish is to keep the can 8 inches from the surface at all times and move in sweeping motions like you would a brush. I gave it one full coat and left for 24hrs then another full coat. There's plenty in this can.

It looks like brand new! I'm just waiting for the weather to pick up a bit now. Roll on summer nights, crackling logs and cider with good food :)
on 22 November 2012
This is the secondtime I have purchased this product in the last few years. I usually use it annually to tart up my woodburner but this time I was restoring an old feurhands storm lantern. It's brilliant for both jobs. Easy to use, nice matt finish. Dries pretty quickly too.
on 27 November 2014
A brilliant product for painting my gas fire surround that withstands very high temperature. Would recommend highly.
on 5 May 2016
Very good, advise you hold at the recommended 30cm away to get an even finish and no drips etc.
on 28 October 2015
Regretfully, I would say this Matt black looks more like a dark grey than black. The original paint finish of my fire had a soft sheen in Midnight Black, a much nicer look. I couldn't find the soft sheen / satin finish in the Stiovax Thermolac. I shall leave the fire as it is for the winter months and redo it all in the summer.
on 2 September 2013
this product I find is the best on the market as it goes up to 800+ degrees most of the other only go to 600
on 20 July 2013
Bought this product to respray parts of our gas fire where the initial paint had peeled away from the metal due to heat.
It arrived on time and did the job perfectly with plenty left in the can for future applications.
I'd reccomend this to anyone.
on 9 March 2015
I found that this faded very quickly when the fire was on. Initially it looked good but unfortunately within a few days we were back to square one.
on 8 May 2013
Paint was easy to use, covered a stove/ woodburner with one tin giving two coats.

Ensure you usre in a well ventilated area.
on 13 November 2014
put this on at the start of the summer and after using it loads of time it has lasted well.