5.0 out of 5 stars Ears a good pair of 'phones.
I bought these as a replacement for Radiopaq Custom Tuned Pop Earphones which gave up the ghost on me, and also as a backup for my Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) which are still going strong but which since using the Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO Headset - 250 OHM I realise what good quality sounds like and wanted a better on-the-move listening experience...
Published on 9 Sep 2010 by Flickering Ember

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special
I bought these about a week or so ago, and they're fine, but already they're losing low end quality. The bass isn't as thumping as it was when I bought it, and when you set the volume slider higher up, the sound loses clarity.

On a positive note, though, they're pretty comfortable.
Published on 31 Oct 2011 by R. Bhasin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Ears a good pair of 'phones., 9 Sep 2010
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sennheiser CX 280 Ergonomic Ear-Canal Earphones with Clear and Detailed Sound (Electronics)

With this in mind, these sleek earphones, which come with 2 alternative sizes of ear bud for a perfect fit for your ear canal, and with a pouch to keep them clean, protected and untangled in your bag, seemed an appealing option. Unlike the aforementioned Sennheiser CX300 Stereo Earphones (White) this pair have their own volume control, which is good because at times the CX300s seemed rather too loud on public transport, whereas the Radiopaqs could be too quiet.

Overall, they exclude external noise and provide good clarity of sound and don't leak too much sound (so less chance of annoying fellow commuters). Definitely recommended for use travelling. They're also comfortable for a long journey; they kept me alive on a 6 hour coach journey (and back again!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound!, 29 Mar 2011
Mr. D. C. LANE (Dorset U.K.) - See all my reviews
Bought these to replace my elderly and much-loved CX200s,(which inexplicably lost volume in right side),and couldn't be happier with these!Their slightly bulkier shape actually fits my ears even better,and the added bonus of the volume control is great;-saves messing with the "click-wheel",which is a bit fiddly on my i-Pod Nano.How anyone can live with the rubbish "bundled" 'phones supplied by Apple is beyond me.They are obviously not "audiophiles"or they would complain bitterly about the sound quality,and force Steve Jobs to up his game,and get his 'phones from Sennheiser!Apple's in-house engineering is definitely way behind on the earphone front!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good vaue for price, 26 April 2012
These ear phones were reduced in price so I felt I was getting a bargain and having used them I feel more so. The sound quality is superb. I used them first on a long haul flight and they were good enough to drown out aircraft noise. I experienced no distortion of sound and they fit comfortably in my ears. The delivery was swift within a couple of days. Altogether a good buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, 31 Oct 2011
R. Bhasin (Hatfield, England) - See all my reviews

On a positive note, though, they're pretty comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish but not durable, 23 Aug 2012
D. J. Preston "Deva" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
The Sennheiser CX 280 Ergonomic Ear-Canal Earphones with Clear and Detailed Sound is a good little runner, with ever useful in-line volume and noise isolation, so it's great for those of us that listen while on the train or bus. They're comfortable too, and stylish. But I only bought my last pair in January and now I find myself having to replace them in August. I'm a frequent but very careful user - 7 months use is not enough at this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Service, 6 Aug 2012
The product is great - when it works. The first set I had were great for about ten hours before the right ear just 'gave up'. The problem was, having limited use, they broke after about six months. Disappointed to say the least. However, upon contacting Amazon as a disgruntled customer, the 'phones were replaced in a few days. I sent back the faulty ones with no cost and am really pleased with the service given by Amazon!

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound quality OK, durability poor, 7 Jun 2012
I had a Sennhauser pair of headphones for a good 6 years when they were sadly destroyed by my dog so I bought these to replace them. The way the earphones connected means there's quite a bit of weight on the cable so it's not comfortable for exercise or walking fast. The sound quality was OK and the earphone pieces themselves fit comfortably in my ear canal, however the cables have now snapped (and are now completely useless) after getting caught - something that happpened to my old pair all the time but never caused them to break, so all in all very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal, 9 Dec 2011
I have a dog with a taste for earphones, and no matter how deep in my bag I hide them he always manages to dig them out! So I go through a lot of them. I've been buying cheap Sennheisers from Play.com mostly (10-15 depending on the offer), without realising that there was a good chance that they were fake. After reading reviews on here I thought that I should pay a bit more for the entry level Sennheisers that were more likely to be real (these ones!). I was honestly shocked when I heard the sound coming out of them! It was a whole new world for me! So much depth and distinction between instruments! I'm hardly an expert, and maybe they aren't the best earphones ever, but they are waaaay good enough for me and definitely worth paying a few extra pounds for.

These earphones will be staying way out of reach of my dog!

TLDR: Fab earphones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value for money, great sound, 23 Feb 2011
M. R. Kemp "Kempez" (Basingstoke, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had the Sennheiser CX 300 Mk II's for some time. Alas, I've lost them and was desperate for a new pair of headphones to block out train journey annoyances! These fit the bill perfectly and were the only ones of any appreciable quality I could find on the high street at a reasonable price.

Build quality is the usual Sennheiser excellence and the sound is fantastic for the price. One thing I will say is give them a good 2-3 weeks 'burn-in' time (like any good speakers). They really come alive.

Worth the money? You bet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 8 Jan 2011
I bought this Sennheiser for my girlfriend, she loves it. I tried it a couple time and the sound is very good, of course there are better ones but for the price anyone can be satisfied.
All the accessories included are perfect, the ear adaptors and the pouch (I think its leather) are very nice. By the way the shipment was incredibly fast.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›