5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for running
These are by far the best headphones I've used whilst running. The sound quality is great and not being noise cancelling means you can hear traffic safely. Very comfortable and couple them with an arm strap for your smartphone/ipod and you'll not even notice the cable. Can't recommend them enough, truly excellent.
Published on 20 Aug. 2011 by saintdan

2.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser PMX 680
I bought this pair of headphones in April 2010, having previously owned 2 pairs of Sennheiser PMX 70's and a pair of PMX 80's. I mainly use my headphones whilst commuting (including going on the tube) and in the gym. I've always had issues with headphones staying in my ears, especially whilst exercising, so this range is ideal from that point of view. I've loved the...
Published on 15 May 2011 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadfull quality, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sennheiser/Adidas PMX 680 High-Performance Rugged Stereo Neckband Headphone for Sports (Electronics)
These headphones are anything but rugged.
My third set has now failed in the usual way, the connection between the headphone & the radio/MP3 player has died.
My first set lasted 15 months, my second set lasted 10 months and was replaced by the nice people at Amazon, this third & positively last set has lasted 14 months.

Never again... Be Warned.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best running earphones I have owned, 27 Aug. 2012
I do a lot of running and over the years have used many different earphones. My first pair of Sennheisers were excellent but after about five years they had just about worn out. I made the mistake of trying some Sound Magic earphones but after a few weeks and many frustrations I finally binned them and bought these, the modern equivalent of my old favourites. I'm delighted with them. They're light weight; they fit well; they don't retain sweat as there's nothing to absorb it - I ditched the foam cover, it's just not necessary; they can be taken off and put back on so easily; the sound quality is excellent. I use the short lead only, as I always wear my iPod on an arm band. This is a great improvement on the originals as there's no wire flapping around the place. I haven't actually tried the extension with the volume control. I'd recommend these to anyone looking for a sports headphone, they're really great.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great when they work, 7 April 2012
I used these exclusively for the gym and had hoped they would last upto 18 months, I was lucky to get 12.

Initially the volume control started acting up and would only play music through both ear pieces if I had the wheel control sitting at just the right point. very frustrating when you have to pause your workout to fiddle with it for a few minutes.

I replaced the extension cord with another I had and they lasted for a few months until the left ear piece stopped working. I had hoped that these "Sweat Resistant" headphones would of lasted longer than they did.

I gave them 2 stars because when they work they are very good - they have enough power and can block out the background noise in the gym but for the price and short life I would give them 1 star.

RCA's review gives the reason for the failure. I would only buy these if they were only sale (>50% off)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running with good sound, 18 Feb. 2012
The earphones that come with the iPhone kept falling out when I was running (and sweating), the cable was forever getting pulled about and I was getting really irritated fiddling with it all. So, I was looking for headphones which would not do any of these things.

I was a bit put off by some of the reviews for these Sennheiser/ Adidas headphones, but since I have bought and used them for a few weeks now I don't have any of the problems listed in the negative reviews. The headphones are really comfortable -- I don't use the pads that come with them, so I guess that means I have smallish ears. I carry my phone in a band on my arm and the short cable is all I need and perfect length. The headphones don't move when I'm running, the cable is perfect and the days of annoying re-adjusting seem over. There's been no problems with sweat, rain, snow, wearing a hat, a cap and even a bike helmet (whilst cycling- I'm not THAT mad).

The sound is really rather better than I would actually need for the silly running music I listen to, and I am very pleased that I can still hear cars and the road, which is probably a lot safer than if I couldn't.

These are the first pair of sports headphones I've owned, so I am no expert. Just a happy user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Dec. 2011
If you are looking for a great set of headphones for jogging/running I reccommend these. I ran 10k in these and didn't have a problem, sound quality is excellent, and there is no movement of the neckband when running infact you don't feel it at all. You do hear some feignt noises due to the style of the earbuds (they sit at an angle) however I didn't find that a problem as when running outside I want to hear some noises cars etc. I didn't have a problem with sweat in the ears as some people have mentioned so cannot comment on that. The wire doesn't get in the way as it only comes down one side and fits perfectly onto my armband ipod holder. These are everything I need from a set of hadphones for running, great price, great looks, delivered very quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Extension cable, 28 July 2011
I actually ordered 2 pcs. One worked fine. The sound is good enough and when I go running it stays in place.
There is a nice pouch to put it in when not in use and the look and feel of the product is good.

There is one problem. There is a sort of extension cable (that you need because the headphone cable is about 50cm.)
as soon as I connect this the sound is only on one side, so I will have to return it...

1.0 out of 5 stars Certainly not "High-Performance", 19 July 2011
To date I have had 4 pairs of sennheiser earphones and have been delighted with all of them. I needed to update my sports earphones, I had been using some Sennheiser PMX 60's for the last 6 years, still working well but earpads are in tatters now. I thought I would treat myself to some nice new ones. Unfortunately the Sennheiser/Adidas PMX 680 earphones I selected have many problems: 1. The sound is awful, poor bass, poor detail cartainly not the high performance as advertised. 2. The voloume control is weighty and further degrades the sound. 3. If you clip the volume control to the neck of your t-shirt and wear the ipod on your waist band the lead is too short,a serious design flaw. 4. If on a treadmill in the gym and resting ipod on shelf the volume control is too heavy and bounces around. In summary a poorly designed product, poor sound and really disappointing. Unfortunatley when opening the packaging,I damaged the box so can't even return them. Sennheiser PMX60 Open Neckband HeadphoneSennheiser/Adidas PMX 680 High-Performance Rugged Stereo Neckband Headphone for Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Best on the market for running, 14 April 2011
DGJury (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Best headphones on the market for running. Tried them out yesterday...

No issue with sound, actually better than my previous in-ear Sennheiser sports headphones. Didn't have an issue with sweat or water, ran in light rain without issue.

Definitely recommend this to any runner wanting a decent set of headphones that don't keep on popping out your ears.

Must mention that I only used the shortened cable with my iPod Shuffle attached.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for running, only., 8 April 2011
Luís Abreu (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Pros:
nice fit,
good build quality,
great sound quality

Cons:
odd background noise issue with 2010 macbook air, it's not the connector and happens even when NOT plugged in and near the laptop when charging, go figure.
the jack connector should be vertical to stay clear of any buttons placed on the same side as the jack plug

guess that's all

2.0 out of 5 stars Good but..., 29 Mar. 2011
As sports headphones go they are not bad. They are similar to the Sennheiser PMX70 headphones but with the addition of an in-line remote and a different colour. They sound good, they are comfortable and can be practical for the sports environment. I found that the remote was a problem and often frustrating. For starters it is quite heavy compared to other remotes I have seen and can pull the headphones off. Also, it is exactly at the wrong distance from anywhere. If my ipod is in my pocket I can't clip the remote on my waistband or pocket because the cable above it is just too short. If I clip the remote in my collar when my ipod is on my arm the excess cable above the remote gets in my face. I tried removing the remote portion but then the cable were too short. I have had them for almost a year now and not had a problem with water ingress yet. I bought these as a replacement for my PMX70s which did die eventually of water ingress. If I was to stick with Sennheiser, I would not buy these again but would go back to the PMX70s.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›