4.0 out of 5 stars Splendido!
Published on 5 Sept. 2010 by Gilberto

2.0 out of 5 stars let down
remington are a well known brand and so i decided to go for this device, whilst it is of good quality it does not get rid all of the nasal and ear hair, if you have a monster amount of hair in your ears and up ya nose then it will get rid of the problem but if its small fine hairs then you will need to go for something else
Published on 4 May 2011 by Daz

4.0 out of 5 stars Splendido!, 5 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Remington NE3350 Angled Hygienic Trimmer (Personal Care)
This product shouldn't be called the `Remington Groom Professional': instead, it should be the `Remington Nose Hair Eliminator 5000' (the number added just because it SOUNDS good). Shazam! This product does the job nicely, I've no nose hair left! The next closest thing to this wonder product would be taking a lighter to your nostrils, but you don't want to go down that road (it hurts a lot).

Right. Enough gab. Lets talk about the RGP: It fits neatly in the palm of the hand, and it's robustly built. Seriously, this is a well made piece of kit. The last product I had was a Wahl Nasal Trimmer (5560-427) and it was rubbish! It scarcely held together - the attachment kept coming off every time I removed the cap :-( Poor show, Wahl! So, if you are on the market for a nasal trimmer, then DON'T buy a Wahl one. I can't speak for other brands, but the Wahl trimmer just wasn't well made.

Anyway, the Remington contains the following attachments:

1) An eyebrow attachment. This is the one you see attached to the product in the picture, and it is removable.
2) Two comb attachments in two different grades, which are made of flexible plastic.
3) A nose hair attachment, which has a round cutting head in ceramic, which should be handy for people whose nose hair is stronger than chicken coop wire...?

I find the eyebrow attachment on the Remington highly effective for nose hair removal. The other attachments I have not used, so I will not comment on their effectiveness. What I will say however, is that all the attachment heads clip into place quite securely.

There are two minor things I don't like about the Remo however:

Firstly, it's a little too easy to inadvertently open the lower casing (where the Remington logo is on the trimmer) that houses the AA battery. One click of the lower casing to the right switches it on, and one click to the left opens the casing (the positions being - Open/Off/On). Other than that, it is a sturdy product, and I still consider it to be well made.

Secondly, the trimmer doesn't stand on its base. Let's think about that for a moment: your new fangled contraption with aesthetic clean lines won't be able to stand proudly on top of the coffee table as an ornamental attraction for when you have guests round. Not good! Rather more irksome however, is the fact that you can't stand it upright in the bathroom cabinet (i.e. to save space) along with your favourite can of fragranced niceness. So, consider that.

Conclusion? If you can put up with the minor problems I have addressed about this product, then I do highly recommend it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Go for it!

(Blimey, that's a lot of talk about a nose hair trimmer! Think I need to get out more...)

4.0 out of 5 stars Angled for action!, 6 Aug. 2011
Glenn Cook (South Cave, near Hull UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Remington NE3350 Angled Hygienic Trimmer (Personal Care)
Let's face it there comes a time in a man's life when he wakes up and finds he has crop circles in his nose and ears and that's the time to do something about it!
Now ladies if you're of a nervous disposition look away now...

I'm waiting.. All gone? Good..
Now we all know that God has a sense of humour with Men because the same genes and stuff that makes us loose the hair on the top of our heads makes it sprout out of our ears and noses.
With me so far... good.
Now I've had several makes of nose trimmers and different types. Personally I cannot get any effect from the rotatary ones.
Nose strimmers... err I mean trimmers come in 3 basic design. The rotary ones (that spin like record round right round) The tiny back and forth scissors type and this beast the eyebrow rows of blades type. For me the latter is the new type.
Now to basics.
There is always the danger of cutting yourself so the first thing you need is a good grip and the Remington does just that. Next you need a decent set of cutting edges to do the job. It has those. Despite this razor having changeable heads what I was after was the eyebrow cutting type one one because it looks like it can do the job better and my how it does. Now this is strange because the rotary one should be the best one to do this but I suspect many men will use the eyebrow one simply because they are the best blades.
The angle is very very useful and I found myself NOT having to twist my arm to get a good angle thereby increasing the arm shake that I have done with other trimmers.
This one has a good weight to it hence the decent grip. (Some other trimmers have been so fiddly and small in the past).
No, you need a firm grip to do this delicate business and the Remington does just that.
The bonus is that you get 2 sets of plasticy guards for eyebrow trimming.
It does the job well nose hair was cut to the minimum and the ears were a delight to do one you got the hang of it.
Niggles??
Well there is no on off switch. You have to twist the case. When you first do this the battery compartment flies open. Secondly you can stand the beast up on your sink vanity shelf or whatever. Which I think is a big fault. Thirdly the eyebrow guards look a bit too weak and easily broken for me)
Anyhow.
True its water proof and is easily washed under the tap. (And I would really recommend you do each and every time to keep the blighter running like a greased ferret.)
Recommended?
Yes it does the job efficiently and looks like it will do the job for a while which is exactly what you want from a nose hair trimmer isn't it?
Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for painful plucking!, 7 Jan. 2011
L Roberts "lwsrbrts" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington NE3350 Angled Hygienic Trimmer (Personal Care)
I actually purchased a Philips Nasal Hair trimmer for my cousin as a joke - his "coming of age" present now that he's found some nose hair. When it arrived I considered buying myself one because I thought it would do a better job at trimming than the normal circular or rotating nose hair trimmers which just don't seem to reach all the parts you want them to reach. The Philips trimmer has a single vertical trimmer type system but when I went looking for it again on Amazon, the price had increased over that of this Remington.

After a quick look at the Remington trimmer I decided to buy and compare it with my cousin's before I gave him the gift. The Remington trimmer has a double vertical trimmer blade which, when compared side by side with the Philips trimmer, made far more sense. The Remington trimmer also comes with a normal rotary trimmer attachment for use in the ear as well as two eyebrow hair "grades" so you can trim your eyebrow hair too. For such a low price I am impressed with the contents!

This is the first time I'd used a vertical trimmer on my nasal hair and it is definitely a far superior solution than the rotary trimmers. It got a lot closer and without any discomfort, even on the small hairs at the edge of the nostril. I haven't used the rotary trimmer but I imagine it would do a decent job on ear hair.

Most men don't mess around with their eyebrow hair but if you do suffer from bushy eyebrows or the odd unruly hair, the attachments for eyebrow hair are great. I plucked (pardon the pun) up the courage to use the longest of the two grades on my eyebrows and I must say, it did a brilliant job of trimming the excess hair without making my eyebrows look any different.

All in all, a fine piece of kit for a very reasonable price. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars seems good so far, 6 Jan. 2011
P. Bird "philipousis" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Remington NE3350 Angled Hygienic Trimmer (Personal Care)
Have tried two Philips nose and hair trimmers they were good but did not last long, this Remington seems sturdier has better attachments and allows you to clean it under the tap, this was a possible reason for past failures. This then keeps us middle aged men hair free in the nose, ear and eyebrow department.

5.0 out of 5 stars nose and ear trimmer, 16 Feb. 2013
R. Anderson (uk) - See all my reviews
very good product,does exactly what it says and well packed,love the different attached bits that comes with it and easy to assemnley

2.0 out of 5 stars let down, 4 May 2011
Daz (manchester uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars nose trimmer, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Remington NE3350 Angled Hygienic Trimmer (Personal Care)
Arrived promptly. Worked straight away. This is a very good product. Works well for nose and ears without the attachments. I tried the Aldi nose trimmer But that couldn't handle long hairs. This one does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Remington NE3350 Angled Hygienic Trimmer (Personal Care)
The device was exactly what was advertised and I'm very happy. It come in a box with all the attchments and a battery. The only thing that is a little disconcerting is the on off switch which is at the base and you have to turn. If you turn to far you open the battery comartment. Other than that great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Remington NE3350 Angled Hygienic Trimmer (Personal Care)
I had the Philips NT9110 nasal hair trimmer for a couple of years but it suddenly stopped working so I came on Amazon to purchase another as I was so pleased with it. However I saw the reviews for this and thought I would give it a go.

The has to be the best trimmer I have ever used. Don't bother with the rotating trimmer for your nose, just use the angled attachment. It has such a close shave, better than the Phillips as it has two cutters rather than one. It therefore gets into all the cracks and hard to get areas of your nose so your not yanking your nose around to get to the stray hairs. No pulling or cutting like the cheap trimmers. I thought the Phillips was good, this is much better.

I never normally cut my eyebrows but gave it a go with the attachment and they have come up lovely.

Look no further, from someone who has tried the two leading hair trimmers, this beats the Phillips hands down. Only slight downside is the on/off switch. You need to rotate the same part to get the battery out so turns on when you twist or comes off if you twist to turn off but this is very minor and not an issue. Doesn't have the same feel or quality as the Phillips but much better performance which for me is what it is all about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat & tidy, 26 Feb. 2013
Bought for hubby who tells me this product is 'fab'. I like because he looks well 'groomed' in all the right places!

Remington NE3350 Angled Hygienic Trimmer