I bought a pair of these to extend the captive phono leads from some small speakers used in my el-cheapo synthesising 5.1 surround system for the TV. They did not reduce the audio quality at all, either on normal program or test tones.

The screening works well when the cable is used for line or microphone input to my hi-fi amplifier, and there was no interference either way when I wrapped it around my mobile phone during a call. Again, in this application, the cable works as well as any other of the same length in not attenuating high frequencies.

The cable seems to be securely bonded to the plugs and their strain reliefs are in the standard style. I am not going to try to damage them to see what the limits are!

The contacts are bright nickel plated, not gold, and in my speaker application this is an advantage since the cable connects with other nickel plated connectors.

Recommended.
on 10 August 2012
I bought these shielded cables to try to fix my long standing phono hum form my turntable (which is a Sony PSLX4 with no ground wire). Amazingly they worked perfectly and fixed the hum - literally reducing it to zero. A very good solution at almost no cost.
on 4 October 2013
After several attempts to find a cable that does not affect sound quality, I found a helpful review on here that said it doesn't... and they were right! If anything it's improved. It arrived quickly and does the job wonderfully. Definitely buy!
on 26 April 2013
Arrived very quickly and did what i wanted them to do which was/is to extend a pair of creative desktop speakers.

Has done it nicely no noticeable drop in sound quality.
on 20 July 2014
NO distortion in sound quality detected very Good cable looks double shielded thick cable, I am using them to extend 5.1 surrond cables , seller very reliable , fast delivery
on 20 January 2011
Extended my 5.1 pc speakers to go around the room, no sound quality change, great. Wouldn't go for a shorter lead if your thinking of doing something similar.
on 26 February 2013
I need an extension for a speaker set attached to my TV in my bedroom. Perfect. Good length and does what it says on the tin, very happy.
on 15 June 2012
This is just a simple extension for anyone home cinema system! It's fits most wires fine and the plating processes sounds quickly
on 12 March 2013
Decent cable, made of quality materials. Will last A WHILE. Decent price, and quick postage. What more can you ask?
on 24 November 2014
Good quality, does the job it was intended for