‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift for a child who is interested in science., 5 Nov 2009
Heather Booth (Lancashire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
The product was purchased for a 12 year old who is mad about science. It proved amusing and educational for his younger siblings also. The animations were more suitable for the younger children but the songs were catchy, and all three children have learned to sing several of them! Generally informative and entertaining. I was pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent stuff, 4 Sep 2009
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
This is one of those rare bits of music that is enjoyable from start to finish. Ok - it's not Mozart, or Coltrane, but it is very good feel good pop, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It might even be a source of inspiration to anyone considering studies in science, and with the state of the UK in that regard at the moment that can only be a good thing.

Order it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for school, 4 Dec 2009
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
I'm a Y1 primary school teacher and my class absolutely love this album and DVD. Nothing better than having a class of 5 year olds sing "Roy G. Biv is a colourful man, his name spells out the whole colour spectrum!'" Check out the other TMBG albums too..

5.0 out of 5 stars This is AWESOME, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
How can I put this? Because of these videos my daughter, while at pre-school, rattled off all the names of the planets in order. She knows what DNA is and what a paleontologist is. She knows what a conifer is (although that's from the "Here Comes the ABCs" DVD, also recommended). She's four years old. The teachers were astounded. And you will be too, at the sheer amount of clear and accurate information conveyed in catchy song and clever video form.

The topics are a bit all over the place but every song and video is a winner in its own right. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars school lovely lovel, singing school, 10 Mar 2011
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
my kids (both 5 year old) are loving the colorfulness and the teaching aspect of these songs. they learn about elements, elephants, stars, planets in a cheerful and playful way. even though they don't understand english they learn a lot from the visuals while i briefly explain what they're singing about.
i'm a big fan of the band's songs and lyrics myself so i was quite happy that we found a mutual interest on this area :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good science, good music, 28 Nov 2014
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
This is a fantastic album for introducing a variety of science concepts to children. My 5 year old daughter loves it and it has prompted lots of questions. I even learned some things. It's great just listening to the audio CD, but the DVD is good for illustrating what some of the songs are about. And the best thing is...it's not irritating to listen to - proper music, not kiddy nonsense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun songs and stealth learning, 30 Oct 2014
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
Our 4 year old loves to listen to this They Might Be Giants CD in the car and so do we. The tunes are very listenable and I have definitely learned facts from it too. Recommended.

We also have No! which is maybe more enjoyable for slightly younger children and we don't listen to it as much now but that might just be because we've already heard it 10 million times!

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love this, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
We got fed up of 'the wheels on the bus' CD in the car and thought this would make a good alternative. It is awesome. My four year old can now tell you what velocity is and my two year old sings 'photosynthesis ah ah ah'. The only downside is that they won't listen to anything else :) The extra DVD it comes with is pretty cool too.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loved this!, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
This was recommended to me by another parent and I am so glad that I purchased one for my son. He loves it. Great tunes that he can sing along with while learning about science. Would certainly recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best CD we've had for ages!, 16 Feb 2014
This review is from: Here Comes Science (Audio CD)
I home educate my 2 children (8 and 6) and I have found my eldest learns much better if things are sung..so I've been hunting around for educational stuff in song..this CD was recommended by several other home educators so thought I'd try it. Within 24 hrs we couldn't get RoyGBiv out of our heads and by the end of a week we knew pretty much all of the songs..they are so fun and quirky and catchy. The kids wanted it in the house/the car/in their rooms..they couldnt get enough of it!
The DVD which comes with it is also brilliant as it puts more meaning into the songs with animations.

An absolute winner! I wish the band would do some more 'eduactional' type material..Geography/Maths/literacy..I see they also do a number and alphabet one but w're past thse so looking for something meatier..

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Here Comes Science
Here Comes Science by They Might Be Giants (Audio CD - 2010)