Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

on 15 September 2013
This hand-held magnifier does exactly what I need it to do - it enables me to read minutely-printed information and instructions. I'm amazed at how type can be printed so small! Thank goodness for magnifiers!
on 7 September 2013
You look through it and things seem 6 times larger than usual. If that's a big wow! to you then get some therapy. If you need a simply x6 magnifying glass you can use above and below water then simply buy one.
on 18 January 2015
Beware; real magnification of this lens is smaller, only x3 compared to advertised x6.
You can check magnification yourself by following two easy steps:
i) on sunny day find, with a piece of paper, where the lens will focus the sunlight, then measure the distance from the lens to the paper. This distance is the focal length. Optical power of the lens (in dioptres) is then 1/f, where f is expressed in metres.
ii) magnification = 0.25m x (optical power) + 1. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnifying_glass )
I found focal length of the lens to be 13cm (or 0.13m). This gives magnifications of approximately x3
on 29 June 2013
Ordered this for a lady of 101 who's eyesight had got so bad she could hardly read anything - until she got this. It has made such a difference to her life. I ordered it because of the reviews and I am so pleased that I did.
on 17 January 2013
The 7 cm diameter includes the frame. Will be handy to put in pocket when in London etc to read street map.
Maybe not 6x magnifyer, more like 4, or 5x at most to me but it is fine for what I need.
on 16 April 2015
I brought this magnifying glass so i could burn things with it (:
It is big enough to have a good surface area and the magnification is also good.
For it's price this is the best thing out there
on 31 December 2012
Firstly this is plastic but not the cheap nasty type. It feels like it will last for quite a while. It really is 6x mag. Bought for my wife to help her read small print. Does the job excellently.
on 3 October 2013
Bought for partner who is doing a genealogy course, its used for old documents that are either unclear or very small writing, this works a treat and is very helpful. Also used to help remove a splinter :)
on 24 February 2014
I bought this for my Mum who is very old and has failing sight. It is more powerful than many magnifying glasses, is a very convenient size and is quite lightweight which makes it easy for her to use.
on 26 December 2010
Bought for elderly mother who is struggling with her sight. She can now read the paper, check her mail and write checks. She is again happily doing the crossword