5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
My garden had been subject to flooding since new houses were built at the rear several years ago despite a land drain being laid and despite various remedies I attempted.
Published on 13 Oct. 2012 by Mr. J. Rimmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, was a great pump for three months.
Rubbish,
This is my second pump in three months, the first seized and the second leaked water into the electric housing causing the fuse to blow and trip my electrics. I would not recommend at all. Draper have issues with making good quality pumps these days. My first review gave it 5* and is below.

**This is my second draper pump, i use it to pump water...
Published 17 months ago by Lee W

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Oct. 2012
Mr. J. Rimmer "Diner" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Draper 76335 210-Litres-per-Minute 750-Watt 230-Volt Submersible Dirty Water Pump with Float Switch (DIY & Tools)
The flooding had, over the years, become worse and will not improve so last year I dug a pit (small lake) across the bottom of the garden hoping this might contain the water somewhat, but it didn't.
I decided, therefore, to buy a water pump and did much research, eventually deciding on this one although I wasn't 100% certain that it would be powerful enough.
(The pit/lake is 10 feet by 4 feet and 4 feet deep and the water would require to be pumped over 30 feet and up a slope of 9 feet to the nearest grid. Plus, the water was in excess of that, over stepping stones round the lake and almost completely covering my lawn to a depth of 2" to 3").
Upon recept I put the unit into the water, ran a drainage pipe up to the grid, went in the house, said a prayer and switched on. Almost immediately I heard water gushing into the grid and within under 3 hours the lake was virtually empty.
Once the surrounding area has dried out I will be able to work in my garden again, cut the grass, plant out around the lake, etc. and maintain the water level at a satisfactory depth.
As you can tell, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Draper submersible dirty water pump, 13 Feb. 2011
I live in an Victorian property that has multi levels. I use this pump in my basement to pump dirty water from my washing machine up a level (approx 6' to 8') into the drainage system. The pump works extremely well, is efficient, quiet and competitively priced. In the past I have paid nearly £300 for similar pumps that just have not been as good. Ordering was easy and postage was quick. I would recommend this pump and supplier.SUBMERSIBLE DIRTY WATER PUMP WITH FLOAT SWITCH 210L/min (max.)750W 230V

4.0 out of 5 stars Draper 750w Dirty water Pump, 14 April 2012
This is a great pump and works very well. I am using it to pump rain water around to different storage tanks as well as using it to water plants with a standard garden hose. Two points; firstly I am glad that I purchased this 750W model as the pressure is only just adequate so I dread to think how lower powered pumps would cope. Secondly this has a large output pipe and I could not quickly find an adapter (after I had unpacked and realised that I needed one) to reduce down to a standard 1/2inch hose. Fortunately I managed to modify the output (but not with a standard adapter) to connect a standard hose to it .

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, was a great pump for three months., 23 Aug. 2013
Rubbish,

**This is my second draper pump, i use it to pump water from the pond to the waterfall, which is a 4m head, the previous one ran non stop for four years. Would recommend**

Amazon have been great and given me a full refund without any hassel. I will not be buying Draper again.

5.0 out of 5 stars pumpy, 19 Sept. 2011
great delivery of pump and now of sump water great tool used on permanent use on a sump left to do its thing works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got me out of a fix!, 28 Dec. 2012
I have got stables on a piece of land that floods very easily, which in turn means my store of hay is under threat from being waterlogged. With this year's excessive amount of rain, this has caused a major problem; every time it rains, the yard is under water. I made the decision to dig a sump which would drain the water which in turn would be pumped across the paddock to the dyke. I needed a pump with a float switch so that I could leave it to do it's job. The Draper pump seemed ideal and had good reviews. It has turned out to be a Godsend! I look at the weather forecast and if it talks of rain I connect the pipework up, put the pump in the sump and leave it to do the job, which it does with ease and has saved my stables and hay. It is very reassuring to hear the gallons of water gushing into the dyke and the float switch works a treat. It is obviously dirty water being pumped out but poses no problem. I would definitely recommend this pump to anyone wanting a reasonably priced saviour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sump pump, 2 Jun. 2013
This is a good little pump, it is used to pump the water from our fish pond.
It empties the water very quickly and is very is very powerful.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Disaster!, 10 July 2013
I had never returned any of my many purchases from Amazon because of faults before this. I could not start the first pump I bought despite having read all the instructions and following them carefully. I returned it and decided to request a replacement thinking this had never happened before and would not happen again. The replacement worked very well - but only for 15 minutes! It stopped although it was not near the bottom of the trench. Despite my having used a residual circuit breaker, as instructed, it would not restart.

If you have not used a pump before you are likely to assume, as I did, that this pump will use a standard 1/2" hose. I realise now that other sellers of water pumps such as Tool Station state clearly in their adverts the size of hoses that fit the pumps they sell. Although I had downloaded the instructions and read them before I purchased it it is not stated clearly which type of hose is necessary. I required one at least 15 metres long but Draper do not supply these. I contacted Draper but they told me they did not supply hoses more than 10 metres long and could not tell me where I could find one.(I would imagine many customers would require hoses more than 10 metres long). I thought I should buy one locally in order to check that it fitted. Luckily after much searching and before the 30 days had expired I found a Hozelock one and a quarter inch, 15 metre hose which fitted the pump.

In the end I had to remove the water from the pond manually and although it was hard work it took less time and was less stressful than using these pumps. As well as testing these pumps the manufucturer should look at re-writing the intructions.

Looking back on the disaster it amounted to a huge amount of wasted time and stress and I am left with a good hose which I used for 15 minutes. It cost £25 and I am unlikely to use it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Draper pump, 23 Nov. 2011
Good value for the money.The method of retaining the pump body to the motor is weak.
The plastic strips too easily. So if you have to remove the pump to motor assembly to clear a blockage to many times Then the chances are the pump will be heading for the bin.

5.0 out of 5 stars best on the market, 13 May 2013
Adrian Dobbins "studmuffin" (Redditck U.K) - See all my reviews
does just what it says on the box, well made and very reliable thank you please have a nice day