4.0 out of 5 stars Magic Little Box, 12 Nov 2011
A. D. Hain "AndyH2002" (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: DIGITAL OPTICAL TOSLINK TO COAX/COAXIAL CONVERTER/ADAPTOR BOX
It can be quite bewildering nowadays, ensuring you have the right cable if you want to hook up your TV or Blu-Ray etc., to an external sound system.
A number of technical sheets I've read just state digital audio out and don't say which method is employed.
I was in a position where I had devices with optical output and a sound system with co-axial input. That's where this little box comes in. The optical connects to the input end of the of the box and the co-axial to the output socket. Plug the other end of the co-ax into the sound system and I was away - full high quality surround sound.
The box needs powering to make the conversion from optical to electrical. Consequently there is a rather meaty power adaptor that comes with it that must also be plugged in - if your TV and extras are on a power strip, make sure you've got another socket free.

5.0 out of 5 stars I shall COAX you to OPT for this, 23 Nov 2011
M. ELLWAY (UK) - See all my reviews
Saw this had a good review so opted for this box of tricks. Connected up very simply. Turned on TV and surround but no sound. Unpluged power supply and reconnected and away it went(must have locked up?). The sound quality is far superior to the stereo analogue input I was using before. I hope I'm now getting Dolby 5.1 from my Sony TV(I've read all the big debates)-it certainly sounds it and if it's not I don't think I'd miss it. I saw the recommended 1 metre optic lead but went for the 2 metre lead which I would think is a better bet for most to get to the surround box and a 0.7 metre coax. Just a case of where you want this box to sit. There you go-can highly recommend this and the price is good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 23 Mar 2011
Works perfectly. I have many HDMI devices attached to my Sony TV which as an optical audio output, but my home Theater receiver only have coax input. With this converter i can succesfuly listen 5.1 audio from all my devices. Worth every penny

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i needed for my ps3., 8 Feb 2011
I got one of those free audio systems when i bought my HDTV. Unfortunately it only had Coax Audio in which was not compatible with my PS3. Rather than buy a new audio system and waste $1000 i decided to give this a go and although the setup is a bit clumsy and messy it works. Finally getting true DTS sound from my ps3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2014
All exactly as specified & service perfect