on 7 April 2010
This album and DVD is worth every penny and more. A real treat for any Paul Rodgers/Bad Co. fans....in fact anyone who appreciates good music. Played with enthusiasm and sung by the impeccable Mr Rodgers, who is in extremely good form, this is a feast for the eyes and ears. It is great to see a band enjoying what they are doing and the audience loving it! There is a freshness about the performance which probably stems from the fact that it's a long time since they played together, but the quality of the musicianship is still there......and Oh that voice!!I would recommend it to anyone....and do! Buy it....or you are missing a great concert.
on 20 January 2011
Having come late to the fold, my first Bad Company lp was Desolation Angels, which I thought was great, then Rough Diamonds which was ok. Then 10 from 6 on cd which was great. Next came Paul Rodgers version of Bad Company and Merchants of Cool, which stole back the crown from the other Bad Company that did some good business across the pond. Then this. Saw them on BBC iplayer from the Radio 2 concert broadcast last year. Stunning. Paul Rodgers voice has got better with age. None of these people are in the first flush of youth, but they can still put on a show. "I may not ever be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" is certainly the case here. Whatever had gone down in the past is laid to rest and everyone seems to be having a great time. This is a greatest hits live, but what greatest hits. At least as good as the studio originals to these ears. And this is while Queen + 1 were still an item and about to put out "The Cosmos Rocks".
£16 in hmv - 'nuff said.
on 31 March 2010
From one of the best blues rock bands in history they have rolled back the years and proved they have still got what it takes. It's raw and Paul's voice is sensational.
No frills stage show this is a working rock band delivering what it does best.
on 13 March 2010
WOW! In contrast to bands like Deep Purple, Bad Company has never released many live albums. Sadly, none were released during their heydays in the 70s. If we forget the "Greatest Hits live" for a moment (during the days the band was fronted by Brian Howe), There's only "Merchants of Cool" (2002) and this new "Hard Rock Live". The latter wins hands down, although the former was already very good (it didn't feature Mick Ralphs, though). "Hard Rock Live" has excellent sound a picture and the performance itself is brilliant. Starting off with the fantastic "Bad Company" and running through a setlist of absolute classics, this is a cd/dvd you won't want to miss. More obscure songs like "Gone Gone Gone" and "Live For the Music" get a new life here and sound absolutely great. My favourite live album in a long, long time.
on 3 October 2010
I think this is one of my favourite live albums that I have bought over the the last 30 years.
The dual format of a CD & DVD is a really good option and for the price is an absolute steal!
From the opening track "Bad Company" the band puts in an excelant rendition of all the Bad Company hits with Paul Rogers building up a great rapport with an obviously adoring crowd.
One of the highlights for me is "Seagull" when the three original members perform an acoustic rendition of one of my favourite songs.
There is plenty enjoy on the album with lesser known songs like Burning Sky, Simple Man and particularly Live For The Music showcasing well against Run With Pack, Shooting Star & Feel Like Making Love.
An absolute MUST for harden BC fans and a wonderful taster for anyone not familiar with their work.
on 16 June 2010
I have always been a fan of Paul Rodgers and particularly enjoyed the original Bad Company 70s experience.
I bought this hoping not to be disappointed and.........I wasn't!
Rodgers' voice is still as strong as ever and the guitar work and drum work provided by Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirke make for excellent performances of arguably their greatest hits. Combine this with a great sound and it makes this an absolute must have for Bad Company fans or indeed anyone with a passing interest in the name.
The DVD brought back great memories of seeing the band live first time around...long may they play!
on 27 February 2010
From the first chords of Bad Company you know the rest off the album is going to be fantastic. They cover the full range of hits, album tracks with hard driving rock. Paul Rodgers is one of the greatest rock singers I have heard. He gels with Simon Kirke's power drumming and Mick Ralphs guitar as if they had never split. I saw him live with Queen and to be honest he made the show, now he is back with his roots I hope they stay and record new material. As for this album you will not be disappointed, it is polished favourites, Bad Company, Gone Gone Gone, Movin On, Rock Steady, Can't get enough, the only track I don't like is Seagull, but for whatever reason it always is on the live album and tours.I am lucky enough to have the CD
"Live in Alberquerque" recorded in'76, which is less polished than this CD, and overall better, but if you like Bad Company it is a must
on 28 February 2011
This CD and DVD package is excellent value for money and if you like Bad Company it is one not to be missed. The DVD is excellent; true, the band is performing on a simple stage, but the performance is solid throughout. I found the music CD to be slightly less good (hence the four stars)- at times Paul's singing sounds a little truncated - which does not come across on the video. Worth purchasing for the version of Seagull - which I have not stopped playing.
on 7 March 2010
I have been a big fan of Paul Rodgers since Free, Bad Company, solo and Queen. Sadly missed the original line up and there was something missing from the subsequent line ups. Shame Boz Burrell wasn't included in this group but in 2008 this is going a long way back to that original sound so distinctive as raw 70's rock and should be experienced; the added bonus is the DVD is included. Can't wait for the 2010 tour!
on 25 March 2011
I bought this as a present to me! Having been a Bad Company Fan since my teens; this was an awesome reminder of what a totally fantastic Band they are.

The Music CD and DVD Video is Brilliant.

If you like Bad Company, You will Love this Album!