on 26 February 2010
This is definitely my favourite show! Suave Rex Harrison, wonderful Julie Andrews and a host of other marvellous characters! My old LP record, bought more than thirty years ago, was damaged and I decided I couldn't be without it. As an added bonus, the CD has archived interviews with the stars made just after the recording session had finished.
VINE VOICEon 21 April 2014
You can be sure you have by the initials LP in the top right hand corner of the cover. It will also have a bonus track at the end of the album containing interviews with Rex Harrison and Julie Andrews. The Hallmark version is to be avoided as it is mastered from an inferior source.

Why this version? It catches the original cast still enthused with post opening night adrenalin and no other matches it. Don't worry that it isn't stereo. The Sony remastering brings out the best in this wonderful recording.

This is pure magic.
on 30 September 2011
The CD is as clear and sharp as one might hope for with interviews at the end after what is claimed to be a fourteen hour stint in the recording studios. Harrison was aged 35 and Andrews only 20 at the time of the recording. It makes one realise just how old one is becoming!
on 17 August 2014
Although this remastered recording from such a long time ago can't compete with today's technique, I wouldn't like to change it to something else as I wanted the original Broadway version of My Fair Lady with lovely Julie Andrews. I noticed though that one song has some flaws and my CD went a bit berserk at one point. Maybe just a question of cleaning it properly ... but all in all, fully acceptable and a pleasure to listen to.
on 25 September 2013
Having heard the LP many many times in my youth, I decided I had to have a digital copy when I throw away my record player. This is a faithful copy of the original and a real classic stage musical.
on 2 June 2013
Different from the Rex Harrison version, but very good and enjoyable. Ian Richardson has a remarkable voice and makes an excellent Higgins
on 28 April 2011
This is the original sound track from the 1950s, if you are a lover of shows from that era then this is for you.
on 19 August 2015
Excellent recording of an all time classic. Highly recommended.
on 28 May 2015
What can you say. Near perfection! !!
on 19 September 2015
I have one very happy father in law