5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite Lady
This is definitely my favourite show! Suave Rex Harrison, wonderful Julie Andrews and a host of other marvellous characters! My old LP record, bought more than thirty years ago, was damaged and I decided I couldn't be without it. As an added bonus, the CD has archived interviews with the stars made just after the recording session had finished.
Published on 26 Feb. 2010 by A. G. Lockhart

A. G. Lockhart (Northants, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to catch up with, 30 Sept. 2011
Mr. S. J. Powell (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
The CD is as clear and sharp as one might hope for with interviews at the end after what is claimed to be a fourteen hour stint in the recording studios. Harrison was aged 35 and Andrews only 20 at the time of the recording. It makes one realise just how old one is becoming!

4.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't like to change it to something else as I wanted ..., 17 Aug. 2014
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
Although this remastered recording from such a long time ago can't compete with today's technique, I wouldn't like to change it to something else as I wanted the original Broadway version of My Fair Lady with lovely Julie Andrews. I noticed though that one song has some flaws and my CD went a bit berserk at one point. Maybe just a question of cleaning it properly ... but all in all, fully acceptable and a pleasure to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make Sure You Get the Sony Version!, 21 April 2014
Roger Rebec "Roger Rebec" (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
You can be sure you have by the initials LP in the top right hand corner of the cover. It will also have a bonus track at the end of the album containing interviews with Rex Harrison and Julie Andrews. The Hallmark version is to be avoided as it is mastered from an inferior source.

Why this version? It catches the original cast still enthused with post opening night adrenalin and no other matches it. Don't worry that it isn't stereo. The Sony remastering brings out the best in this wonderful recording.

This is pure magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars The original cast was always the best, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
Having heard the LP many many times in my youth, I decided I had to have a digital copy when I throw away my record player. This is a faithful copy of the original and a real classic stage musical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great adaptation, 2 Jun. 2013
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
Different from the Rex Harrison version, but very good and enjoyable. Ian Richardson has a remarkable voice and makes an excellent Higgins

5.0 out of 5 stars Just great, 28 April 2011
Bazpal - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Fair Lady (MP3 Download)
This is the original sound track from the 1950s, if you are a lover of shows from that era then this is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars An exciting, moving portrayal of life, love and dreams., 24 May 2001
By A Customer
This soundtrack to one of the best musicals of today, which has survived generations, is wonderful, beautiful, and an accurate musical portrayal of the play. As well as the best-known, well-loved classics, "Luverly", "I'm Getting Married In The Morning" and "The Street Where You Live", there are some beautiful, less well known songs- some fast, some slow, and all equally exquisite. This is an album for the true musical lover, and one not to be missed

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, 11 Sept. 2014
This recording is wonderful. Ignore the negative reviews. All the roles are expertly handled and the conducting couldn't be better.

4.0 out of 5 stars got what i wanted for a good price but disk in only a cardboard sleeve, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: My Fair Lady (Audio CD)
got what i wanted for a good price but disk in only a cardboard sleeve, so i presume this was a cost saver