5.0 out of 5 stars Washine Washable.
This is a simply superb memory stick: quick, elegant and fast.

It's also, as I found out by accident, machine washable. (Who would have thought) I managed to recover all of my data with no loss or corruption. (Yah!)
Published on 18 May 2012 by Nerd

3.0 out of 5 stars Half and Half
I bought this product because i needed a large protable storage device. The LaCie CooKey was a perfect option as you can add it to your keychain and it would only be aparent to others after close examination. However:

Published on 7 Oct 2011 by Mr. J. LOOPER

5.0 out of 5 stars Washine Washable., 18 May 2012
This review is from: LaCie CooKey 16GB USB Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
This is a simply superb memory stick: quick, elegant and fast.

3.0 out of 5 stars Half and Half, 7 Oct 2011

Pro's: The storage capacity allows for the movement of large files (32GB is enough for a stick) Robust, not easily damaged and inconspicuous.

Cons: The cache on the stick is woefully inadequate, It wake at least 5 minutes to transfer 2 GB of data. needs at leased a 64Mb Cache.

Over all, I am undecided. It allows me to move my data in sufficient ammounts, however the time it takes to transfer to and from the stick is anoying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Packaging lunacy, 26 Dec 2010
C. Ward (West Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
Great USB stick, tough case looks like it will take a fair amount of abuse, though some concern about the cheap plastic cap which is easily knocked off and small enough to loose without trace.
The one thing I have to really critize Lacie for is the totally absurd packaging. It comes in a blister pack that seems to be made of transparent Kevlar. Scissors would not cut through it and I had to resort to using a Stanley knive, taking care not to cut my fingers off in the process! There really is no need to package things in such an excessive manner that makes it extremely difficult to open. Get a grip Lacie!

5.0 out of 5 stars natty usb key, 9 Jan 2014
tallmanbaby (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LaCie CooKey 16GB USB Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
Basically this is a robust USB stick that looks like a key. I am reviewing the USB stick I got, obviously specifications and extras are liable to change.

LaCie, a French company, provide some extras, mainly available for download on their website. Reviewing these extras as a Mac user,

Intego back up software - presumably okay but most folk will have their own preferred back up software already

Automatic login only when inserted - this stopped being compatible a few OS ago, but all it does is enter your login, and because the USB stick needs to be ejected, it provides no useful additional security that I can see

Secure password protected partition on your USB stick - personally this I found this tricky to install, but it would doubtless have been easier, had I followed the online instructions. You could probably achieve the same using FileVault, but it seems to work well enough. Because you are saving something on a USB stick, with a password, if you lose either, you have lost access to your files.

Finally, there is a code on the blister pack that allows you to boost your online cloud storage at WUALA. There are a myriad of online cloud storage providers, but with ongoing concerns about the NSA there could well be benefits in using a French company.

In short, this is a tough, stylish USB stick, LaCie products are expensive but generally tough and stylish, there are plenty of cheaper alternatives, but you won't go terribly far wrong with this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!!, 27 Aug 2011
This review is from: LaCie CooKey 16GB USB Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
Perfect. It comes with online storage which is fantastic. I like the design - it looks like a key - and that makes it unique. And it is from a company that I really trust.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: LaCie CooKey 16GB USB Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
I came across a Lacie usb drive from the IT guy at my workplace. I have lost at least 1 flash usb attached to my keys so this is was going to be much better than anything I had previously.
I bought the Cookey as it seemed to have better reviews.
So far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars slim and cool, 22 April 2013
it looks like a real key in my key ring!
no one notice unless i say that it is a usb stick!

good build quality

instead of its look and build one of the most impressing thing about the usb stick is that you can use it as a key to protect your computer with the help of a software!

if you want to have a usb stick in your keyring you should not hesitate to buying it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lacie, 20 April 2013
The item arrived very quickly and is great, easy to use, very good value for money. It is very portable and a good design.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best I've bought, 10 April 2013
This is amazing - survived falling down loo - don't ask but quickly retrieved - not totally indestructible as I did kill it - kicked it whilst in computer (tower in work located on floor) but for me was the best memory stick I have had - and I get through a lot!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful and very cool looking drive, 5 Mar 2013
I bought one of these drives years ago and it's now just part of my life. The drive is always on my key chain with my house keys - it's small, sleek, and I take it everywhere without even thinking about it. The situation comes up where one of my friends says "Patrick James Green: do you have a flash drive so I can give you those files/photos/whatever..." and my answer is always, "wait a minute, Yes! I have an excellent drive on my keys!" Awesome. So, to summarise, this product is excellent and has never let me down. For more reviews from me, please check out [...]

LaCie CooKey 16GB USB Flash Drive