Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.23

on 29 March 2013
My heart goes out to Rebecca.. you endured so much pain for so long ,but at last you are free. I hope your books inspire people in your situation to seek the help that is available. You sound a lovely mother I hope your boys are proud
on 11 May 2013
This story is a harrowing tale of a woman's survival and I take my hat off to you but I can't help but feel frustrated how many times can one person b faced with the chance of escape so many times and not go and when she did escape she told her abusive mother where she was and therefor was found again, a clear break from all the abusers would have inspired me, I was abused and at the first opportunity I was gone even with nothing it's better than being dead!
on 30 December 2011
Such a privilege to have read Rebecca's story.
Her strength of character and determination to survive, against all the odds is amazing. Having read that some people left such horrible reviews and comments, simply due to Rebecca's grammatical mistakes, makes me wonder if the reviewers wanted to heap even more negativity on someone who lived her life being told she was worthless.
If you want literary perfection , then a real life story of unthinkable abuse is hardly the way to go.
Well Done Rebecca Marie.. you're a true inspiration.
on 13 April 2015
Rebecca Mendez' story is chilling. It highlights the failings of the system to protect vulnerable children in 1960s California. She is an inspirational woman who survived years of horrific mental and physical abuse with the help of little more than a unique imagination and tremendous inner strength.
on 5 April 2013
What a truly inspirational woman Rebecca is. Her book drew me in from the beginning and I just could not put it down. From a truly unimaginable life as an abused child, through to her abusive marriage, it's a miracle that this woman has survived after being took to the brink of what seemed to be insanity. Even if you are not interested in true stories, I would say this is still a "must read" as Rebecca's life is so far fetched it could be fictional, which unfortunately it is not.
on 7 April 2013
Rebecca gives hope to people and their families that have addictions that even at your lowest point in life things can turn around and can become better. This is a very inspiring book and highly recommended.
on 20 February 2013
A good and emotional read some mothers should suffer I pray they do
Poor little girl to have suffered all her life but was free in the end
on 12 October 2012
Well done Rebbeca on writing this appauling life, what you suffered at the hands off your so called mother was just heartbreaking!!
Book was honest & well written & hope it helps you in your healing journey.
On a poitive note 2 lovely sons & a grandaughter to be pround off!!
Am pleased to hear you have found love in your emotional life, as how you stayed with that controlling, mmonster I do not know.
Think this book will so much help others who are surrounded with violence, contol, & fear, & to get accross there is always a way out, however long you wait!
Well done hope you continue writing, I could not put it down!!
on 16 August 2013
Rebecca has had an awful life, abused by her mother and then by her husband whom she married after he raped her and got her pregnant.
on 7 June 2014
Thought I was sad that it took Rebecca so long to get out of her dreadful circumstances - I
was thrilled to by the fact she managed and she faced her ghosts in writing this story -
an example of how life can be refound and regained, and opens peoples eyes that this does
go on. Her honesty and courage I hope will help many like her and those who help those in
such circumstances.