5.0 out of 5 stars first ever Dyson-worth it!
This is my first ever Dyson having wasted £100's of pounds on others, and, i must say after first few uses i am impressed at the amount it collects- great suction!

Also very easy to attach/detach pieces and tuck away.

Published on 17 Aug. 2010 by sasha

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the carlsberg of vacuum cleaners
I have had a panasonic bagless vacuum cleaner for years and it has been excellent. However the plastic clips on the dust bin had recently become brittle with age and broken, a replacement would have cost over £150, so after using duct tape for a few weeks I finally gave in and bought a dyson DC22, as it was the right size to fit in my cupboard.

I so wanted to...
Published on 10 Dec. 2011 by Moira Wilkinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the carlsberg of vacuum cleaners, 10 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Dyson DC22 Multi Floor Medium-sized Lightweight Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)

I so wanted to be impressed with it but unfortunately I am not. I have waited a few weeks since using it in the hope that I would become happy with it, this hasn't happened, all I can say is that it is adequate.

The head that was supplied with it was cheap looking, clunky and too big to fit under furniture, so I had to lash out another £30 to get the flat head version which is much better and almosts gets right into corners.

I like a few things about it: the ease with which it assembled, without the need for the very good pictorial instructions;the star-wars looking telescopic handle(I thought they had sent me a flame thrower as an accessory)the neat little handle, the fact that it sits on the stairs,you can see when the bin is full, as promised it doesn't lose suction; it is lightweight. I do like the cervice tool's extension brush.

Unfortunately these are far outweighed by what I don't like: the main gripe is that it doesn't grab the carpets with meg-suction like my old one used to; the bin is fiddly to empty, the debris gets stuck up the sides of the cyclone and you have to poke around with your fingers (or a wooden spoon handle is handy as slightly longer!)to get it out; the attachment holder, when attached to the 'wand' catches on furniture and the nozzles get knocked off(just stick the attachments in the back pocket of your jeans); the telescopic wand has collapsed a couple of times when I have caught the locking button on furniture. The flexible hose does not have a short rigid extension so you can just disconnect it from the main handle and use it quickly in corners without having to mess around with accessories.

I know I am picky, but my husband disliked it so much he refuses to use it! so that is a big problem.

So basically, I have spent over £200 on something that I am not too thrilled with, with hindsight a replacement bin for my old cleaner would have been a wiser choice and cheaper. Mr Dyson I am sorry, I don't like your vacuum cleaner, definitely not the carlsberg of the vacuum world.

2.0 out of 5 stars try before you buy, 26 Jan. 2011
I bought this model after the similar model Dyson I'd had for over 10 years, and which I loved, finally died. This one has good suction, and packs away small but it's a pig to empty, and for this reason alone I've given it such a low score. The debris doesn't just fall out of the bottom, you have to hold the bottom section open and pull out fibres etc by hand. This results in you and the dust holder getting covered in dirt, and clouds of dust being released into the air. I suggest you find somewhere you can try it out before buying - I wish I had, cos I would have gone for a different model

5.0 out of 5 stars first ever Dyson-worth it!, 17 Aug. 2010

Also very easy to attach/detach pieces and tuck away.

Its not too heavy either but if only they were made using the 'ball' technology for easier maneouvering as it tends to get stuck around sofa's?!?

I have had the same issue of having to 'pull out' the dirt but I do hope it corrects itself in time!! Overall money well spent!

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless for allergy sufferers ...oh yes...and carpets!, 30 Aug. 2011
S. M. Conway (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Frankly anyone who actually suffers from a dust mite allergy should not buy a bagless vacuum cleaner - which excludes any Dyson machine as the bagless design is their calling card. Allergy sufferers definitely need bag vacuum cleaners in order to contain the dust on disposal. I bought this vacuum because my daughter has a dust mite allergy and the DC22 has two filters as well as a cylinder for filtering out dust mite droppings - and it does do a terrific job however, when it comes to emptying the cylinder, a dust mite allergy sufferer doesn't stand a chance! Dust goes everywhere and the cylinder does not discharge the more solid dirt easily - sometimes requiring some poking and prodding and pulling out with fingers. Luckily this is ok for me because I don't have an allergy. My daughter however is just about to go to University and will need her own allergy vacuum cleaner - trust me, I will not be buying her this one!

Another important point is that when I first bought this vacuum, I had a hard laminate floor and its ability to clean this was faultless. Since then however, we have moved to rented property where there is a carpet and its cleaning ability is flawed to say the least. I don't know why this is called a `multi floor' vacuum; there is not even an adjustment on the head to adapt it from smooth floor to carpeted let alone a turbo head. There is a turbo head available which you can buy separately (but is expensive). The biggest problem we found with this vacuum on carpet is that it does not suck up human hair at all. It just rolls it up into tight little balls, which we found ourselves pushing around the floor and in the end, having to hand-feed into the hose.

Manoeuvrability too is very poor - unlike most other cylinder vacuums, the hose comes out of the side of the body of the machine instead of the central front making it drag along at an angle. It won't move round with me as I turn and quite often topples over. I am forever having to go up to it to unhook it from doorways and furniture (a very badly behaved vacuum cleaner indeed).

It's fine if you are the parent (or relative) of a dust mite allergy sufferer and good for hard floors (like the one we used to have) but this must only capture a small population of vacuum cleaner users.

Good points about this machine is that it folds away neatly (but probably takes up no less space than any other cylinder vacuum cleaner) and filtration and suction are good even when fairly full but you have to ask yourself - is this useful if there is no clean way to empty it? For me these are not good enough reasons to justify buying this particular vacuum cleaner over others.

We are now looking at the Miele S5261 for my daughter to use independently.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC22 Stowaway, 17 Jun. 2010
K. Ellis "Happy cleaner" (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
I love this little hoover. I had a Dyson for about 10 years which broke down. I was skint so bought a hoover for £50 which was great until about the 3rd time I used it. After weeks of frustration I decided to buy another Dyson. I bought this because of the 'wood and wool' description and it is absoultely fantastic! The power is 2nd to none and it's very cute. I really enjoy using it and it makes quick work of my hoovering. With the cheap hoover I was spending time going back and forth over the same piece of dirt and sometime had to pick it up to literally shove it up the tube! My new Dyson does it all first time. It stores away easily as it wraps up really small and tidy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC 22, 24 Jan. 2012
I dont usually leave feed-backs but with having this product for 9 months now. I would say it is not up to satisfaction - the buttons don't line up and when you want to empty it - it becomes a fight with the holder. do good if some one wants it for a small place (usually elderly people) as they will struggle, I hurt my fingers every time I empty it and then have to pull the dirt out with my hands which defeats the object of a hoover. so don't buy it - also the tube keeps getting in the way when you want the hoover to turn, having had 2 previous upright dyson. I would really advise you to stay away from this model. Dyson need to give us a better product for the price they are asking forDyson DC22 Multi Floor Medium-sized Lightweight Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC22 Multi Floor Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 31 Jan. 2011
I am delighted with this product and would certainly recommend it to anyone wanting a small lightweight but very efficient cleaner. It is well constructed, very efficient, easy to empty and being small requires very little storage space. Amazon packing ensures it is received in pristine condition and the delivery service is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson Lightweight Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, 18 Jan. 2011
The best of the bunch for it's size. Great suction and lightweight enough to carry upstairs easily. However, I prefer the flat head attachment for the best performance which has to be bought seperately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson DC22 Multi floor vacuum cleaner, 6 Mar. 2011
Certainly lives up to its reputation. Had the Dyson big upright before but have moved to France where we have tiled floors with rugs so upright too heavy and inconvenient. So far very impressed, once I got used to emptying it more often than previous cleaner needed. Haven't mastered winding up tube and clicking in wand for storage yet but no doubt will with time. Excellent purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Multi floor? Nope, just for hard floors!, 1 May 2012
I had an old Dyson and it died so naturally I thought of buying another one. This was expensive and I had hoped it would perform as well if not better than my old Dyson. How wrong can you be?

DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU HAVE CARPET. It's useless on carpet and does not suck any fluff (like the annoying black sock fluff that seems to grow on bedroom carpets) or any hair. Like another reviewer said, it just ignores the fluuf and roll sthe hair into little annoying balls without EVER making it disappear.

It needs emptying often and you really have to work on it , I use wooden chopsticks to get the gunk out.

My advice: unless you have hard floors everywhere, save money and buy something else.