5.0 out of 5 stars Genius
Genius Of Design is one of those hidden gems. Even if you're not particularly interested in design, the history behind many everyday things is fascinating. Tupperware, the iconic school road sign, kitchen designs...and a whole load of mad creations and even madder designers
Published on 9 Jun 2010 by J. D. White

2.0 out of 5 stars Not The Full Broadcast Versions
Published on 8 Sep 2012 by John Phillips

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 9 Jun 2010
J. D. White "Jdawg" (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 6 July 2010
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I saw two episodes from this series when it was broadcast on BBC Two and have just watched the whole series right through on DVD. What a great series. Particularly interesting was the episode dealing with how design influenced the war although it is also fascinating to get an insight into the design history of the everyday items around us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Sep 2010
S. Ingoldby - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Informative, fun, and raises some good points. I'm a design student and this series is a godsend. The series spans from the victorian era to present day and describes how design was used during the second world war and how we're inventing new things and looking slightly in to the future. The only gripe I had is that I wanted the series to be slightly longer and in places a bit more in-depth, but that could just be me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Show and tell: this is how it was... and remains, 27 Aug 2010
Mikael Magnusson "script hawk" (Spanish mountain village) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This is a great series. I saw it first on television and knew I needed it at home for further study.

If you are into design, be it buildings, interiors, decoration, or graphics; or if you like to know how household articles get inspired by emerging technologies and then get de-cluttered and simplified, then this is the set for you.

There is so much detail that right from the start I was glad I had it in a format I can review, again and again. The narrative and interviews are illuminating, the photography and editing great, and the music, well, balanced.

Do I recommend it? Un-reservedly yes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Design Heaven, 5 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
The Genius of Design a two disk, 5 episode series that shows how and why design is such a compelling and fascinating field. If you have any interest in design this is no brainer purchase. There is no easier decision you could make than to get your hands on this DVD! ! !

5.0 out of 5 stars The Genius of The Genius of Design, 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I loved this series of Documentaries. I had first managed to catch one of the episodes when it was on the TV and then had to see the rest! It takes you right through the history of design in the most practical terms possible and explains how society and culture influences design and vice versa. So good that I then had to buy The Genius of Photography. Also amazing. I learnt so much from it as did my boyfriend, a cinematographer, who was convinced he already knew it all...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not The Full Broadcast Versions, 8 Sep 2012
John Phillips (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Note: this is not the full ~59 min per episode broadcast version but the usual ten minute short Acorn media version. If you haven't seen the full version you probably won't notice it but I found it grating. Originally the Amazon details page showed 300 minutes, now corrected to 243 minutes, so I thought these were the full versions. But as the difference grates and I already have a recording off the TV, I just like to support quality programmes but not Acorn Media's habit of cutting off ten minutes, I returned them.

The one good thing out of this is Amazing-tv-dvds, who were as good as you expect an Amazon Marketplace seller to be, reimbursed me without question once I had explained the problem and as soon as I informed them they were in the post back to them. At least that is one company I will happily use in future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, 12 July 2013
C. Durham (NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Shows the history behind the design, not just the commercial side of side, and introduces objects that may not have a wow factor but have changed the way we live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Shipping!, 1 Jan 2013
LEE JONG HYUK (TAEGU, South Korea) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
The item was arrived so fast. This is great program. I would recommanded this program to any one who likes documentaries. I finished in one day. Thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars good product inadequately packaged, 28 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
this is a good product but for anew DVD to be given as a gift, I was concerned that there was no factory wrapping around the case. This gave the impression that it was secondhand. Not a good look for a gift.

The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010]
The Genius of Design [DVD] [2010] by Denis Lawson (DVD - 2010)