5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for general use
Published 24 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be a really good monocular
The device itself is OK. I wanted X6 magnification to avoid hand-shake problems in viewing, and this fits the bill even though the primary lens is a tad small. The difficulty I found was, that the rubber end-caps are not secured in any way and can be easily lost, that, and the containing purse appears cheaply made. For this price I expected a better finish.
Published 14 months ago by J.W.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for general use, 25 April 2013
This is light enough (56g) and small enough (76x30mm) to be carried anywhere, on ultralightweight long-distance hikes, holiday travel with carry-on luggage only, or slipped in a pocket for everyday walks and visits. It works well when looking for a route in the hills or a stile on the far side of a field, for studying paintings that some galleries hang high up on their walls, for birds on bird feeders, at concerts and shows. It's certainly much better than the plastic opera glasses sometimes provided. And because it can focus down to less than 25cm it will even magnify items in exhibition show-cases. For this I find it easiest to twist the focus to its closest postition and then adjust the distance I hold it from the object, resting on my elbows to keep it steady.

You will notice that I normally only use it on stationary objects, because with a narrow field of view it can take a moment or two to line it up with what you want to look at. So it won't really work on birds in flight or footballers in action, but it's good for watching batsmen. The small diameter means it doesn't take in a lot of light and so it won't work properly at dusk or in poorly lit buildings. And 6x magnification is adequate rather than spectacular. But to overcome these limitations you will need something much larger and heavier. Within its capabilities it is good quality, clear, easy to focus and to hold steady, and because I take it with me everywhere I constantly find it useful. Specialists will want to look elsewhere, but for general use I find this ideal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Viking 8x20 Ultra Compact CF Monocular (Electronics)
My son has tunnel vision, he can use to read close up. A joy for him to own, he can now read tiny print without asking for help. A boost for his confidence and some independance he so much needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 20 Oct. 2013
J. Cullen (Haddington, East Lothian United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Viking 8x20 Ultra Compact CF Monocular (Electronics)
Delivered on time, complete and with no damage. The quality is far better than I expected for the price, and does what it says it can do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be a really good monocular, 29 Jan. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Purpose, 30 April 2014
I selected this product as I am short-sighted and require assistance watching TV from a comfortable distance. This product is great for that purpose, allowing a clear picture encompassing the majority of the screen. Highly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 1 Aug. 2014
I so wanted to like this monocular, but I didn't. Perhaps it was too small, or perhaps the image just didn't seem crisp. Whatever, I returned it for a refund and I bought a helios 8x25 which, imo, is far superior.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully engineerded, precision work, 26 Dec. 2013
Amazon Customer (Shoreham By Sea, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Viking 8x20 Ultra Compact CF Monocular (Electronics)
It starts off very compact, such that it can be concealed in your had and extends out almost twice as long.

I'll need to wriet further comment when I'va used it a lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 8 Jan. 2014
Ga Bronsdon - See all my reviews
This review is from: Viking 8x20 Ultra Compact CF Monocular (Electronics)
bought as a pressie for my hubby and he loves it. easy to carry but simple to use with an excellent zoom - well worth the price paid

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a fantastic piece of kit, 23 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Viking 8x20 Ultra Compact CF Monocular (Electronics)
I researched these before I bought one. I needed a small monocular with a wide field of view. This is a fantastic piece of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good clear magnification, 22 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Viking 8x20 Ultra Compact CF Monocular (Electronics)
Robust and well made. Good clear magnification. Very stiff to focus, but probably will ease in time.

Viking 8x20 Ultra Compact CF Monocular