1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Slim little machine can do quite a lot..., 6 April 2011
Dr. R. James "Headabove" (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fujifilm FinePix Z700EXR Digital Camera - Black (12MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.5 inch Touch Screen (Electronics)
I just wanted a slim, compact camera that I could keep in my backpack and use for work. I have always been very impressed with Fuji - they are such reliable little marvels, though there are better optics around it has to be said. The earlier Z3 was good, had some minor design flaws, but still very good. This one is a little plasticky, but there have been improvements (example - the need to open the lens to view was a bit silly) one now presses a view button, and the screen springs into life.

The device is very slim, and so pocketable. Nice. The lens is protected by the case. Nice. The camera works reasonably quickly, the display is large and very clear. I like the way it senses macro mode is needed, and adjusts accordingly. The pictures are reasonable, but lets face it, this is more of a convenient snapping machine that fits with ease into a shirt pocket.

Video is entertaining, but highlights do seem to cause problems, unfortunately. I won't be packing my Nikon D90 away, but this little marvel does fill a gap. I would take it away on holiday if i was travelling light, but for serious pictures, well the reflex would come into its own.

If you wanted to buy someone a simple snapper, you could do far worse than this little machine. Personally I love it.