5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read this sooner
Published on 15 Nov 2010 by Niki Collins-queen, Author

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice book
Good book for persons who are already awakened and still have a few problems integrating this Divine event in their daily live.
Published 22 months ago by rob verdonck

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I'd read this sooner, 15 Nov 2010
Niki Collins-queen, Author "author" (Forsyth, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Adyashanti helped me better understand why the life-changing effects of a spiritual awakening in my early 30s eroded over time. He calls it the I got it/ I lost it phenomenon. Had "The End of Your World" been available years earlier I may have avoided many of the pit-falls that un-enlightened me. The trap of meaninglessness, how the ego can "co-opt" realization for it own purposes, becoming drunk on "emptiness" and the illusion of superiority.
Because I've experienced increased energy and memory lapses it's reassuring to learn that physical and energetic phenomena often accompany awakening. Adyashanti says it's common to experience a new influx of energy as the egoic structure dissolves and to have memory lapses as our consciousness releases the mind. I, fortunately, did not experience the other symptoms of insomnia, heart palpitations and body movements. He says these normal transformational energies "re-wire" the mind and lead to a clearer and deeper perception of reality.
Adyashanti says real awakening happens when the seeker and the seeking has dissolved. When we're no longer fueled by "what do I want" and "what don't I want." The hallmark of a true awakening is the end of seeking. There's no longer a need to seek love, approval, success, money or even enlightenment. We realize the entire structure of a personal worldview and a personal self is nothing but a dream in universal mind. True enlightenment is the experience of Spirit completely unhindered, uncorrupted by illusion, conditioning or contradiction.
Adyashanti says, "Full awakening comes when you sincerely look at yourself, deeper than you've ever imagined, and question everything...Enlightenment has nothing to do with what you add unto yourself or whether you're more or less happy. Enlightenment is, in the best sense of things, a destructive process: it's the crumbling away of untruth." It's asking, "What do I know for certain?" and being open and sincere about what we find.
"The End of Your World" is an in-depth guide to spiritual awakening. With great clarity, wisdom and insight Adyashanti gives straight talk on the journey to Enlightenment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight talking - pulls no punches, 16 Dec 2010
Loved his first book but this is a unique insight as you advance along the "no path" towards the truth. It answers lots of questions that occur - in a straightforward manner without letting you off the hook in a search for the truth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for your Next Steps?, 21 Feb 2011
After Reading, adopting and practising All of Eckhart Tolle's messages (A new earth and the Power of Now), this book is the second step for myself. Here is why? After attempting to live "my" best life in this human incarnation within the best expression of my self, I found my self, not knowing what to do, where to go in the context of having something to do.

So I was getting depressed and feeling hopeless as I was aware that I cannot be part of man-made structure yet I am human and gracing planet earth now. Since I do not have any inclination to drop everything and go join an ashram or meditate up the mountains on my own (never been a fan of NOT wanting to be part of this human system), I was truly feeling lost in silence.

This book has brought me back to some clarity which is this: Even this sadness of not knowing where to go, what to do, what is my purpose is everything but being awake. I was shocked to the core that I burst out laughing at the intelligence of the Ego that still managed to make my awareness of 'What is' as part of the person who is lost now identity. What a magnificent thing this EGO is.

I now understand what (or I think I do, not sure here!) it means to be part of the One and truly operating from the non-self.... I think I am beginning to grasp what it means to surrender and most of all I am beginning to be grateful to be here alive and writing this as I feel All is as it should be.

The major thing I learnt what it is to be part of the human race, what it means to squeeze out karmic egoic stuff out of our system as opposed to saying this is life, this is my journey and still being part of the EGOic structure. I also realised actually the EGO in itself is nothing wrong with it, its only a challenge when we do not know when we are operating from it....

I recommend this book to anyone to read but especially recommended to anyone that has been operating by these identities: A spiritual seeker, A spiritual person, A teacher, I am at the service of others, I am here to help others, I am depressed, still praying to god+universe to help you, to assist you (asking when in prayer as opposed to just being in silence.

Thank you Eckhart Tolle, Oprah Winfrey and Adyashanti.

Life is truly as it is... Wishing you all only silence in your journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Embodying Enlightenment, 2 Dec 2011
I have listened to and read a great many spiritual teachers. A very few living teachers stand out as Great Vessels: Eckhart Tolle, Byron Katie, Ramesh Balsekar and Adyashanti are four who come to mind immediately.

This series, which I am listening to for the second time, is the best thing I've heard in five years. Without being coy with the wording, let me say that if you've had an awakening experience you owe it to yourself to listen to this series. It's so beautifully informative and helpful. I am blown away by the depth of Adyashanti's enlightenment, by his integrity and by his clarity as a teacher. He is a wonder and a gift.

Adya, I am deeply grateful. Thank you so much.

Fred Davis
Awakening Clarity

5.0 out of 5 stars To be read many times, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: The End of Your World: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment (Kindle Edition)
Having spent many years being rather skeptical about what I saw as a spiritual 'emperors clothes' around the idea of enlightenment or awakening, my view was completely changed by Adyashanti. I found in him someone who spoke such sense and with such simplicity that he was reassuringly believable. His words reach a place beyond the mind. This is a book that I read again and again. Every time I find something new in what he says. I am touched in a different way. I have it on my Kindle so that it is always available to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable, 18 May 2009
This book is simply a MUST for anyone who is advancing on the spiritual path.

I wish I had had this book years ago! It explains so much! But as Adyashanti says, every now moment that occurs is the one that's meant to be...

He addresses the issues that come up post awakening, but also says (and I agree) that this book is relevant for anyone who is maturing on the spiritual path.

This book is not for beginners. But if you are in the intermediate/advanced intermediate stages and you have certain burning questions, this book will go some way to answering them (quite a long way, in fact).

Buy this book, if you're one of these people. It's a must.

5.0 out of 5 stars A major spiritual work, 30 Oct 2013
This is a major work with deep insight explained incredibly simply. I was very sceptical about the author and it's contents before reading this book. Lengthy reviews are unnecessary. If you are on a spiritual journey, whether you have direction or are lost, here is clarity about the changes that are taking place, and what will happen and how to understand the experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars he's a good guy, 29 Oct 2013
Adyashanti always has some good advice and you can tell he's the real deal the way he is able to answer difficult questions, from the top of his head, and he never repeats himself in his talks. Also, his video talks are different from his written words and so this suggests to me that he hasn't got a good memory for what he has written. He speaks from the heart.

Therefore, Adyashanti is a fresh and humble teacher and I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clear and simple, 28 Oct 2011
When a friend suggested I read this I inwardly groaned "not yet another book on awakening" and after starting to read it my complaint quickly fell away. This has been the most helpful, clear and profoundly wise discussion I have come across on this subject. Adyashanti does not go into nice concepts and sweet sounding spiritual journeying. Rather, the writing in this book comes from true experience, grounded practice and high level clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Questions about awakening?, 12 May 2011
This book is so clear and insightful, it's great if awakening is of interest for you or if you had some kind of experience of that sort. I started to read it again after I finished it, because I love the honesty, truth and love that speaks through it. You will definitely find what the title promises: Uncensored Straight Talk on the Nature of Enlightenment!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›