4.0 out of 5 stars Super little speaker
This item was delivered very quickly and is exactly what i wanted - to take on a girly holiday to play music in the room.
Goes surprisingly loud with really good sound and tone. Love that it comes with jack to jack lead, really useful.
For the price it is amazing, and that it takes batteries AND can charge your iphone too. Very happy!
Published on 10 July 2010 by Sophie

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound system
Published on 23 Sep 2010 by T Hatton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound system, 23 Sep 2010
This review is from: Purple Music Angel Tube Speaker Dock for iPhone & iPod (Electronics)
I really like listening to my music when getting ready in the morning or doing general housework at the weekend. For that reason I decided to look into purchasing a docking station. There were quite a few to choose from so took a while choosing. When I finally decided on this one I thought great, great price, great colour and hopefully great sound. When it arrived it was actually smaller than I thought it would be but I decided to give it the benefit of doubt and try it out. I knew I had to use my own iPhone plug to actually use it, but the seller had already told me that in their profile, which wasn't a problem because I did have one luckily enough.

Once I had plugged it all in I set about using it. This was where I found a problem. To my disappointment I had to take my iPhone protector case off the back of my iPhone, because with it on, it didn't sit in the dock properly. Anyways I decided to carry on with it and set about putting my music on. This worked well and the sound was very good, not too tinny but pleasant. Its quite a sweet contraption and I can place it anywhere in the home because it has a plastic ledge underneath so that it doesn't roll over. Overall I do like this product but I would make a few changes to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super little speaker, 10 July 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price., 1 Sep 2010
My Mum bought me this to go with my 4th generation purple ipod nano. The sound quality is excellent for such a cheap item. Yes it is a little bit "tinny" but I have heard far worse on stereos that cos 10 times as much.

The blurb on this item says it is compatible with all generations of ipod, iphone etc, but on the instructions that came with the product, it only states that it is compatible with the 1st and 2nd generation ipod nano and video. It also says that when plugged into an A/C power adaptor it charges your ipod, it hasn't charged mine once. I haven't had it playing using the batteries so I don't know how long it will play for.

Overall I am happy with the product. Good quality for the price. Perfect for travelling, very small and compact. Just one more thing, the colour in this photo is completely wrong. It looks lilac on the photo, but it is the same purple as my 4th Generation ipod nano. Just in case the colour put you off!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work!, 3 Feb 2013
Thought this was good value for money as only wanted a small docking station for my iPod nano to take on holiday. Nice compact size but as soon as I put my iPod on it, it completely drained the battery. I charged my iPod up again but now the speakers don't work at all. And it has brand new batteries in it. Need to send it back.

3.0 out of 5 stars needs a 9v, 1000mA charger, then buzzes as you charge!, 10 Sep 2011
Sounds good to me. But I really wanted this as a charger and occassional speaker. Turns out that you can't use your normal usb charger plug because you need 9V and 1000mA! I've just ordered one of these from Amazon as well, but a bit annoying to find out afterwards. To be fair I was offered the chance to return, but can't be bothered with the paperwork and loss of postage etc.

I bought a new charger... but the speaker buzzes when charging! So, probably best to use as a speaker with the standard ipod/iphone charger to avoid the buzz ... and charge separately. Alas not, what I wanted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good product!, 1 Sep 2011
I was away on holiday when it was sent and I was very happy to find it where I had told the seller to make sure it was left. The product is in great condition and was very easy to use. The speakers are surprising good for something so small. Great product and I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars ispeaker portable, 10 Aug 2011
J. L. P. Herbert "gappygap2" (Plymouth) - See all my reviews
Great device, small enough to pack for holiday and great sound for such a small speaker. Can give it 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable speaker dock., 9 Jun 2011
Mr. D. Patten "Thesilversurfer" (London England) - See all my reviews
I bought this portable speaker dock for my granddaughter who absolutely loves it as it really is portable and compact she slips it into her overnight bag when she stays with friends so they can all hear the music the sound is great for the size
You will need to use your own iphone lead as one isn't provided or use re-chargable batteries this is a great little dock for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct 2014
Great value for money would recommend