5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best pregnancy yoga DVD
- Like some other reviewer said, it may not be for total beginners, but with a little practice you do get used to doing it
- I like that it's only 30 mins (unlike Tara Lee's 70 min full practice)
- It's exercise-, not breathing/meditation-oriented (sometimes you don't have the time to do 20 mins of breathing while sitting cross-legged on the floor)
- Shot...
Published on 2 Feb. 2012 by VickyGr

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work for newbies!
I got this when my midwife suggested doing yoga to help with my hips and back.. Wow! is this hard work if you've never done anything like this before! Instead of little segments to choose from it's one long one and its hard work on your muscles if your not used to it.
Published on 6 April 2013 by sami

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best pregnancy yoga DVD, 2 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
- I like that it's only 30 mins (unlike Tara Lee's 70 min full practice)
- Shot in an amazingly beautiful location
- Top quality sound and production
- Contains both pre- and post-natal workouts (haven't done the post-natal yet)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard work for newbies!, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
It is worth it in the long run for the fitness but be warned the first few are killers- specially if you start at 24 weeks pregnant like I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Post-natal strength restored, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD after I had my baby, so I can only comment on the Postnatal session.
I am a yoga novice, and found this really tough at first. I started 3 months after birth, and was wobbling around all over the place, while twisting my head to view the DVD as I didn't have a clue what all the positions were.
But I've been doing it for 2 months now, about once a week, and I really love it as I'm familiar with the moves and session so can really get a lot out of it. And it has made such a difference to my core strength and flexibility. Even as a yoga novice, I think the combinations of the descriptions and the video are good enough for me to understand how to do the moves (although I might be doing them completely wrong, but at least what I am doing feels like it's doing me some good).
Had that amazing experience this week where I could touch the floor without bending my knees, after many months of not being able. Such a good feeling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Prenatal great, postnatal crap., 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
The prenatal section is excellent, it really helped ease the strain of pregnancy on my body by stretching me into a variety of positions. I did it nearly everyday and felt great, so calm and relaxed. It helps that the instructor is also pregnant so you feel a connection with her that she is aching and feeling heavy too.

The post natal section, I hate! I had a baby 6 weeks ago, I have saggy skin and am tired, I don't need this skinny, bendy, smug woman getting me into some quite difficult shapes this early on. I've done yoga before and am used to the range of poses that she uses, but after just having a baby, these are hard. All in all, this section is rubbish. It just reminded me that my body needs lots of work to return to how it was before - I'd expect to do this level of yoga in about 3 months time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a quick daily exercise, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
The prenatal section isn't too long or in fact too short and it's perfect for people who are not particularly experienced in yoga. I like to do it first thing in the morninrg so hope I will really feel the benefits once I'm on maternity leave when I can do it on a daily basis. It's really relaxing yet I still feel like I've stretched and toned my muscles by the end of it.

I obviously haven't had the baby yet so I haven't tried out the postnatal bit yet but it's really good that they have two available on one DVD.

Really good value for money and well worth the buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for beginners, 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
For the prenatal part: I wouldn't recommend this dvd if you haven't practiced yoga before or if you haven't practiced for a while, like me. Additionaly I think that poses should be more clearly modified according to trimesters. In some poses I felt very uncomfortable with my third trimester bump, even though I've practiced yoga on and off for quite some time previously. Other than that, I think it is quick and efficient, and it is a great exercise especially if you don't have a lot of time to spend. I couldn't possibly comment on the postnatal part yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pregnancy yoga DVD, 11 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
A great 30 min programme which is challenging and well instructed. Lovely pregnancy massage segment follows yoga class. Shot in lovely outdoor surrounds. Good way to feel relaxed and stretched and challenged during pregnancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is excellent. I have been doing the workout regularly (3-5 times per week) since week 19 of my pregnancy. It's very good for stretching out those tired, aching muscles and unlike other very gentle pre-natal workouts, you do actually feel like you're doing some exercise!

It's helpful to have some previous yoga knowledge but the commentary is very self explanatory and easy to grasp after a couple of sessions. There are a couple of quite strenuous poses but you can always skip them if they are a little too exertive. It's also a really nice length - only 30 minutes.

I have not yet tried the pre-natal section but am looking forward to it!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 24 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
I would say for someone who has never done Yoga, this is quite a difficult DVD to start with, the sequences are very long, and quite difficult for a first timer. Would be better if the sequences were shorter, or you could select which ones you wanted to do, there is only the prenatal yoga option and then the post natal option, so not the best for me, but I will keep persevering. I think it will suit me better once ive had baby, bit difficult for me during pregnancy with what is on the DVD. But good value at £5

4.0 out of 5 stars :) Calming, 21 April 2011
This review is from: Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] (DVD)
This is the first yoga dvd I purchased and I'm happy with it, its very calming and relaxing. The lady who guides you through the sequences is very calm and her voice makes you feel relaxed and in tune with the session.
One point I feel I have to make is that I don't think this is a dvd for novices to jump into, some yoga experience is needed with this dvd.

Overall it is lovely and I shall be using it in the future.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD]
Element: Prenatal And Postnatal Yoga [DVD] by Andrea Ambandos (DVD - 2010)