4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic
I ordered the smaller fitting ear plugs after reading reviews on the normal fitting and deciding this was the product I wanted. They are fairly comfortable but take a bit of getting used to, but are fantastic. They don't muffle sound, its as if the sound has just been turned down from 100 to 75.
I have ME and have noise sensitivity. I also like going to see live...
Published on 19 Jun 2010 by DebNwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough for drumming
These are absolutely great for all music circumstances... gigging, clubbing etc but NOT ENOUGH for drumming. I have been using them during drum rehearsals with my band and thought that they were the business because they reduce the volume but you still hear vocals and other instruments.

Sadly however, I have found that after a couple of particularly loud...
Published 16 months ago by Mr. Aj Des Forges

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Jun 2010
DebNwood (Norwich, Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
I have ME and have noise sensitivity. I also like going to see live bands so these are ideal. They come in a nice little case that can be attached to keys or just kept in a handbag/pocket and are very discreet. They are clear so you have to really look to notice you are wearing them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased!! Good fit & good sound!!, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
I ordered these ear plugs and the standard size as I was unsure which would fit better. As a lady with a relatively small head I definitely found these to be more comfortable and a better fit to the standard size.

I wore them to see Iron Maiden at the O2 in London, twice, so they were throughly sound tested. I've always worn earplugs to gigs as quite frankly I want to preserve my hearing. I bought these earplugs as a replacement for basic sponge earplugs and with these I found the sound far more enhanced. The sound overall was just quieter than without earplugs,there was very clear definition, all the sound was audible, vocals and all, no underwater feeling and best of all, when I took them out after the shows, no ringing or reverberation at all.

Definitely a step up from spongey ones, even when I was singing along they didn't move or budge or leak sound in. They do stick out from the ears a little bit so maybe not the best if you're in the moshpit but as I'm ususally in the seats, (I'm short too and I like to see), it's not a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars smaller fitting earplugs, 4 Jan 2012
Miss T. Stevens (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
These are great little ear plugs. I have tinnitus which I think in part is due to too many loud gigs so I'm very keen to protect my hearing from now on.

Unlike the spongy types you use for sleeping these plugs fit deep inside your ears, which does feel a little weird at first but you soon get used to them and forget they're there. Meanwhile you can hear the gig perfectly and - as a bonus - anyone speaking to you nearby too without them having to shout!

Just make sure you don't remove them until you are well outside the venue as the sound of hundreds of people simply talking to each other in a concert hall is very loud and painful to your ears after having them protected for so long!

the little pouch is very handy too and is attached to my key ring so I never forget them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not enough for drumming, 21 May 2013
Mr. Aj Des Forges (Bristol, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)

Sadly however, I have found that after a couple of particularly loud practices, I have come away with tinnitus and muffled hearing. This has lead me to suffer greatly from insomnia from the ringing I hear at night time.

I would go as far as to say it has somewhat damaged my life.

These should come with a warning "NOT SUITABLE FOR DRUMMING" ( unless you're a gentle jazz drummer maybe...)

5.0 out of 5 stars A sensible clubber's dream product!, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
I often visit nightclubs, which are notorious for playing music at dangerously loud volume, and have been using these earplugs for the last few years to protect my hearing. I can confidently say that they are extremely effective!

Those punishing high frequencies are brought down to a much more tolerable level and the rest of the spectrum is suitably attenuated to allow listening pleasure whilst reducing the amount of permanent damage your ears suffer.

This smaller size fits me perfectly - I tried the the larger ones but they were a very tight fit and caused me pain. My ear canals are different sizes but there is no problem with the fit on either side.

A lot of people do the sensible thing and wear earplugs in clubs these days - there's less of a stigma attached to it than there used to be - so I would strongly recommend this product to anyone who's concerned that their passion for loud music is causing long-term damage to their hearing.

5.0 out of 5 stars the sound of silence, 15 Feb 2012
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
my husband has the larger earplugs,he suggested to me that I should use these when in the "spinning classes", as they cut out the instructors music to a non hurtful volume. I now have to agree with him and accept his smug "I told you so look". Yes these are excellent, comfortable and the smaller ones are a good fit for my ears.No more ringing in the ear for hours after the class.I should have bought these a long time ago.The music is at a level to still be heard and also the instructions are clearly audible. A very good item.

5.0 out of 5 stars safe lugs, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
these ear protectors are great value for money..comfortable in use and effective. Their design allows them fit snugly yet can be easily removed when necessary..the retaining cord is also a benefit..

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective protection, 28 Aug 2011
Antbridge (Grays, Essex, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
I carry these earplugs in my gym bag and use them in exercise classes when the music is too loud. They are effective and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug Hearing Protection for Smaller Ears, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
I sing in an alternative rock band with four guys. They really like to turn up the volume and the drums, especially, can leave a pounding in my head. When in hmv, I bought a pair of similar design ear plugs for a £1. They were in a bargain bucket so I thought 'what the hell?' and purchased them on a whim. Although doing what they said on the packet, the were too big for my ears and were never really comfortable enough to wear for longer periods of time than about fifteen minutes.

These, however, are much more comfortable and I am able to wear them throughout band practice. They lower the sound from 100% to about 65% and everything is still crystal clear - not muffled at all. I think they are wonderful and I also take them to the pub gigs we do in case the other bands decide to crank things up a little too much. I would strongly recommend these to anyone in a band, or someone who enjoys gigging.

3.0 out of 5 stars great product but puzzling price, 15 Aug 2012
This review is from: Elacin ER-20 Earplugs - smaller fitting (Electronics)
I bought these for my boys who are having drumming lessons, they work really well, but I'm disappointed as the smaller fit are nearly twice the price of the standard size and I can't see any reason for such a difference, that said, they are a great product and protecting my children's hearing is worth the cost!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›