4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite 5 stars
We bought this for our newborn son as a replacement for our other one which gets interference on it. We also wanted one with the sensor pad on it for peace of mind and so I could sleep without fear of SIDS happening.

This product would most definetely get 5 stars if it weren't for a couple of things that can annoy you.

Setup was a little difficult at...
Published on 30 Mar. 2011 by Duane Allmark

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay
Published on 30 April 2013 by misspm

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite 5 stars, 30 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Angelcare AC401 Movement & Sound Monitor Deluxe (Baby Product)

Setup was a little difficult at first but once you get the hang of it it's OK. During initial setup I kept setting off the sensor pad alarm off even though it wasn't plugged in! It took me a little while to figure that out and turn it off using the receiver. Once I realised that I understood what a useful feature it is, and how useful it is to be able to change all of the settings remotely without having to do it at the sender end. I found most of the features on this unit to be useful and an improvement on our old system. It also came with two receivers which meant we could leave one upstairs in our room and one downstairs permanently. However as with everything it's not perfect, I find that when getting up to see to the baby during the night one tends to forget to turn off the sensor pad (or pause it sensing) on the receiver before you get up and wander off to lift the baby out of the cot and tend to them. Once you do that you get a warning sound to signify that the unit can't sense the baby and shortly thereafter all hell breaks loose with the alarm on the sender and receiver end (which is a good thing and what it is designed to do). Just turn off the sender I hear you say but that makes the receiver end bleep to signal it's lost the reception, which wakes up the other half and now the whole house is awake. In short it would be nice to deactivate the sensor pad alarm from the sender unit as well for sleepy headed parents an auto-pilot. Other than that it is still a great buy and would have got the full 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for every parent, 3 May 2012
After a very scary 'near miss' with our little 3 month old (I checked on him when sleeping and he wasn't breathing - thankfully he was revived with CPR) it was recommended that I purchase the Angelcare monitors. What can I say, they are great. They have given me great peace of mind and are very easy to work. I have used them with the cot and also a travel cot and have had no problems. Wished I had known about them earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Used it for two years - absolutely brilliant, 25 May 2013
We bought an Angel monitor to replaced a video monitor. We realised that the video monitor you can watch when you're awake, and sometimes your baby doesn't move for a while, so we ended up jumping up to check on the little one.
When you're asleep, you can't watch video monitors either. So we bought this Angel monitor, and it did exactly what we wanted.

People comment about the constant gentle beep, but we found this ok after a week or two.

The twin monitors help with having one downstairs and the other upstairs; adding to the convenience.

There was one instance where our little one moved off towards the end of the bed and the sensor went off. It's such a great monitor, which picks up if the little one stops moving or breathing. With the added security of a noise monitor as well (if the little one wakes up and cries etc), it was for us, the all round monitor which gave us peace of mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product!!!, 21 Jun. 2013
Fantastic product, we couldn't be without it! It provides such good peace of mind when putting baby to bed. Would recommend every expectant parent to purchase this!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Total piece of mind, 23 Jun. 2013
Purchased these after reading so many great reviews, I can confirm these reviews ate correct! Having these put my mind completely at ease! Without them I don't know how I would have slept! Easy to set up too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 30 April 2013
I chose this monitor as it was on offer and I have not used the sensor pad. It's great to have two parent units as you don't have to carry them around. However, I have few downsides for this product. The main irritant is the very bright display which only really tells the temperature, there is no way to turn the brightness down, it is bright enough to light up the bedroom like a small lamp! There is also no talkback feature, which is really useful with a slightly older child. Overall, I wish I'd chosen a cheaper product to better suit my needs.

I have recently had to replace my monitor as the volume was faulty, amazon were faultless with providing a new replacement.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money for the peace of mind, 10 May 2013
I love this - it's such a great system and it offers that extra peace of mind at night. Before we bought it I was up every 5 minutes checking on baby and although she was fast asleep, I found it difficult to rest. Yes, I'm probably an over cautious first time parent but it has certainly given me that extra assurance and I am now sleeping so much better. It's so good, we bought another one that stays at my parents in the travel cot. Slight downside (hence the 4 stars) is that the rechargable batteries in the parent units aren't the best quality and we're already having to replace them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Movement sensor is a must!, 20 April 2015
Excellent bit of kit. We don't have the baby sleeping in our room but understand why people might. I guess the fear of cot death is what makes people have the baby close at all times. My fear was that, in our room or next door, I wouldn't know if our lovely baby was struggling (not moving) if I was asleep. The movement sensor gives such peace of mind and I have no idea how anyone does it without one. I expected some false alarms along the way. 6 weeks now and its excellent with no false alarms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Tommee Tippee, 19 Sept. 2014
Brilliant - brought to replace my Tommee Tippee one (used for 1st born, sensor pad stopped working properly after 3mths with 2nd born). Would recommend this as opposed to TT (not just because it broke), because you can buy separate bits if things go wrong (TT said I had to buy a whole new set) and most importantly the pad is much more sensitive so no false alarms.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must!, 6 Jun. 2013
This is probably one of our best buys. My son is now 10 weeks old and we have used the monitor and sensor mat since birth. The pad is reassuring and means I am not checking on the baby every 5 seconds and the monitors have a wide range of functions including temperature which is so important for a baby. It's easy to use and set up and well worth the money.

Angelcare AC401 Movement & Sound Monitor Deluxe