Style Name: Hard Case|Change
Price:£103.95+ Free shipping

on 4 January 2016
bought as a present for my husband for carving trees for bonsai. He is over the moon with it, it comes with lots of tools including a flexi shaft and in a hard case.
best price I could find
would highly recommend
on 19 November 2011
The only reason why I don't give it 5 stars is because of the variable quality of some of the products you can get to do various things. I think the main problem is that there is a lot of inconsitency in the labeling of the maximum rpm that every individual tool works at, which is absolutely crucial.

Apart from this, PERFECT!

Now to the good bits, which is all the rest really. I use this tool to clean caburators and it has changed the way I work. Because it doesn't have that much torque it cleand and polishes without removing material of affecting the shape of the orignal cast. There is a nigh on endless supply of accesories but again quality varies so be carefull and above all remember that every tool has its maximum operating RPM.

As an example of how good this is, I recently had a couple of screw heads severing off and leaving the threads inside (nightmare, with this tool I was able to slowly grind away at the bronze material and then was able to preserve the original threads by running a tap (a first for me!) It is THAT good.

I would buy this product listed here the 4000-4/65 because the accesories are just right, you are allways better off buying the specific kit that you need. I would also recomend this one over the 300 because it has a slightly more powerfull motor. I think this one strikes the right balance between power and delicacy. I don't know why I did not have one of these before!
44 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 March 2014
Great product.

Well made (It's not designed to drill holes for putting up shelves, so I'm not going to try and then complain when the motor burns out)
Variable speed and a surprisingly amount of torque
Lots of genuinely useful tools
Sturdy case that feels like it will last
Plenty of available spares and additional bits 'n' tools
MUCH better than my previous unbranded mini drill
on 28 February 2013
I purchased this kit beginning January and have used it quite a few times, mainly for intricate carpentry work, but also for cleaning up some steel and brass objects. I chose this particular kit because it seemed more powerful and suitable for heavy work than the lesser priced kits. I also wanted a good convenient case to keep it all up together and for quick access. I have not used a similar tool before.

I did quite a lot of research before buying but found it frustrating that there wasn't any kit that appeared to have all the tools with it I would need. Buying separately is, of course, more expensive. One thing that should definitely be included is the mini chuck; I bought one separately. The rest of the small tools appear to work well and 65 sounds a lot but I, anyway, could have done with more wire brushes, polishing and routing type tools.

I have found the quality of the 4000 itself to be good and it feels up to the job but, unsurprisingly, I seem to virtually always use it with the flexible drive with the chuck on. The flexible is essential for intricate work. A word of warning, this machine with most of the tools supplied cuts or abrades very fast and I can see it would be possible to ruin a piece of work accidentally before you know you have done it. I tend to practice on a piece of scrap first to get the feel of how each bit/tool is performing.

I am pleased with the product my only reservations being the quality of the case which feels flimsy and not that convenient to use. The tools can be fiddly to fit and some of them break easily. I think more should be included in the kit especially the chuck. Hence the four stars.

Update May 2013:- I have used the tool frequently and had it a few months now so I thought I would review the review. On reading through again I see all I previously said continues to be relevant. The tool performs well but really only for smaller jobs. I have found it a little disappointing for drilling into metals. I did some intricate drilling into aluminium recently for which I had to slow the machine down. It did not perform well stopping with only a 1.5mm drill. The cutting wheels continue to break easily. I find the case poor as an organizer and therefore tend to leave it all out on the bench. (unlike my Mikita drill case which is so useful).

I think the kit is good and useful for smaller jobs but expensive. I never use it without the additional chuck.
on 31 January 2013
I have been needing a rotary tool kit for some time and I went for this one because it has a good lot of power should I need that much. It came with a lot of extras but NO different collets, only one collet, which was no good to me at the time as I needed to drill some tiny holes in silver, so buy a multi collet set or a multi chuck along with it if you are wanting to drill with it, I don't mind it not having that but it would have been nice to know, I thought that was the sort of thing that should be included or made very obvious if it isn't! The other item that was missing that I think is daft is that although it has a flex shaft included there is nothing to hang the Dremel tool onto to use the multi shaft and I again assumed wrongly that there would be, I would rather have less tool bits and have that personally, especially as I found it quite difficult to buy one for a reasonable price, I did manage it in the end, so add another £20 to £30 onto the price for the items mentioned above if you are going to need them. The tool itself works very well and has plenty of power and so far I am pleased with it.
on 24 March 2014
The Dremmel is a very useful,and versatile tool. Personally I have found that I have not been able to do a few minor jobs because I have not been able to gain access with the tool bit. I have found that some tool accessories such as small cutting discs very expensive to buy. Saying that, I am pleased that I purchased the Dremmel.
on 21 December 2015
I use this in intricate wood carving and when extracting information from / making a point with the members of my rival faction. Since upgrading to the 4000, my territory has expanded four-fold.
I recommend picking up the mini chuck to go with it, this is a great bit of kit.
on 9 October 2015
Not very capable of doing a lot of the stuff it is supposed to.

I haven't been able to get it to cut a hole using the hole cutting jig. The cutter just vibrates a lot then snaps. I was trying to cut a hole in 3mm hardboard so not exactly challenging. Also even if It could cut a hole I wouldn't be able to do it with any degree of accuracy. There is no fine adjustment for diameter and the cutter depth adjustment is terrible. Its just a screw pushing into plastic to clamp it in place and after only one use, despite being gentle, there is a gouge in it. And if you adjust the depth, the diameter will change because the fit of the components is so poor. When you clamp the depth adjustment locking screw back up the angle of the cutter will be significantly different and therefore diameter as well. The sole plate (for straight cuts) suffers from the same issues.

The mini garnet cutting disc works well. I got through some stainless sheet with it no problem. The mini stone cutting discs are very brittle and wear down very quickly.

The "speed control" is very basic; no feedback control so if you apply load it slows down, sometimes considerably. It' should really be called power control.

I wish I'd have bought the model without all the useless accessories for nearly half the price: Dremel 4000-1/45 Corded Multitool (175 W), 1 Attachment, 45 Accessories
on 25 March 2013
I bought the Dremel to do a specific job and it worked exactly as I hoped it would, the instructions though are pathetic and it took a few Internet searches to find out how everything works and what each of the tools are for.
on 25 September 2014
Bought for my teenage son. He has had many hours of use out of the kit, both for practical DIY purposes and in creative wood and brick carving. The connections can be a bit fiddly, but once in place are secure. My only complaint is the amount of dust he has created!!! If you are stuck for a Christmas present for a practical person, this is a value for money option.