on 7 February 2013
the lithium iron battery stores power well and the 18v give plenty of power the drill depth guide wasnt that handy for me but might be for some people I would buy one for myself this was for my company office so its used fairly regularly around the place. love these bosch power tools!
on 2 March 2014
very powerful drill which has an excellent battery life. drills through most household materials (wood, brick, masonry etc) and comes with features such as depth guage, built in light and support grip.
on 3 June 2011
Wanted this for general drilling including some hammer drilling. Works well on all sorts of materials and the battery provides enough life for the ordinary man to get any job done. Love that it's lithium as well, means that when i reach for it the battery's as well charged as i left it. Ergonomics are good, feels comfortable and fits the hand well, i'm left handed and no problems compared to some tools i've encountered. reliability, cant say yet but it's bosch and think you'll find that means something in the reliability line.
on 7 November 2012
When first supplied its torque adjuster was too stiff. When it was returned to me its keyless chuck did not hold the drill bit tight - and when it came back a third time that fault had still not been rectified. Both latter times it came back to me with a note saying that nothing had been found to be wrong! Only good point - prompt refund when I requested it when returning drill a third time.
on 10 December 2012
Brought this to replace his broken drill which he'd had for over 10 years, very good item as it's got a li-on battery so doesn't matter how long it's recharging for - can be short or long. The fact it is cordless means you can go just about anywhere with it and don't have to worry about a power supply or a lead being attached. My husband is very pleased with his new drill and I know it will get plenty of use in the house getting all those odd jobs done.
on 30 November 2013
Item as described
Arrived on time
Good packaging
User friendly service
The only improvement I might suggest is maybe a good offer on the tool plus extra battery and also an offer on the tool plus extra battery plus accessories.
VINE VOICEon 25 November 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I gave this drill to my husband (who is a plumber/electrician), so the review that follows is based on his opinion. The drill he normally uses is a Makita, very heavy duty and capable of drilling pretty well anything, BUT considerably more expensive, as you might expect.

He has used this drill for a lot of jobs that don't need the power of his Makita drill, from choice, because this drill is lighter and therefore lot easier to use, particularly in tight spaces. Like the Makita, it has a light which also comes in handy when drilling in dark corners. One other minor plus point over the Makita is that it has a battery indicator that tells you how much charge is left - preventing those annoying situations where your drill packs up halfway through a job! Charging doesn't take long, so he felt the battery indicator to some extent offset the need for the second battery he has for the Makita, particularly if the drill is for home use only. More expensive trade aimed drills usually give you a second battery - but you'll always pay considerably more for a drill with two batteries.

My husband felt this would be a good choice of drill for a competent DIYer, or as a second, more lightweight drill for anyone in a trade. It's fine for lightweight masonry jobs, but wouldn't cope with a blue brick or lots of concrete. But for the price, and the market it appeared to be aimed at, he felt it was good value, and easy to use.
11 comment|152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2012
Bosch tools are of good quality for a diy-guy like myself. I can't say how well this would manage in professional daily use but the price and quality met my needs very well.

I noticed as well the break can loosen the bit at times but I can live with that.
on 31 August 2013
Nice product, nice battery, like the package. Did all the light work at home with no problems. Recommend it.
Could use it out of the box for a while, so I guess battery is really good. Charged really fast as well.
on 10 May 2013
After having used this product for over a month of weekend DIY, I can safely say that it is well worth its price.
I have used it around the house to drill both on Masonry (brick walls) and on wood, and it hasn't skipped a beat.

The drill is solidly put-together (but don't expect Professional drill-grade built, like a Makita, it is a consumer product after all), has comfortable grip, and a decent heft to it. It might prove a bit big when working around tight spaces, but nothing which cannot be fixed by adjusting your working position. The extra grip is easy to set and remove, and has proved quite handy when drilling into brick wall.

It has quite a good amount of power, especially when on "drill" speed. I was able to drill all of the holes required to mount a wall cabinet in minutes, without it ever jamming or proving imprecise. Speaking of power, I was impressed by how tactile the trigger is, which proved useful when using it as a screwdriver to mount furniture.

In some of the other customer reviews about this product, I read some complaints about the bit falling often whilst drilling; well in my case I never experienced it, as I always make sure to set the bit into place by setting the speed setting to "driver" and giving it a couple of good rotations.

The battery supplied has yet to run out on me (longest stretch I have used it, has been for 6 straight hours without a slowdown), and it was helpful having a light indicator on it, which would give me an indication of how much charge remains. The charging dock supplied is fairly simple to use, just dock the battery and give it an hour or less to fully charge.

The only criticism I can direct at this product concerns its packaging. The item is contained in a big green "handyman" case. Which in itself is kinda neat, the problem is that the case although on the big-side, cannot store anything else but the drill and its charging dock. Apart from this, another point of contention, was the fact that only a basic driver bit was included in the package; so if you're considering buying this product, make sure to have available all the drill-bits you require.

All in all this is an excellent product at a fairly reasonable price. I am giving it a 4/5 only because I feel like Bosch can add a freebie or two to the packaging to truly make it stellar.