5.0 out of 5 stars Glee Music vol 1
Brilliantly rousing album. The arrangements and performances are amazing on the best tracks such as Take A Bow and Somebody To Love. If you want an album for long car journeys that everyone can sing to, then let this be it!
Published on 15 Mar 2010 by R. Game

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Dissapointed
SORRY!!! but as much as adore GLEE this 1st cd is pretty poor. I got GLEE 2 cd as a present and thought how brilliant it was, so needless to say got GLEE 1 as soon as I could. BUT what a dissapointment. After you watch the shows and listen to glee 2 what a downer this was. Lets hope 3 is better (IT MUST BE)
Published on 25 April 2011 by R. Dearden

5.0 out of 5 stars Glee Music vol 1, 15 Mar 2010
R. Game "Ricky G" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this CD., 31 Mar 2010
Ian Williams "ianw" (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Don't buy vol.2 either, or download the MP3s. Don't watch the TV show and definitely do not buy the DVD. They are bad for you and I'm going to tell you why.

A few weeks ago I was a normal person who liked their entertainment to have an edge. I love raw Blues (Blind Willie Johnson, Howlin' Wolf) and hard Rock (Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen) and Johnny Cash (I don't like Country otherwise). I like music so raw that if it was steak (and if I wasn't a vegetarian) I'd eat it raw and bloody. I like tough TV. I like Skins and I like True Blood and I like Dexter. And when I heard there was tv series about High School students who sang in a glee club I wanted to throw up. I would make it my mission to exterminate such a vile and inspid and bland thing and eradicate its memory from the collective human consciousness. So of course I had to watch at least one episode to make sure it was as sickening as I expected.

And another.

And another.

And another, until I began to weep. It had snared me in its insidious clutches and my destroyed my credibility in my own eyes. I enjoyed the stories and the characters, but my exposure of their particular horrors shall wait until I've watched the DVD and all the extras. Twice.

I enjoyed the music -me who likes his music raw and bleeding. I loved the range of the strong voices, leads and harmonies. I loved the mix and the arrangements of the blend of pop songs and shown tunes and, yes, rock. I loved the choreography and colour and bounciness. And so I bought Glee: the Music CD vol 1. And Glee: the Music CD vol 2. (And pre-ordered Glee: Season 1 the DVD.) And, like the show itself, the music made me smile and it made me happy and I couldn't deny it any longer. I loved Glee.

Keep away lest this devious piece of skilled wonderfully enjoyable delightful entertainment ensnare you too and destroy all your credibility and illusions. Don't buy this CD!

5.0 out of 5 stars I used to be a normal 30yr old..., 18 May 2010
I too used to be a normal 30 year old...
<stands up> I would like to make an announcement....
"My name is Bobs and I'm a Glee-aholic."

There.
I've said it.

Watch the series. Buy the DVD boxed set. Buy the soundtrack.
And you too can be a Glee-aholic.
My partner says I've got a problem.

The only problem I've got is that the next series and soundtrack can't come quick enough.
Somebody send me some songs so I can hum through the withdrawals...

<la la la.... hum.... la la la!!>

5.0 out of 5 stars Gleefully uplifted, 19 Mar 2010
I have been playing this non-stop in the car, I think the choice of songs covered is quite diverse and the talent indisputable. Whilst Lea Michelle (Rachel) is the main 'lead' and does of course sing extremely well, I personally prefer Amber Riley's (Mercedes') voice and style; Kevin McHale (Artie) was a revelation too! I've just ordered my Glee Volume 2... All in all a great, fun CD with a good mix of tunes- buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album!, 16 Mar 2010
Lydia Clare (Winsford England) - See all my reviews
This album is perfect for anyone. If you are a fan of music in general then you will be amazed by the wonderful renditions of all types of songs from a variety of genres.
The performances never get boring and having had it on repeat for longer then i'd like to admit you can trust me.
A wonderful all round album that is great for all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic debut album from the hit series, 14 Jun 2012
This review is from: Glee: The Music, Volume 1 (MP3 Download)
Some would argue that Glee ruins the originals and their favourites have been destroyed, but I would argue that it introduces many new fans to the original artist or song because they heard it on the show and went looking for it. In that respect, Glee has been a great promotional tool for many singers whose songs have been shelved long ago. In my opinion, if you like the original song, however you feel about Glee's rendition, you should be pleased that their cover has given it some much needed attention again.

For this album in particular I think it was a great start to the show. It was missing a few great songs, but overall I love most of the tracks on it. Standouts for me would be Don't Stop Believin', Taking Chances, No Air, Keep Holding On and Defying Gravity. Sometimes you can't improve on the original, but you can appreciate other versions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving Glee, 18 Mar 2010
Glee is an amazing program although if you are one of the few who have watched the first one or decided, without watching it, that you don't like it then you are missing out. Big time. When I purchased this I was loving the CD too. It has accompanied my friends and myself on many a road trip, mainly playing on full volume!
The reason for the lack of the fifth star is due to the lack of Mash Ups on this and Glee: The Music, Volume 2 and a few songs that are too awesome to be missed out. Anyway you should buy this because...
...well guess what I'm listening to at the moment?
Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, 15 Mar 2010
Great tracks, great voices, great feel good vibe. Yes you can tell they have used autotune a bit to get the right tones, but to be honest who cares!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music!, 14 Mar 2010
A. Reynolds - See all my reviews
The glee songs are great on screen and great on CD. It is a shame though that some of the songs featured aren't on here eg the mash ups and the song Kristin Chenoweth sang with the club. But overall a great CD perfect for in the car!

4.0 out of 5 stars You're not a Gleek yet? I'm proud to say I am!, 11 Dec 2009
Blanca Oliver Marti ""WhiteLady"" (Valencia, Spain) - See all my reviews
OVERALL ALBUM SCORE: 7.6/10
BEST SONG: Alone
HAVE TO LISTEN TO: Don't stop believin', Take a bow, Bust your windows, Taking chances, Somebody to love, You keep me hangin' on, Dancing with myself, Defying gravity.
DON'T BOTHER WITH: Can't fight this feeling anymore, Gold digger, Hate on me, Bust a move.

Glee: exultant high-spirited joy, merriment (Merriam-Webster dictionary).

Even though I love musicals, both in TV and in theatre, I resisted a bit before starting to watch glee. Another High School Musical? No, that's not what Glee is. Glee touches a lot more serious topics, it can be sick at times, or terribly corny, but it does all that while making fun of itself and to me that's what makes the show so enjoyable. But enough about the show, let's go to the CD.

The first impression was that the CD made me smile as much as having heard the songs on the show, which is good. Following on the tracks of that first impression, my appreciation for Lea Michele's great voice and delivery: wow, this girl can sing (not that the rest of the cast can't), and I believe she could be a recording artist on her own when the show is over. Funnily enough though, for me the best song is surprisingly not one of Lea's but Kristen Chenoweth and Matthew Morrison's "Alone". Here's my take on the songs one by one:

1.-Don't stop believin' 8/10
A good opening to the album. Great backing vocals, soaring chorus, lots of positive energy.

2.-Can't fight this feeling anymore 6/10
Cory's singing is nowhere near Lea's and he suffers with the comparison. But on a second listen it actually sound like he could hold his own on a boy band and this decent version could be on their CD.

3.-Gold digger 6/10
Not bad, but not great either. "Hearable" space filler I'd say.

4.-Take a bow 9/10
The original song is outstanding for me, and this is a very, very good version. Lea sings it beautifully without modifying it much, and still makes it her own.

5.-Bust your windows 8/10
I didn't know the song before I heard it on the show. Still, Amber Riley managed to touch me when performing it on screen, and again on the CD.

6.-Taking chances 8/10
Ok, I've said before that Lea Michele can sing, but you could still wonder "really, taking on Celine Dion?" Really.

7.-Alone 10/10
Gives me goose bumps every time I hear it. Kristen Chenoweth does a great job, and the harmonies with Matthew Morrison are great. Yeah, I'm a sucker for a rock ballad, so what?

8.-Maybe this time 7/10
Great performance of both of the girls, but the song gets a bit annoying towards the end...

9.-Somebody to love 9/10
I couldn't give it a 10 because no one can sing Queen better than Freddie Mercury, but I think they'd make him proud. A little bit modernised version that Lea carries the weight of, and she does it great.

10.-Hate on me 6/10
Good enough R&B song by Amber Riley.

11.-No air 7/10
Good performance but the song is a bit lame for me.

12.-You keep me hangin' on 8/10
Gleeful song ;)

13.-Keep holding on 7/10
Nothing really wrong with the song. Maybe a bit too obviously corny.

14.-Bust a move 6/10
Not really my favourite type of music, but it can be listened to easily.

15.-Sweet Caroline 7/10
Love the original, this is a decent version. This one does definitely work better if you watch the show and are familiar with the character played by Mark Salling.

16.-Dancing with myself 8/10
Works a lot better than I thought even without the wheelchair dancing routine. Without a great voice, Kevin McHale still manages to cheer you up.

17.-Defying gravity 9/10
Chris Colfer and his gorgeous falsetto hold their own against Lea. A great performance of a beautiful, touching song.

All in all, I definitely recommend buying this album and think it will make a good Christmas present for many different people, we can all use some glee in our lives!