Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:58 Mins
Published on 23 Feb. 2011 by Chris Hall

3.0 out of 5 stars Very loose connections
The quality of the signal is fine using this high-spec cable, but the actual connections are extremely loose both in my wall socket and whatever bit of equipment I connect it to (I've tried it on both a brand new Humax PVR and my one-year-old tv). To illustrate: when I vacuumed near the wall socket this aerial fell out of the socket just because I'd nudged the cable with...
Published 9 months ago by Chappers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality 0.5m cabling to help improve your tv signal / picture, 23 Feb. 2011
Length:: 0:58 Mins

First off it must be said that Lindy manufacture high quality connection products - so this cabling certainly won't be the cheapest tv aerial cabling available. Cables and their connectors are their main products. Their business tagline `connection perfection' pretty much sums it up. Their products are all about obtaining the best connection for your electrical equipment. For audio and visual equipment, this relates to your picture and your sound.

To get the best out of your freeview or similar equipment, you need to transfer the signal from your aerial to your tv, without any further loss of the signal. As I learnt after installing a new aerial into the attic and subsequently setting up freeview in our frontroom, the cabling used is just as important as the quality of the aerial.

After experiencing a constantly varied picture across all of the numerous digital channels, ranging from sometimes almost a perfect picture, to digital pixelisation and freezing of the picture, to a black screen with the wording `no signal' frustratingly emblazoned across it; I decided to do something about it.

Firstly, after reading up on the best ways to improve the signal for your tv picture, I found out that its always advantageous to limit the length of all cabling used. So lesson one is to only ever purchase the cable length that you actually require and never more.

Secondly, use high quality gold plated coax cabling. Previously, we had been using thin white cabling (see cabling compared in the attached video) that we had picked up over the years, possibly free with various equipment we purchased or something. This was our main problem. As soon as we shortened the length of cabling we actually needed, and invested in a good quality cable, the picture and signal for our freeview tv channels improved tenfold.

I can't say that we actually gained any additional channels, because I believe that we had already managed to pick up a signal for them all, so this wasn't an issue for us. But across the board for these channels, the sudden reduction in pixelisation and freezing of the picture suddenly improved to almost a perfect picture for all of our channels.

We chose to use these Lindy superior grade UHF cables after their name was recommended to us. A little research across the net further pointed towards these cables offering exactly what they said they would - extremely high quality to help improve your tv picture.

The coax cables are available with `Male to Male' or `Male to Female' connectors, depending on your connection requirements - so it's important to always check before ordering (we needed Male to Male).

The cabling itself is noticeably thicker than other `cheaper' tv aerial cabling. The thick rubber like exterior to the cable seems extremely durable, offering high protection to the more delicate metal wiring inside.

Annoyingly, these cables are currently only offered in an anthracite grey colour, which if being tacked along skirting boards or the like, isn't very fitting for the average household. Yes it looks all swish and modern, but white cabling is likely to be a lot more suitable and fitting within the average person's household décor. This wasn't really an issue for us, as after playing around with the arrangement of the front room (which helped to reduce the unnecessarily long tv cabling required), we managed to hide our new fancy Lindy cable behind the tv unit. For those that can't do this, it's best to think about how it's going to look before ordering.

All in all these Lindy aerial cables just smack of good quality. The manufacturers offer an impressive 10 year guarantee with all of their cabling, so they clearly have faith in the longevity of its performance. We're very glad we spent the time and effort to look into how to improve our tv picture, which led to the purchase of one of these Lindy cables. Very highly recommended!

PLEASE NOTE: The attached video is of the 2m Lindy Aerial Cable which is the length we required. This particular product listing is for the exact same coax aerial cable, but rather than having a 2m length it has just a 0.5m length. This isn't much as all, so make sure that you're ordering the correct length!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pick of the bunch, 8 Aug. 2012
I had problems with TV reception from living in a smallish block of flats that has a shared aerial. I've been using a good Sony digital TV withthe signal coming from the main aerial outlet in the flat. I was getting poor reception for some channels, couldn't get other channels and the picture would occasionally break-up, which was really frustrating. I tried the cheap & mid-range leads and they didn't make a lot of difference, either 10m or shorter. Then tried this lead, which improved the picture quality in general and the picture very rarely breaks up now when using the main channels & other similar channels. Using the lead also led to some extra channels being receivable, though the reception isn't always great for these. A shorter length of this lead than 10m might help with this but I couldn't say for sure. The lead is worth the extra money, in my opinion, & has definetly improved the reception & made watching TV where I live a lot more enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never realised a specific coax could make SUCH a difference, 6 Mar. 2013
I went for this male to male coax after reading the very helpful video reviews across the Lindy coax cable range by reviewer Chris Hall (see helpful video)

Over the past few weeks I've been getting a huge problem with tuning, the dreaded freeze frame and horizontal banding. I first wondered whether there was something going wrong with my TV itself, and from doing some research on Amazon, getting a new coax seemed to be the best place to start. I had a spare 'white one' but it didn't make any difference.

Now, I have just discovered there is a fault in the external aerial in my block of flats, so all is not completely sorted yet. Even so, the arrival of this cable immediately produced 28 more TV channels and 24 more radio channels than the standard 'white one' was doing when I did a retune to see if the problem had yet been properly fixed 10 minutes earlier (it hasn't been) Nonetheless even with that dodgy roof aerial, the difference is astonishing! (and no, the dodgy aerial hadn't been touched in the intervening 10 minutes! - the fault is still unresolved)

I look forward to seeing how many channels I will get when things are finally fixed.

Meanwhile, the sensible advice by Mr Hall to get the shortest cable possible, and for that cable to be a Lindy, has worked wonders.

My only slight cavil was that I didn't notice the supplier was based in Germany - my mistake, not theirs, so i had a longer wait for this to arrive than expected. A wait which has definitely been worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 April 2010
With this cable my TV picks up all Freeview channels, whereas my previous cheap cable picked up hardly any channels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality 1m cabling to help improve your tv signal / picture, 23 Feb. 2011
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lindy 37771 - 1m Premium TV Aerial / UHF / RF / Freeview Coax Cable (Electronics)
Length:: 0:58 Mins

PLEASE NOTE: The attached video is of the 2m Lindy Aerial Cable which is the length we required. This particular product listing is for the exact same coax aerial cable, but rather than having a 2m length it has just a length of 1m.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality 2m cabling to help improve your tv signal / picture, 22 Feb. 2011
Length:: 0:58 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality 3m cabling to help improve your tv signal / picture, 23 Feb. 2011
Length:: 0:58 Mins

PLEASE NOTE: The attached video is of the 2m Lindy Aerial Cable which is the length we required. This particular product listing is for the exact same coax aerial cable, but rather than having a 2m length it has a full 3m.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 2 Nov. 2013
My freeview reception improved massively using this cable, I was all set to get an aerial engineer out to see why my reception was so bad I had previously purchased a cheap and cheerful co-axial cable so didnt think for one minute it could be that read the reviews for the Lindy cable and gave it a try, superb result, as the title says well worth the extra money

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality 20m cabling to help improve your tv signal / picture, 23 Feb. 2011
Length:: 0:58 Mins

PLEASE NOTE: The attached video is of the 2m Lindy Aerial Cable which is the length we required. This particular product listing is for the exact same coax aerial cable, but rather than having a 2m length it has a full 20m.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 6 Jun. 2015
This was purchased to replace a previous one I ordered .I am pleased to say what a difference this cable makes no more Freeview HD loss of picture and a vastly improved FM radio sound .Let me explain why you must buy a quality cable for your TV/FM radio This one fits well and most important it is properly screened as the cheap rubbish ones are not and you will run into problems with them .I have a twin outlet socket for TV and FM radio and it was the cheap and nasty one that was knocking out my Freeview HD and giving poor FM reception you only had to walk near it and things would get worse so lesson learnt buy a decent one like this one .I have even ordered a 2nd one to replace another setup I have