1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Dell Optiplex GX620 By Theo, 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dell Optiplex GX620 Desktop PC - Intel Pentium 4 HT 2.8Ghz - 1GB Ram - 80GB Hard Drive - DVDROM - Windows XP Pro SP3 (Electronics)
This was a great buy. It had basically everything I needed. I only needed to buy a graphics card, RAM and a 500GB hard drive.

Delivery was excellent! It came within 3 days and was packaged very well! I have had no problems with it apart from the on/off button not working but its minor. It came with all necessary wires although you do need to buy a monitor, mouse and keyboard. I use a VGA cable to connect it to my 18.5 inch screen. It is very good for internet browsing and light applications but I found it start to slow and lag when I opened more than 3. And sometimes less. But upgrading your RAM from 1GB to 4GB with definitely enhance your performance and experience. I recommend: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Komputerbay-667MHz-PC2-5300-PC2-5400-Desktop/dp/B004LT8MN8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2SW0ZOQ72NB3X&coliid=I1SSF81IBI8GBA

A graphics card will also help. A graphics card will enhance your proformance and also your choice of screen. The only display port this computer offers is VGA but a decent graphics card will normally provide you with a HDMI and DVI. I recommend: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sparkle-NVIDIA-GeForce-Graphic-PCI-Express/dp/B0046DAONA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2SW0ZOQ72NB3X&coliid=IZWQ2S1VYY8Y0

80GB of storage is a good amount of room but I highly suggest upgrading to at least a 250GB.

Windows 8 also comes into it. It is up to you, if you are comfortable with the Windows XP layout then fine. But if you want a MUCH better experience with Windows I suggest: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-Pro-Upgrade-Edition-Vista/dp/B008GRKGXK/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2SW0ZOQ72NB3X&coliid=I1PQVURC7DZ3K5

Thank you for reading and if I helped you please thumbs up! :)