‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well., 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
My review is based on my first impression having used it on my four year old Vivi espresso machine. I should point out that this machine has an E61 Grouphead. My tip after using this product is to ensure that you have your machine warmed up to full brewing temperature. Once the machine is hot, place a teaspoon of the Puly café cleaning granules into the blind filter and the product will dissolve properly.

Second tip, after cleaning carefully unscrew the brew pump lever which provides access to the ‘cam pocket area’, wipe out the remaining old coffee oil. Then apply Molykote 111 compound (grease) to the moving brass parts inside, especially the part referred to as the ‘operating cam’. Tricky to reinsert but worth the effort

You need to use this product regularly to clean the group head so your coffee tastes nice and fresh.
As well as the Puly café you need to buy some food grade citric acid granules to descale the machines boiler every four months.

The 900g bottle is the most economical way to purchase this product. Enjoy your espresso

5.0 out of 5 stars not just for coffee machines, 30 Jan 2014
A. Elliott - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
I got my first tub of this after venturing into coffee making. I used this to clean the group head and flush the system. I also used this to clean the stainless steel of the machine. However, it also cleans the inside of mugs and cups and easily removes the staining you get from coffee and tea use. It will clean or your stainless steel cutlery and even your kitchen sink. Just fill the sink with water, add some of this into it, place your cutlery in it and go have a rest for 30 -60 minutes while it works its magic.

I also used it recently on the hob which worked well, though next time I'll try and work it more into a paste. It left the steel streak free after drying and got most of the marks out.

Highly recommended, doesn't smell of any harsh chemicals, leaves cleaned products easy to rinse and in my opinion is a must have in any kitchen whether you have a coffee machine or not.

The tub will last months in a normal household kitchen so that must make it one of the cheapest cleaning products around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean Machine, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent product, cleans my cups too! My daughter suggested this product to me who works in a high class restaurant, so no better recommendation than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my coffee machine., 23 Jan 2014
Nj Williams "billttolast" (oldham uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
Our Morphy Richards espresso machine started to struggle to drip a constant stream of coffee,as the only cleaning info in the manual was on how to descale it I did this , to no avail.
I had the same problem with the last three different coffee machines and so expected to have to return this one too.

I then did some research online and discovered that coffee machines with little baskets have to be cleaned periodically with this type of product.

The makers don't tell you this,seems crazy ,maybe they don't want to tell you that you need cleaning powder (they must get a lot of returns under guarantee ,as our first three all clogged up within 12 months).

At the end of a shift in a coffee house the filters are cleaned with this.
It says to soak the basket for half hour in 2 teaspoons of powder but I found a good overnight soak did mine better.

It went from unusable to like new.

I do it once a week now ,I only use 1 teaspoon and half the water and this is fine.Its worth checking out your coffee machine as mine has a screen filter above the basket screwed to the machine itself ,this had to come off to be cleaned as well.

You get a lot of product for your money and it definitely does what its says on the tin .

Apparently it is made for commercial Italian coffee houses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Nikolaus M. Braun "Nico" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
really works, especially to get the coffee out of the little filter holes

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jun 2014
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
must have really, save you a fortune in repairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 16 Mar 2014
Mr. Martin Dore "philo" (ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent cleaner for stainless steel and coffee makers. Very easy to use and great results achieved. Will definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent product gets the job done machine gets filthy without it good all round cleaner no more filthy group heads

5.0 out of 5 stars Buying was easy, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
I have been informed that it is fantastic. Still waiting for my VAT invoice which I have requested several times but are being ignored.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value..., 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g) (Kitchen & Home)
...and will last forever! Does exactly as it says on the tin (or should I say canister)! Easy to use too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Puly Caffe Cleaning Powder (900g)
10.01