‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Swift review, 27 Dec. 2011
I was bought this for Christmas. It's a lot nicer than the photograph, the wood's nicely varnished, no rough edges anywhere, and it spins smoothly. The dowels are a snug fit, I found the next-to-the-longest size fitted yarn wound on my Ashford niddy noddy. Very simple to assemble, and if needed, it looks like the dowels would be simple to find replacements for. Perfect for what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars wool winding made easy, 12 May 2012
Did some research before deciding on this wool winder, so pleased when it arrived. The winder was nicely made, polished with no rough edges. It assembles and de assembles really easily and it makes wool winding easy and fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Angela, 18 July 2012
After looking around and seeing different models of swifts this is by far the easiest to use. No fuss easy to assemble and solid construction makes this a perfect tool for a serious knitter. I like that it has a gauge on one arm along each peg whole for your different metered skeins. There is no clamps making it easily accessible on any work top and when winding yarn you can get a great speed up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, that was easy!, 21 Nov. 2012
ACT1 (Australia) - See all my reviews
This swift has turned the chore of ball winding into a very pleasant experience! First, it is compact which is a necessity in our small house. It is very easy to assemble and pack away again and it is nicely adjustable to take a wide range of skein sizes. It gets smoother with use, especially the rotation around the centre dowel. What used to take my ever patient husband and I the best part of half an hour to do, now takes 10 minutes. An added bonus for this is that it is a table model - and very stable - so you don't have to hunt around for an edge of table on which to clamp it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend this Simple yet Effective Swift!, 14 Nov. 2012
H. A. Fairgrieve "hetty" (Plymouth, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this Swift for a Knitting Group I run. So many fashion yarns are now being sold in skeins that have to be rewound I knew this would come in very handy.It certainly does! It assembles quickly and easily and when not in use can be stored in the box taking up little room.The smooth surface of the wood ensures it will not snag your wool as you wind.
Perfect for our needs!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and simple, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: ChiaoGoo Amish Design Wooden Yarn Swift 1098 (Misc.)
I love my yarn swift.
I used to put my skeins around a cushion, and it was always a mess, everything got tangled and it took me ages to sort it out.
It took a few weeks to arrive to the UK, but it was worth it...
The swift arrived in a slim box, and has easy instructions to assemble it.
It's a nice soft wood, looks sturdy and made to last.
Used it after washing some wool to wind it into balls, and it was turning very smoothly.
A Christmas treat to myself, very happy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Space saving, functional and fun!, 20 Jun. 2013
I know, I know; a yarn swift isn't supposed to be fun, but I had a great time with this, imagining all the different accoutrements one could add. It was a very hot day, and the gentle breeze that was coming off this as I wound my yarn was delightful, hence the speculation about adding fans, or sparkly bits! On a more serious note, it is well made, fits together nice and snugly, and is fully adjustable for different sizes of skein. It looks a lot nicer than the "umberella" style swifts, and packs away into the corner of my cupboard with ease. You do need a fair size table-top space to use this - disasters with ill placed cups of coffee were only narrowly avoided! But overall, a nice piece of kit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amish Wooden Yarn Swift, 12 Sept. 2013
A beautifully made product which arrived within about 5 days considering it came from America. It can take a variety of hank sizes up to about 60" and measurements are clearly marked on the arms. One tip, just keep an eye on things as you go - make sure the hank remains secure and doesn't work it's way off the dowels as you are winding because it will end up around the centre spindle in a terrible tangled mess. Also, it's a good idea to have the yarn ball winder, which I bought in conjunction with this, at least half the diameter away from the swift. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it which is why I'm giving it 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this design of swift, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: ChiaoGoo Amish Design Wooden Yarn Swift 1098 (Misc.)
Very pleased with this design of swift. Having considered buying the type that looks like the inside of an umbrella, I thought that the Amish design would be more convenient - no need to clamp it onto a table. It is well made, easy to assemble and disassemble, and is very stable. It works very well on a low table near an armchair - do not need to be level with it when winding. Worked well with a very tangled laceweight skein. The pegs are quite tight but this is necessary and it turns very smoothly. Much better than using the back of a chair or a reluctant husband - glad I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great device and so simple to use, 15 May 2013
This together with an inline yarn ball winder has been fabulous. Not too expensive, it came all the way from the USA but in great time. It all slotted together well, I lack space in our cottage, and this has to be dismantled each time I use it. Its so easy to do this and the swift works so well. You can use it for hand spun yarn easily too, because you can use the pegs to alter the length of your skeins. Now I have one of these, I wish I had bought one years ago. Brilliant. Oh, and the wood its made from is so smooth, and lovely to hold and to handle.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›