5.0 out of 5 stars Third pair!!! oh yes....
I bought a pair of these about a year ago to give my kitchen DAB radio a bit more punch. I could not believe how good they were, so I purchased another pair to give my TV more punch. I have now purchased the third set for my computer.
Published 8 months ago by Gareth

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish
Update: Feb 2012
I've downgraded this to ONE star, the speakers have now failed 3 TIMES.
Am trying to get a refund but Harman UK are bouncing me back to Amazon.
Will never buy Harman JBL again.

I bought these speakers as a present for relatives, and whilst I dont particularly like the styling myself they do sound pretty good.
They're by no...
Published on 9 July 2011 by Steve65

5.0 out of 5 stars Third pair!!! oh yes...., 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: JBL Duet II Two Piece Computer Speaker System - Black (Electronics)
They look great, they sound great. The only down side is that no matter how much I turn down the bass on my TV, they still seem to be over bassey. This is probably due to their location against a wall. In my kitchen I have turned these babies up top whack and they are some set of speakers. The clarity and frequency range is something else. For the money you can't go wrong, and they look the part too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good value for money, 21 Dec 2012
We were given these desktop speakers as a free gift and when we opened the box to look at them we thought mmm nice styling to them but do they sound any good ?
Well were pleased to say yes they do indeed !
UPDATE ! We have now been using these speakers for about 18 months now and are still going strong sounding great 100%.
The volume control is positioned on top of one of the speakers which is very convenient to use controlling the level of sound and to switch off as well as it`s the on/off power all in one .
Ok they don`t have earth shattering bass as there`s no sub woofer but from speakers this size there is we think enough for the customer who just wants crystal clear sound and just enough bass to go there great .
Buy from amazon as there customer after sales is 100% perfect so to give you full assurance of back up if needed !
We`ve had these on test for about a week so will keep you all informed on how they stand up as there are we see a few mixed reviews on power supply problems but things up to now are looking very good indeed !Many thanks and Happy xmas from all @ MaxsoundCarAudio Uk ....

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish, 9 July 2011
Steve65 (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
Update: Feb 2012
I've downgraded this to ONE star, the speakers have now failed 3 TIMES.
Am trying to get a refund but Harman UK are bouncing me back to Amazon.
Will never buy Harman JBL again.

They're by no means earth shattering but are ok for day to day use. If you really want something to replace your hi-fi then trust me you need to be spending 100+ on 'fatter' speakers.
The BIG DOWNSIDE for me is that the power supply blew after about 6 months use, not a massive deal as it was replaced free of charge BUT i also own a set of JBL radial speakers and exactly the same thing happened to them about a year ago!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very average, 19 Mar 2014
Firstly I'll start by saying that I've had many JBL products in the past which were very good, however I'd never purchased any JBL products for home use - only car audio equipment (subs, component kits, amps).

Given that I'd previously been impressed by the JBL brand, I purchased these speakers in good faith whilst looking to upgrade the old Logitech 2.1 setup on my PC. I've been using them for around 8 months now and quite frankly I could not believe the reviews these speakers have been given on here by a few people - they are very average speakers and that does not come across in the other reviews here. Why it's taken me until now to upgrade them I really don't know (laziness, probably!).

They offer hardly any bass (even my iPhone speaker produces better bass!), and the treble is also very 'flat' (they would benefit greatly from having a decent tweeter fitted). They're OK if watching TV, or for Skype conferencing etc, but if you want better sound for listening to music or watching films then these are definitely not the speakers for you.

Granted they look good, and at the price (I paid 50 but they're 30 at the time of writing this review) obviously you won't be expecting too much, but my old Logitech setup only cost 25 and even at 3 years old I would gladly take that setup back in place of these JBL's (I honestly wish I never binned the LogiTech setup now, despite the fact they were very 'worn'!).

Using these JBL's has made me realise just how good Logitech system really was - and because of this, I'm just about to go buy a new Logitech setup so I can finally get rid of these JBL's.

In order to keep my review 'fair', I've given these JBL's 2 stars simply because they look quite fashionable, and are of good build quality (granted they're plastic, but they're very solid).
So to summarise - if you want some speakers that look good and will stay put on your desk even if it gets bumped - buy the JBL's. If you want something that sounds good though - look elsewhere (personally I'm going for the Logitech Z523 in white).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound and product quality, 27 Dec 2013
Good sound and product quality. Great value for money.
Didn’t like to volume/on-off switch in the top of one speaker.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk- didn't last, 31 Dec 2012
Looked stylish and sounded nice right up until the speaker cracked after about 2 months. Note to JBL- work on the quality- 2 month service life under normal conditions= embarrassing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and decent speakers, 23 Nov 2012
These impressions are right out of the box, IMHO no particular burn-in period is required for this type of cheap mini-speakers, differences would be negligible.
Build quality - very, very solid. As for the reliability of the power supply (I've seen several reviews complaining about that): switching power supplies are not indestructible! Also, that particular PSU might be slightly underpowered for these speakers, that's why it fails after a while. Replace it with a good and more powerful aftermarket PSU, and you also see the sound improve and the overall response become more linear.
Sound quality - the response is what I could expect from bass-ported drivers this size. It is on par with the competition: total absence of response until 100hz, a huge "thump" that blurs the low-mids immediately after that (due to the ported design), slight rolloff in the highs. If I have to compare them, I'd say they are very close to the Creative T10 but the sound in the mids is much, much more intelligible and less fatiguing. Soundstage is what surprised me: there is something going on there! :) Forgive me, but it is not obvious at all to get even the blurred attempt at an actual soundstage in anything that does not have at least a 5" woofer and a 200+ price tag. These speakers deliver: the sound is spacious and you can hear where the instruments are coming from.
Now, the only drawback: the integrated amp makes a lot of white noise in the background, and that not only hampers the dynamic range, but it is slightly annoying as well.