5.0 out of 5 stars Back up plan
I took my mum to see this movie and to be honest i wasnt expecting great things as i usually find JLO's films abit naff. However i have seen Alex Oloughlin in Moonlight and we think he's cute so we gave it a go. Call us shallow if you like..
Published on 20 May 2010 by Mazzaroo

3.0 out of 5 stars Bland
Stereotypical comedy. Not one of J.Lo's best at all. It's passable but nothing special. Best to watch on telly and not buy it to be honest!
Published 22 days ago by g1llyt

5.0 out of 5 stars Back up plan, 20 May 2010
This review is from: The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
We thought it was very funny in parts and we enjoyed it alot. There were outtakes at the end too which is always good for a giggle.
Having children myself i could relate to many parts of the film. Couples or girls night out, go for it!!
Well worth a watch as its rare to find anything funny or light hearted these days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted and funny, 21 Sep 2011
Uenna (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I watched this with my daughter and we thought it was very funny. A nice romantic comedy with an unusual story line. However the life lesson I picked out here was the need to be patient and wait. Here was a woman who had given up on Mr. Right and decided to create a family using AI, on the same day that it happened she met Mr.Right, who turned out to be Mr. Right in every sense of the word. I liked Alex O'Loughlin. I think he and JLO were a well matched couple. It was good to see JLO back in a romcom after a long hiatus. This movie is light-hearted and funny. The DVD is packed full of special features which includes deleted scenes, trailers and the making of back up plan.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Back-Up Plan, 25 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This film is brilliant J-Lo is so funny in this film. Great buy it did you love rom-com then you should defo get this one cos your love it!!! Hope this helps??

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 5 May 2011
Ms. K. Moore - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I love this film so much! J-Lo is great and plays the part really well! and Alex O'L is Amazing and VERY Hot!!! I got it from LoveFilm then went out to buy it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Backup Plan DVD, 5 May 2011
As Always I do my research (Youtube - Trailer) and read the description
and knew this was a girly film id enjoy, after having a child myself this
film gave me alot of laughs and a few cringes i throughly enjoyed it and
glad i have it on my DVD shelf its always a film to watch when the girls
are round for dvd night PLUS Alex O'Loughlin Is GORGEOUS! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a chance, 6 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I know that this film got really bad reviews, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. It had me laughing out loud at some points and I think that Jennifer Lopez and Alex Oloughlin had excellent on screen chemistry. It is what it is meant to be a romantic comedy and it is well worth a watch. It is well acted and I cared about the characters which is always a sign to me that I have enjoyed a film. The bloopers at the end are also worth watching , it looks like they had a ball making this film.

4.0 out of 5 stars a very satisfactory rom com, 2 Nov 2012
I enjoyed this film, the performances where reasonable, the script was a little predicatable at times however this did not detract from my enjoyment. A nice easy film when you dont want to have to think too hard about what your watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviews= bad + good- I say good, 29 July 2012
This review is from: The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
Alot of reviews say "terrible" or "bad!"but some say "funny, great , love it!" even "give it a chance". I agree with give it a chance. You can't let other people tell you wether its bad or good! People have different views and opinions - you have to get your own. The reason I say this is because I read these reviews and decided to give it ago anyway. I now LOVE this film and so have come back to write this.I don't mean to affend anyone who wrote a bad review or even I good one , I just want to say GIVE IT AGO and you never know. Like me you could end up loving it or
hating it, but you never know till you try.

Anyway its a rom com (not much com) about a woman who wants a baby so makes it happen but then meets a great (great actor) man and falls in love. This complicates things.... see how it turns out .

Hope you found this helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillarious, even if a little predictable, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
i love films about concieving.. call me wierd but it's hillarious how that whole journey of pain, anticipation and care is depicted in a film, to make it seem so rosy, because you can't get it right in a rom-com!!

and of course Alex O'Loughlin looks OMG.. great!!

however, it was a little predictable, so it's the kind of film where you're not allowed to think so much because then you won't find it funny.

1.0 out of 5 stars You'll need a backup plan, I suggest another movie!, 9 July 2014
This review is from: The Back-up Plan (DVD)
Absolute garbage of a film, so boring I fell asleep... J-Lo plays the same parts in almost all of her films and its just boring. Shame really as the general consensus in reviews and ratings was to put this as a 3.5.... I wouldn't even give it one, much better Rom Coms out there.

The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010]
The Back-up Plan [DVD] [2010] by Alan Poul (DVD - 2010)
3.96