on 3 January 2013
This is a great series and this is a great end to the series. I loved this book , there was action, romance, suspence and finally some questions were answered. A fantastic book i will definitley read again :)
on 9 April 2014
This book is thrilling. It gives you a full understanding about the last books, and the battle I so amazing. I am REALLY thankful that percy and annabeth get together, I've been waiting for ages, and now I'm upset as there are no more books.
on 10 December 2013
I recommend reading this book if you are into all the action stuff and love awesomeness this is my favourite book because I LOVE ACTION but if you do not read the books before this one it will make no sense if you don't read this series you have not lived . I can not find words to express this book it is just to AMAZING I love it I love it I love it. I wish my life was like Percy Jackson's. Hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.
on 17 June 2012
What an amazing way to end this series! This book was absolutely jam packed full of action! I figured we'd get more of a build up but it went straight into the battle pretty early on and it didn't stop from there.

One thing I find odd about me liking this book so much is that there is a lot of flashback scenes (Percys dreams & the Gods showing him stuff) and it didn't bother me one bit. I normally really, really hate flashbacks but it is a testament to Riordan's writing that I really loved this book anyway. Every scene felt it had a purpose.

I was so glad that so many great characters played a part in the final battle. Clarisse has never truly been a likeable character but in this book she was downright HBIC.

There were also so many twists. A lot of them I really did not see coming. Even though we had a lot of clues they were cryptic and open to a lot of interpretation. I did manage to guess a few but in the end it didn't really matter because the ending was so well tied together that it felt like no matter how hard you tried, you could of never thought of it yourself so perfectly.

If I was less fangirly about this entire series I could have two complaints about this book. It felt like it tried too hard to be funny at the start (but it soon evened out). There where so many random one liners, that fair enough to Rick Riordan made me laugh out loud, but they weren't really needed.

Secondly, everyone turned out to be redeemed or forgiven in some way and not everyone deserved that. In a way it made sense, after all these are just kids. But some of them where just downright evil and others complete brats that didn't deserve to be redeemed or forgiven at all.

The ending was sweet and left a lot open so Riordan could write a lot more!

And can we please appreciate how awesome Nico is. I had to stop myself at certain points because no way should a person my age be thinking that Riordan's description of Nico was attractive!

My two favourite quotes:

"If you're heading downtown from Central Park, my advice is to take the subway. Flying pigs are faster, but way more dangerous."

&

"I kept climbing - past another telkhine who was so startled he dropped his Li'l Demons lunchbox. I left him alive - partly because his lunchbox was cool, partly so he could raise the alarm and hopefully get his friends to follow me rather than head towards the engine "
on 25 January 2014
Just amazing, I would say enjoyable for all ages, haven't enjoyed a read this much since the Harry Potter series of the Game of Thrones series! Can't wait to start reading more books by Rick Riordan! I couldn't recommend these series of books more, and the last book (the last Olympian) was wonderfully written and just a delight to read! The story was the balls!!!
on 13 March 2014
Wow straight into the action!! First with Rachel then on the princess andromeda where Percy looses another hero friend when together they blow up the boat with only Percy escaping...

I was completely hooked from start to finish & most definitely the best book of the series!! I thought Bessie would play a bigger part tho!!

I know it's only a book but Percy Jackson is the most selfless person I think I have ever read about!! I loved it!! It's the selflessness, innocence etc that I found so refreshing!! And that little twist with Rachel Dare was brilliant I really didn't see that coming!!

Love how we learned even more in this book about Greek mythology inc. the minor gods & (wether it be true or not) how they came together to defeat evil at the end!!

One thing I think should have been included is a list of the half bloods, centures that did give their life we only read about snippets!!

Overall I think this was an amazing series & I'm really going to miss reading about the adventures x
on 4 January 2014
The best conclusion to a series and it is nck and neck with harry potter for my favourite book and books.
The best thing about the last Olympian is there are so many twists in It and some people change their attuned towards the gods.....
Great book and a hearty read this and the rest of the percy Jackson trilogy I am sure will never leave me for as long as I live.
on 18 November 2014
4.5 STARS

Rick Riordan is a genius.

This is how you finish a series, and after the disappointment of so many of other final installments to come back to a series that I love which has an ending I love just as much is a breath of fresh air.

Granted there were a few things I didn’t like so much and I wanted to get them out of the way first; and this largely included the completion of the prophecy. I still found myself surprised with how it played out but I think there wasn’t nearly enough emphasis on that final decision and also the way it kind of skipped the fact it was Percy’s birthday until after…

Putting this aside though, The Last Olympian was a heart pounding, action filled adventure with friendships as well as relationships that will twist your heart and give you all the feels! As a re-read I didn’t expect to find myself constantly on the edge of my seat or screaming at characters, but Riordan has an amazing ability to keep the story new no matter how many times you read it and this is something I know I’ll cherish along with the series when I come back again years later.

For now though, I can see more of the amazing characters in the Heroes of Olympus series and while I know it’s dangerous to go into a book with high expectations, I simply can’t help it! It will have Percabeth and if that doesn’t get my hopes up for a spin-off I don’t know what would.

I definitely recommend people stick with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series to the very end because it was well worth it, and I can’t stress enough how you won’t regret picking the first book up in the first place (of course if you’re reading this book it’s likely you’ve already started for which I applaud you).

Posted on: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/
on 8 June 2014
We've just finished the last in the series- it's taken us about 6months. George and I have really enjoyed them. We like the earlier books best.George: rely enjoyed these books because theres always something going on in them.
on 30 August 2013
This book is the last in the Percy Jackson series, apart from the demi-god files, and it is truly a fantastic end to the books.
I really enjoyed reading all the books but this book has been one of the best in series.
This book has many surprising events and gripping chapters that make you turn the page. I found myself living in a whole new world when reading. I, also, liked the relationships in the books. It really shows exemplary friendships and it even makes you feel the saying "there is more to someone than meets the eye", for those who have read the book will know what character I am referring to.
Although I found some of the events predictable, which many of you will, it still completed the book. I am happy with the ending of the book, Rick Riordan has really made the series come to a excited and gripping ending.
As Percy Jackson is a now turning into a major film series I can only hope that all the films do the books justice and bring them to life.
I recommend teenagers to read this book but it is also suitable for adults. It show the intensity of high school, building friendships and dealing with the bullies as well as showing that when you put all differences aside we are all the same.
This book is truly a fantastic read!