5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth reading
After the departure in book 3, Sue Townsend makes a welcome return to the diary format for this period in Adrian's life. In the first half of the book, I found myself losing patience with the poor child but he quickly comes of age and redeems himself with the help of a good woman. With the loss of innocence the gentle humour of the first two books is not quite so apparent...
Published on 17 Aug. 2012 by John C

2.0 out of 5 stars Now he's somewhat older his character seems less funny and more like someone with social awkwardness or aspergers
I remember the initial books with fondness and the teenage angsts that Adrian wrote about seemed quite apt. Now he's somewhat older his character seems less funny and more like someone with social awkwardness or aspergers. I think I may have been a teenager when I read the inital books so maybe my humour has changed as I didn't 'get' it with this book. I did read it to...
Published 10 months ago by Flounder

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best of Adrian Mole, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (Kindle Edition)
This is a book that will keep you laughing from cover to cover and Adrian is the character that I have grown up with, some great cringe moments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adrian Mole:The Wilderness Years, 29 Jun. 2014
I am a big fan of Sue Townsend, having read most of her books. This book is as good as the others in the series and had me laughing out loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mole again, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (Kindle Edition)
Once again, Sue creates her sad Adrian who fights against lifes trial and tribulations.
This reader has every sympathy for his fight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another funny look at the sufferings of our Adrian, 14 July 2000
Adrian is still suffering for his art in the wilds of Oxford,this is a very welcome return to form for the incredibly talented Sue Townsend.Those of you that have followed Adrian from his first outing will revel in the absolute brilliace that this book radiates.
The characters are all here and have been moved forward and matured in a warm and caring light by the author who quite clearly has written this book for anyone who has been at odds with the world.This book is very witty and is a fantastic addition to the on going adrian mole life story.
Gary Moss

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny as usual, 15 Jan. 2013
Dan (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (Kindle Edition)
Real page turner. You HAVE to find out what's going to happen, eagerly turning pages to follow Adrian as he (tries) to become a man.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book of all time, 20 April 2010
wavey davey (Fareham, Hants) - See all my reviews
I have been reading about our Adrian's highs and lows since before I was even 13 & 3/4 years old, and have loved every instalment. The books are so brilliantly written and the characters are so perfectly observed that its hard to remember that its all made up at times. No book in the series is ever less than very, very good, but 'The Wilderness Years' has always stood out for me. Its no more or less hilarious than the others, but it has more pathos mixed in. Without wanting to give too much away, the part of the book where Adrian's Grandma dies just days after his girlfriend leaves him for his Mum's partner, is extremely moving. It hasn't quite made me cry yet, but every time I read it I get a little closer! If there's anyone out there who hasn't read any of these books, I urge you to. I really cannot imagine anyone not enjoying them, anything with Sue Townsend's name on the cover has a guarantee of quality. I don't mind admitting that I have a lot of empathy with Adrian, and I hope that when Sue Townsend finally decides to bring his saga to an end, he gets some sort of happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 6 April 2015
This review is from: Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (Kindle Edition)
As usual, great writing and if you like the original two books then read this! Funny and humorous! Read and enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 Dec. 2013
very good read especially for holidays. Pick it up and put it down laughing all the time would recommend it

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 Star, 12 Feb. 2013
Paul M Cave (Peterborough UK) - See all my reviews
Not the best of the Mole saga. It's Adrian by the numbers, the narrative as drifting as his life is.

5.0 out of 5 stars funny beautifully observed, 1 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Adrian Mole: The Wilderness Years (Kindle Edition)
As ever Sue Townsend delivers! Poignant, funny beautifully observed, a good read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›