5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further
My older daughter, 6 years old, bites her nail and my younger daughter, 2 years old had the habit of thumb sucking. We used Mavala for just a week and both have stopped their habits of sucking thumb and bitting their nails. Fantastic product.
Published on 23 Sept. 2010 by R. Govindan

3.0 out of 5 stars It works. But goes off quick
This worked great for a while. I stopped biting, my nails got to a reasonable length and I actually had to use scissors to cut them - first time in many years.

However, I went away for two weeks and quickly got back into old habits. On my return, I thought I'd try again. However I found that the strength of the taste had severely deteriorated and wasn't...
Published 12 months ago by Benjamin Hook

5.0 out of 5 stars Look no further, 23 Sept. 2010
R. Govindan "Aquarian" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mavala Stop - Discourages Nail Biting and Thumb Sucking For Children and Adults - 5ml (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Product, 18 Jun. 2013
Best product I have found for anti-nail and anti-thumb biting and sucking. Recommended 100% to all of you. Best! Super!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 17 Jun. 2013
Really does work not only it helps you stop biting your nails it also helps you notice when you are nibbling great! This stuff is so easy to use and fast delivery couldn't go wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Mavala Stop, 21 Jun. 2010
I used this product to stop my children from sucking their thumbs. I used it on my 4 year old daughter (who constantly sucked her thumb)and it worked within 2 days - she stopped entirely! I tried it on my 3 year old son and it didn't work at first he sucked right through it (no idea how - it tastes disgusting). But the product did say it should only be used on children over 3 - (because the taste budds are still developing and changing)and he was only just 3 at the time. But I did try it a few months later and it worked within 7 days. So all in all I was very impressed with this product and would recommend it to anyone trying to stop thumb sucking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me, 10 May 2014
Tastes awful, smells awful, I stopped biting my nails after biting them my whole life. Downside, my husband was kissing my hands one night (as you do) and I hadn't warned him I was wearing it. Ruined the mood somewhat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 15 Jun. 2011
Cannot believe it but after 5 years of thumb sucking my daughter has not sucked her thumb since the day we started using Marvala STOP.
Be warned it is disgusting and even when carefully applied I got some on my hand and it took a couple of days to get rid of it, the taste was on everything!!! We tried 4 other products which my daughter became accustomed to and even sucked them off!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly horrible stuff and works wonders for stopping nail biting, 29 Mar. 2015
This is truly horrible stuff and works wonders for discouraging nail biting. It's bitter and totally obnoxious.

Have been biting my nails for over 40 years now and have to say this stuff actually works.

I've tried several other products over the years but none have been quite so obnoxious as this one, so 11 out of 10 if you genuinely want to stop biting your nails.

If the manufacturer is reading these posts is there any way to make the coating less shiny - as in more matt in appearance?

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely disgusting- works a treat!, 12 July 2012
So i left off writing this review for a month- just to see if it really really works. Warning- I've now become a nail-bore, having bought this bottle of nasty magic, invested in a nail file (recommend Leighton Denny large file bought on Amazon as well), I now gaze at my wonderful new nails, thinking why haven't i done this before?! So this product works because it is so incredibly unpleasant to taste- a little brush of my nail against my lips or mouth with this on- and I was spitting (no delicate way to put that- sorry!) for a while. Of course you get used to it, but it's still yuck enough to remind you not to get your fingers near your mouth. I used to bite them a lot while reading, and that combined with an increased commute and my Kindle meant they were chewed to the quick. Not attractive. The Mavala STOP is pretty (dare I say it) Mavala-s. Words of caution- pizza, wraps, even fruit must be eaten with care, and any food preparation approached with caution- nothing is finger lickin' good with this stuff on! Application is very easy- goes on clear, shiny when wet, almost matt when dry. I leave it on for 3 or 4 days before reapplying. It is exciting to have pretty nails - i started biting them when i was about 8, so don't remember the last time they looked nice. Must stop evangelising about this product now. Did I mention I'm a newly-born nail-bore?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, 14 Jun. 2013
Definitely does the job, the taste is foul, which helps, and left my nails looking great and grew well. You must put it on every other day and would suggest a good few months use to bear the nail biting habit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says - though you need to be committed as well!, 13 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Mavala Stop - 10ml (Personal Care)
I used this because, at the age of 21, I thought it was probably time to stop sucking my thumb. I've tried everything; plasters, thumb rings, other forms of nail varnish. But with a bit of will power, this has worked incredibly well; i've pretty much stopped! The only thing stopping it from getting a 5* rating is that it fades quite quickly so you have to apply it every other day or so but as it was only to one nail for me, I still didn't use a whole lot nor did it take much effort.