4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected
Published on 26 Sep 2010 by HolzC

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
I bought this for my Dr Who fanatic younger sister as a birthday present and was very disappointed when I received it. I had just paid 30 for an unsatisfactory novelty. Arriving a day before her birthday, I had no time to send it back and was just hoping that she'd like it.

Published on 25 April 2012 by js-sj

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 26 Sep 2010
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)
My nephew desperately wanted this for his birthday. I read two reviews before purchasing - one good and one very bad, so I was a bit anxious about it. We opened it today and it's fantastic. It looks just like the journal in 'The Family of Blood'and unlike another reviewer I found the pages perfectly legible. Those few words that aren't are there for effect. It's supposed to have ink blotches and sketches and is supposed to be a notebook of what he can remember from his dreams. This is exactly what you get. My newphew is very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreams of the Doctor, 3 April 2010
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)
This book featured in the Doctor Who Series is a childs dream...its like owning a piece of Time Lord history.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 25 April 2012
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)

The book was very small (as stated), arriving in tacky Toys R Us style plastic packaging, which I made sure removed before giving. It was made of very cheap feeling 'leather style' with a big and brash "Made in China" white stamp on the inside cover - classy. The ring was also a very cheap hollow plastic thing which you would imagine getting out of a cracker.

The pages inside we're graphically pleasing - the handwriting and the illustrations were interesting and like the program, however, they were clearly printed (as stated), looking like something I could have done on my own printer at home and a bit of Photoshop.

For a toy, for a young child, maybe it would be passable - my sister didn't seem to mind these faults as much as me (at least not to my face) - but this is definitely not worth 30.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor who, 2 May 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)
Bought this for my Daughter, she is a big Dr Who fan. I gave it to her at Christmas time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good journal, 2 Nov 2011
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)
This is a complete object, very faithfull to the show. The only thing I could reproach to it is that sometimes it's very difficult to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great detail, 15 Oct 2011
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)
The book itself has some nice details and feels great to hold. It was a bit smaller than I expected but that would probably work better for the children. However I guess it can't have much durability given it still only a book. And the writing is hard to read, sometimes very hard, which can't be easy for children. But I like the strange writing and the added pictures. It makes the book one you could study for hours.
The included ring is one the other hand more of a toy, it's small and feels rather plastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Who journal, 29 Mar 2011
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)
Bought as a gift for my little brother who is a big fan of doctor who, he really likes it. Overall good product, clear pages with good images as seen in the doctor who series,however is smaller than what it looks in the photo, but overall a good item that i would reccommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fine as a note book, 2 Jun 2010
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)
I had hoped that the writing in the book would be legible. There were spelling errors and I was disappointed. The plastic ring was disappointing too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dr Who Diary, 29 Jun 2011
Jag53 (Wellington, NZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things (Toy)
Purchased for my step daughter who is an avid Dr Who fan. Liked the diary but found it was a little small and couldn't read the writing. If you could get a bigger version I think I would.

Doctor Who The Journal Of Impossible Things