5.0 out of 5 stars Classy, roomy and packed with features, 10 April 2012
This review is from: Cooler Master CM 690 II Advanced - mid tower - ATX [PC] (Personal Computers)
I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon but this case I purchased elsewhere on a special.
I am an avid computer desktop enthusiast although I'm not a Gamer (except Microsoft flight)

Comes with typical Cooler Master quality and attention to detail
Mid-tower size. i.e. will accept a full-size ATX motherboard
Space for plenty of case fans with front back and top 120mm fans pre-installed.
All the fittings, screws, standoffs, cable-ties etc you could ever want are supplied.
Space for four optical drives and six hard drives
Space for massive display card(s) with support bracket supplied.
Adaptor for 2.5" HDD or SSD
5.25" to 3.5" drive adaptor brackets.
Designed for cable management behind m/board panel.
Blue LED on front fan - (for gamers!!)
Top-mounted I/O panel - headphone/mic, 2 X USB, 1 X eSATA, On/Off, Reset, LED switch.
Top-mounted 2.5" hard drive dock - just slide off the cover and plug in the drive - great feature.

Having owned other Cooler Master cases before, I am a big fan.
This case is no exception - with the discreet chrome trim and the mesh panelling IT LOOKS VERY CLASSY

4.0 out of 5 stars Cooler Master CM 690 Modification for non-stock coolers on Intel Boards, 27 Sept. 2011
This is a terrific case, especially if you intend on building a "Power" system. The construction is excellent and solid. I'm not fussy about bling, and the debonair sophistated look of this case struck me as more Sinatra than Sonita.

My previous case, a dinosaur now, was devoid of case fans and resulted in me leaving the side panel off permanently to allow for the heat generated by the CPU and GPUs. The fans that come with theis case are three charmers, one of them is a real shiner. I am putting an i7 CPU (O/C to 4.3mhz) and a chunky NVidia GPU on a Z68 Motherboard into the new case. This will probably top-out at around 1 KW (should keep me warm during the winter).

The final cherry on the cake as it were, is a Noctura 240 CPU Cooler. This is a real deep freezer in its class but comes with the penalty of being large enough to house a couple of gerbils. The case just loves it, giving it a far from a snug fit (although the gerbils suffer from real bed-head when to fans are running full pelt). Oh, by the way, the installed motherboard is an extended ATX form factor, bigger than the average, and the case, once again, was more than accomodating.

My reason for holding back from the five star award for the case is this: the non-stock cooler that I am installing, comes with a backplate which is common with most good (non-water cooled) high efficiency coolers. This back plate sits behind the mobo and bolts through it, but it is too thick to fit between the mobo and the internal case wall. There is a manufacturers hole in the wall which is intended to provide access for mounting such a backplate, but it is partially in the wrong position for my intended build. This has resulted in me needing to take tin-snips too extend the hole. Not a problem for me, but if anyone out there intends to build a similar system, then they might want to check out the Amazon hardware shop and order a pair with this case if they don't already own some.

Anyway, if you fancy a slightly sinister looking, cool(both temperature and ergonomics) Midi Tower Case and you have silly money to throw around, well this is your baby. I say that knowing that if you have read this far, then you are slightly freaky and money is the last thing on your mind. (if, in fact, you have a mind!)

So, in conlclusion, my therapist tells me that it doesn't matter how many psychiatrists you have available to change a light-bulb, the light-bulb has got to want to change!!!!!

PS, I bought a second one of these from Amazon for my son - he uses it to keep his beer in!