4.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin
The built model consists of an engine and 3 carriages which look pretty good and accurate to the film, and can be happily wheeled along by a child. Together with the figures gives my 4 year old plenty of imaginative play. He's used the train nearly everyday and does not seem disappointed.

For me the construction has too many pieces and steps although each step...
Published on 30 Dec 2010 by Jamie and Jake's Dad

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time and money
I bought this toy for my son as he is a huge fan of toy story and always enjoys playing with his other lego sets. Unfortunately, the lego set is only about a third the size of the box, took quite a while to put together and falls apart at the slightest touch. After paying so much for it I was extremely disappointed. It is now gathering dust in the corner of my sons...
Published on 4 Dec 2010 by suzanne

4.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin, 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)

For me the construction has too many pieces and steps although each step is simple enough. The reality is we probably won;t ever break it apart for fear of losing the small pieces. There's approx. 20 steps to each carriage and approx. 40-50 pieces (why is the floor of each carriage built from 20-30 pieces?). The reality is that the construction bears little resemblance to the construction problems kids will need to tackle later in life (but that's what you get with lego).

The engine falls apart regularly at a couple of weak points.

However overall it's giving good entertainment, keeping him quiet and fuelling his own story lines.

4.0 out of 5 stars Toy Story Train, 3 Jan 2012
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
The train is great although a little advanced at times for my 4 year old (and YES I do realise that it states for 7-14). However, great fun has been had by son and Daddy and it fits the tracks for the other lego train stuff. Although the toy is great, it was the service that was provided by TOY ATTIC. With 5 days to go to Christmas, I opened the package to discover that it was the Duplo version and not the product that I had ordered. This was my sons most important present in his eyes so I am sure you can understand the devastating feelings going through my head, I mean we had even travelled to see Santa and told him that a Toy Story Train was the perfect present. When I spoke to Amazon, they were not helpful at all! They palmed me off with all sorts of excuses and said that this would not be possible to deliver to us before Christmas. They could not even give me the number of the sellers or the address. So, with a little detective work and going to companies house I found the number. I spoke to the manger of the TOY ATTIC the next day and to my wonderfully pleasant surprise he stated that he would send it to get to us before Christmas. I was overjoyed and cannot recommend the TOY ATTIC enough......they are simply wonderful and although the mistake was theirs they made up for it with every effort

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to our Lego collection, 8 Jan 2011
lewpylew (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
My 7 year old son was lucky enough to get this train for his 7th birthday back in December. He managed to build it with help from my boyfriend as some parts were a little tricky as he is only now getting the confidence to try and make things on his own.

The carriages/engine have small magnets in which attach to each other which is great as you can play with the engine and 1/2 or 3 carriages. Nice characters come with this set - but the only downside it is slightly fragile so best played with on the floor and not moved around too much!

A great addition to our ever growing Lego collection :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Lego set for any Toy Story fan, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
My son is crazy about Lego and Toy Story so this set was perfect for him and now he has got a bit older my youngest is enjoying it. It is great for any Lego fan and really looks like the train from Toy Story. It's nice and easy to make and is a great addition to other Lego sets.

Worth it's 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 5 May 2013
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
I keep singing the praises of Lego. Never had an item that wasn't good. Buy it of choose a different piece, either way you will be happy

4.0 out of 5 stars we like lego, 29 May 2011
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
you all know lego. this is a good combination of making and Toy Story toys once its finished. The front wheel bogey does come off rather easily, but generally a success

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition, 26 Dec 2010
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
Bought this for my 5yr old daughter who loves lego and toy story. Over the moon and already hours of great play. Took about 1hr to put it all together (10-15mins for the carriages and a bit longer for the actual train). So far stayed together brilliantly. Probably wouldn't say it was worth paying £80 for which we almost did at Legoland but at £55 it is worth it. Shame the lego Woody and Jessie are a bit bigger than normal lego characters but otherwise fits in well with everything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great details, 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
This is an outstanding train set, it really looks like the train in the movies. The colours are vivid, the details are amazing and it glides smoothly on the RC tracks. I wish it came with instructions to motorize it but I'll try to do it on my own. The only problem is that I don't think that they've put much effort on Buzz, he looks a bit disproportional and boring compared to the other characters.
Ps.: If well-built, it won't fall apart like stated in other comments.

5.0 out of 5 stars toy story train, 9 Jan 2011
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
great toy lots of fun a bit fiddly to build,we got it at cheeper price, would'nt pay full price far to expencive,but over all good fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun, 28 Sep 2012
T. Howarth (UK) - See all my reviews
= Durability:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase (Toy)
We got this for my son's 6th b'day in June and he loves it. He is autistic and has recently discovered the ordered, controlled fun of building lego following the instructions. He spent the summer holidays building it in the day, instructing us to take it apart each night, rebuilding the next day. repeat to fade! There's enough to entertain but not too much as be daunting and the instructions are very clear and comprehensive (even mummy can manage it!). He now has a wish list of other pieces in the range! For children who want to build with instuctions rather than creatively free-build sets such as these are far more played with than big boxes of assorted pieces. He loves it, so I love it.

LEGO Toy Story 7597 Western Train Chase