5.0 out of 5 stars Before Her Eyes
Am nearly finished reading everything I can find written by Rebecca Forster. Absolutely great. Can't wait for some more. Thanks.
Published 9 months ago by sue

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed
I have read other Rebecca Forster books and enjoyed them, but this one started ok, although I felt it was a little dragged out. The ending however was not good, it just left me flat and left me thinking "what was that all about"
Published 11 months ago by Susan Watkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Before Her Eyes, 4 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed, 5 Nov 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Ms Forster's best, 21 Jun 2013
Mrs. Marion A. Bowles (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy) (Kindle Edition)
I have read several of Rebecca Forster's books and enjoyed them. However this one I found laborious with a disappointing end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daisydown, 2 Jun 2013
This review is from: Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy) (Kindle Edition)
I would like to have given this book five stars but there were quite a few typos. A gritty tale with characters that encourage you to read on. Like all Rebecca Forster's books I just wanted to keep on reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars must read, 29 May 2013
This review is from: Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy) (Kindle Edition)
I could not put this book down, fantastic read, kept me on the edge of my seat, gripping story line would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 11 May 2013
This review is from: Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy) (Kindle Edition)
great book lots of suspense with twist and turns has a great ending that will surprise you with sad bits as well

3.0 out of 5 stars Hopefully the first of a series to build on rich potential, 11 July 2011
This review is from: Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy) (Kindle Edition)
Being a fan of mystery and thrillers I was very pleased when I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review it. The product description of a sheriff in a mountain community out to solve a murder and find a missing woman has overtones of Fargo and Christopher Nolan's Insomnia. Gritty thrillers where the bleak location lurks in the background.

Before Her Eyes is not a gritty thriller but more of a spiritual one. One that divides its characterisations too thin. Throughout the story the two main characters are laid out to draw sympathy from the reader. One partially succeeds, but is stopped from getting the full emotional buy in that is deserved. This is due to the irritation caused by the other character, who comes over as selfish and whiny. Both characters have had difficult pasts, but self-obsession from one of them makes it hard to care.

The mountain and it's community is only hinted at in this book, but hopefully this is the first in a series which will explore crime in a remote community and the people within it.

A final preference from me would be for the removal of underlining of words throughout the novel. This did not emphasise the importance of a moment in the book but insulted me instead. Each time it was done it I felt like I was being told I was too stupid to notice an important point. I'm hoping this is a formatting glitch as the authors writing is solid and does not need parlour tricks like this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy) (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend rebecca forster.i really enjoyed reading all her thiller books. Can'put them down

4.0 out of 5 stars A thriller of a tale, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy) (Kindle Edition)
I wanted to give this book 5 stars, but unfortunately there were quite a few typos. I wasn't detracted from the overall story though, which was excellent and kept me engrossed from beginning to end. Written in the 1st and the 3rd person, it gave a realism to the unfolding story. The characters were interesting, and believable, all with their own demons; and the location brought to mind with vivid clarity. The plot twisted and turned throughout and each time I thought I had it sussed, it went off in a different direction. The ending was a complete surprise. I received a complimentary copy of this book and just want to say thank you and well done, a great read, would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read: prepare to engage Dove's mountain!, 8 July 2012
The Kindle Book Review (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy) (Kindle Edition)
Dove is the Sheriff and along with the victim of a kidnapping, Tessa Bradley, they take you on a twist and turn journey from beginning to end. This book did have a couple of typos within it, but nothing major and the story is exquisite.

The characters are all tortured souls, all dealing with their own demons and secret pain, and it makes this book so interesting, and this is aside from the main plot! The main plot is of Dove's friend Fritz, who is shot dead in his own store, and an ex-model from the big city (Tessa) is kidnapped. The story switches between two viewpoints. From following Dove on his determined path to find the killer and rescue the woman, with whom he has a 'feel' for and can sense along his journey, it changes to Tessa's own words as she struggles to find her own path to self-forgiveness, battling her own demons and finding her way home. I could foresee a couple of the story lines, but most of them were well woven and did not give up the secrets till near the end, and the final piece of the puzzle was so well hidden I was shocked!
I don't lie spoiler reviews but I have to say - read this book, it's well worth it, if I could have given it higher than 5, I would have.

Dove is a hero, a tortured bear of a man who was a great character to delve into, and Tessa haunted me after the last page.

I shall be reading more of Forster's work in the near future. A must read for any fans of great thriller writing.

Rachel Dove
The Kindle Book Review

Before Her Eyes (Thriller/Fantasy)