5.0 out of 5 stars Super Frame Control
Published on 2 May 2010 by Julian Mildren

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you have the time to configure it.
Published 10 months ago by Lee OSullivan

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Frame Control, 2 May 2010
Julian Mildren "jools23" (Plymouth, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
Super piece of kit - works fine with Pinnacle Studio (11,12 and 14) and Adobe Premiere (Pro, CS3 and CS4 - just about to try it on CS5). All the buttons come pre-configured with the supplied software - but you can modify buttons to do just about anything. The feel of the jog-wheel and centre frame control is just superb reminds me of some of the up-market Sony edit controllers of old.

If you're even semi-serious about editing, you have to try one of these - it's so good I've recommended it to a whole bunch of people - several of my customers have also bought them - you have to make a really big decision though - when editing you invariably need your mouse as well - I found I used the Shuttlepro with my left hand and the mouse with my right - but then I'm a right-hander!

EXCELLENT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
I've done digital video editing for years starting with simple Roxio software on the Pc and moving up to iMovie and Final Cut Pro on my Mac. I've always been happy using a combination of mouse and keyboard presses to create my masterpieces, unaware that there might be any better or easier way to do things.

A while back though, I was brought the Contour Shuttle for a birthday present and it has been a revelation to me. While I found it at first a bit tiresome to program the buttons to do different tasks (and even managed to change my mind as to what features I needed them to do on occasion), I am now able to quickly navigate my way around my software with ease. The jog shuttle control is similar to the ones on old video recorders in that you can fast forward and rewind through your video quickly and easily, but also the inner also wheel gives you the ability to easily navigate to individual frames, much easier than using just a mouse once you get used to it. It is already set up to use certain applications so you may get away without needing to reprogram it.

The cool thing is that you use this in your left hand alongside your mouse, so as you point and click, you always have your presets and precise tools ready with your left hand. I'm impressed with how well made it feels, and it makes you feel like a professional as you work. Highly recommend if you like to edit videos on your computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent 10/10, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
BEST piece of harware and software I have bought in years this controller can be used to control anything on a computer
great for surfing , ms word,excel,publisher etc, firefox,reaper (DAW), photoshop elements, if you can do it on a keyboard or a mouse you can do it on this.Very comprhensive and extensive piece of software. ONce you get to grips with the program you will be programming it for everything. you can set the buttons differently for each program you use so when you open up say photoshop it switches to buttons you have programmed into it automatically.comes with a lot of presets cakewalk, sonar,video editing programs etc. I am sure this will work with games as well but i havent tried yet. it has great marcro capabilities just about everything under sun is covered and probably more extensive controls than some gaming pads etc. the scroll wheel works brilliantly and is as smooth or as fast as you want. Works very well with my digital audio workstation which is Reaper and it speeds up the workflow no end. With a mouse in one hand and this in the other you will not need the keyboard near as much as before.
The only negative isn't a negative really just wished it had more buttons....maybe the next version v3 will be bigger and have lots more buttons and would be great if illuminated please! Gaming manufacturers beware....this could be the next kid on the block ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy!, 12 Jun 2014
Mr. Lnf Maitland (Bath UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
If you use short cut keys a lot and are prepared to put the time in to get used to learning this then I think you will use it all the time. I primarily use it in Illustrator but also in Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects. The design is extremely comfortable. Being able to assign modifier keys then use them in conjunction with the jog wheel is incredible. The driver is intelligently designed with low cpu usage. I also enjoyed customising the look of the buttons by drawing on to the blank provided stickers.

If this broke I definitely buy another as I would struggle with out it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely, slightly more nicely on Mac, 13 Jan 2014
G. J. Krupa "GJK" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
It does pretty much what you'd expect. It adds a number of programmable buttons, a jog wheel and a shuttle ring that can be turned clockwise or anti-clockwise to 7 different extents. All functions can be programmed including the shuttle ring positions and transitions (e.g. execute one action when going to position 1 left and then execute something else as long as the ring stays in that position).

Having used it on both Windows and Mac I'd say the software is just a little bit more advanced and intuitive on the Apple platform as well as being bundled with more pre-created profiles. Both platforms were lacking the latest Adobe CC apps but these could easily be cloned from CS5/6. Be careful with the Mac driver though - you must download the correct one for your version of OSX. It took 3 or 4 complete system crashes before I realised I'd installed the wrong version of the driver - it's not very clearly labelled on the web site. It's also worth checking their support forum as it has links to slightly newer drivers than the download page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent device, 14 Dec 2013
G. Harrop - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
I bought this for use with Final Cut Pro X . And I am very pleased with the way the shuttle pro integrates seamlessly with it.the product came with a cd , but the software on it was out of date and I recommend going to their web site and downloading the latest drivers and instruction book.

The thing that surprised me was just how many different template settings for other software come with the latest update,it cover many media creation apps like logic, Ableton live etc. but I had not expected it to have any use in things like safari, mail ,contacts , chrome etc.etc.. But it does, and the very clever aspect is you do not have do any switching to make it work with each app, it does it automatically, so if you have several programs open at the same time it automatically adapts to which ever window you have live at that moment....very neat!

It is also very easy to modify any of the button's actions to suit your own preferences.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great if you have the time to configure it., 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
I'm full-time editor and I bought this item to try and save a little time. However, once I have set it up I have found that I hardly use it at all. I admit that the reason is that I have been so used to using a keyboard for the past 7-8 years. I would only recommend this item if you are just starting out editing. I liked the shuttle wheel, and it is easy to configure, but by the time I think about using it again, I have forgotten which buttons I programmed for which operation.

It is a robust piece of kit that does look rather cool next to your keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves time..., 22 Mar 2013
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
Much less mouseclicks with preset functions. Cutting and trimming is so much faster with this item. It works fine with other software than Veges Pro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Puts you in control!, 10 Jun 2011
Ricky Wood ""the critic"" (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
The shuttle was delivered on time and in good condition. I do a lot of wedding video work and this in the short time I have had it, has proved to be well worth the money. It makes both movie and slideshow editing much easier and quicker to perform. I use it in conjunction with a wireless scroll mouse and find for the most part, my keyboard has become almost redundant. I say almost as I still need the keyboard for titling and naming files, etc; My preferred choice of editing software is Sony Vegas, along with Sony DVD Architect and Sony Sound Forge Audio. The control works well with these programs. Would highly recommend this shuttle to others who need a good editing tool, but cant afford the more expensive deck type editing controllers. Its very slim and fits nicely under my left hand while editing. Like other reviewers, I have customized the buttons to suit my own style of editing.

Update! 23.02.2013

Just recently I noticed the ShuttlePro was cutting on and off which I eventually discovered was down to the connecting cable. Today it has packed in completely! Question now is, would Contour supply me with a replacement cable which I could fit myself, as the cable terminates in a small plug to fit the circuit board. If not it would mean having to shell out for a new ShuttlePro! The unit it self is still in good condition and seems a waist to have to throw it away. Moving this unit into place each time for use has for me shown up the only weak point and that is the cable. Otherwise has been a damn good unit, which over time has helped to speed up the editing process. Would still recommend to others!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 16 Nov 2010
Robert White (Poole, Dorset, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black (CD-ROM)
The Contour Design Shuttle Pro V.2 is excellent, it was very easy to set up and very intuitive to use, we are very pleased indeed, it has been well worth spending the money!

Contour Design ShuttlePRO V.2 - Black