Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£9.64+ £1.26 shipping

on 27 March 2010
I must admit when it comes to extreme metal I'm usually a bit wary, as my tastes tend to lean to the more melodic side of metal, but this album (although poundingly heavy almost throughout) has depth, melody and atmosphere in spades (as did their previous album, Theogonia).

I would recommend this to fans of heavy music generally. Although I will agree with the previous reviewer that there is a lot going on, with traditional Greek music thrown into the mix, I would argue that this adds to, rather than detracts from, the overall effect. The album flows possibly better than its predecessor, topped off by a delightfully creepy conclusion by Diamanda Galas.

Even after some pretty spot on releases this year by bands more usually to my tastes (Gamma Ray, Dark Tranquillity & Finntroll to name but 3), I won't be surprised if I look back on Aealo as the best release of 2010.
on 6 July 2013
As a follower from the early days, I've grown a lot into this new album. It is different, but it's amazing: dark, atmospheric, engaging. I am still enjoying it to the fullest after many months listening to it. A must buy from Rotting Christ.
on 28 November 2014
Atmospheric, bombastic, meaty, and well produced. This album is a collection of truly masterful pieces of music that fill the mind's eye with all sorts of epic imagery. If you like Septic Flesh, you'll love this.
on 6 February 2014
Black Metal at its' best! Too many such bands are just a wall of noise but this is eclectic and very accessible, enjoy!
on 13 September 2015
Great product fast delivery
on 24 September 2012
Not really my kind of music, this was bought as a gift for someone. I have had the chance to hear (and see) it though and found it very interesting but for me, a little goes a long way !
on 23 February 2010
3 years gone by since the last album Rotting Christ released (Theogonia). Theogonia was a great album for Rotting Christ as they achieved great success out of it. Here we have their new work called AEALO (Latin language, which means rage, hatred etc...).

Here we are dealing with the heaviest and the fasted Rotting Christ album up to date and I was extremely happy to listen to their new work as I am a die-hard fan from the early career.

Musically AEALO stays in the same direction as the previous album and also it boroughs different musical ideas from the songs used in the movie "300". This album fells like it is a direct copy and paste of Theogonia with minor chances here and there. Notice "Noctis Era" is nearly the same as "Enuma Elish" (from Theogonia). Finally a lot of songs are filled up with a lot of effects; vocals and guitars audio lines which confuse the listener and the songs become boring.

Songs that stand out are "Aealo", "Noctis Ear" and "Fire Death And Fear". As a die hard fan I am unhappy of this Rotting Christ album, as for new fans that loved Theogonia will love this album.