5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my goodness.
This book was very good. I cried at the end. It had pure emotion and feelings in it and it was very well written. Although it isn't the longest or happiest of books, it is really up to standard and keeps you on your toes the entire time. I had difficulty in putting it down, and I REALLY recommend this.
Published on 6 Jun. 2012 by Cheylea

1.0 out of 5 stars Drivel
Published 12 months ago by Chrissie

1.0 out of 5 stars Drivel, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I have never reviewed a book before but felt I had to as this is possibly the worst book I have ever read. Everything in it completely defies logic. It started out pretty good in the first five or six paragraphs, apart from those awful flowery sentiments then just went over the cliff like a lemming. Why on earth would Roger do what he did and then end up being 'America's Most Wanted'.....Why? He discharged himself from hospital to find the 'love of his life with her radiating smile and glowing eyes' or whatever and stole a car...Hardly a hanging offence or maybe it was because he stole someones trousers at the hospital that were way too short for him. Strange that he managed to find his way home and where the spare keys were hidden but seemed to have selective memory loss as to where his wardrobe was to change into something more fitting so to speak...........and then embark on a stupid trip to find his wife. What was the point in retracing his steps from the night before when it was more than obvious to even the most ignoramous that the accident on the bridge was the cause. Even when the daft man (and him a stockbroker!!)realised his SUV was in the accident, he still had to go back to the restaurant and go through the most stupid lengths to talk to the server. WHAT??? I could go on and on as I am actually incensed that this tosh actually got printed and what I found remarkable is that there were people MAD enough to give it 5 stars. It pains me that I have to give it 1 star but alas, no zero option. OK, it was free on kindle but will I ever get my wasted time back?????????? I am so sorry Jonathan but please quit writing and start flipping burgers!! Harsh, but true!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been really good. Reads like a script of a made-for-TV movie, 30 Nov. 2011
Roroblu's Mum "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
The premise sounded good, but the beginning was so stilted and then changed tack that I had to go back and re-read, then I realised that the start had been a daydream. So, I stayed with it, but I didn't get much emotion between the husband and wife, which made me wonder about their relationship, but the tale itself was meant to be about love and commitment, so I read on.

Following a car accident on their wedding anniversary, Lois is catapulted from the car into a river and Roger is trapped. We're told that they're taken to different hospitals, where 'Roger' comes to, confused, but cognisant that he has has to find her, and he escapes from the hospital, meeting and interacting with a series of people on his quest.

Meanwhile, Lois is in a coma, but detectives have pieced things together and realise who she is, and then try to find Roger...

Ok, I can see how the author meant for this to be all about enduring love, but for me, it didn't work as I didn't get to know enough about the characters and I for one though that their relationship was self-serving, self-centred and almost artificial. Like if it had been set in a more 'real' world with people who had to go to work to be able to afford their lives, they wouldn't be a couple. So, I didn't feel the emotions and commitment the author meant, or which I think at least he meant, to convey.

I finished it, but didn't feel for it or enjoy it, and I felt that it might have worked better in a visual format e.g. a made-for-TV movie. There is a point to my last comment - I can't say more, as it would spoil the tale. It attempted to be clever, but like I said, in print it didn't quite pull it off.

Overall, could have been better if visual, not a book, but kind of ok-ish if you have nothing better to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my goodness., 6 Jun. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Tragically beautiful, 19 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
When I first downloaded this I half expected the usual romantic down on his luck business man makes good, not so a tale of love, tragedy and consequences of misinterpretation in a modern day version of Romeo and Juliet, poignant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read, 9 Feb. 2013
Ms. J. E. V. Chant (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I though the way this book was written really good! I loved reading and it was a definite page turner. The ended shocked me and was not what I thought would happen, but it's definitely a thinker!

2.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't really sure where this was going, and it doesn't really go anywhere. Not much of a point to it

2.0 out of 5 stars No one's first novel is their best, 24 May 2014
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I believe this is the first novel by this author and as no one creates their best work at their first attempt the reader should keep this in mind. The novel is referred to as a thriller by the author, but I would put it in the romance category. It also boasts 100,000 downloads, but that could be because it is offered for free over a long period of time.

It is the story of Roger and Lois Belkin and how an accident changes their lives. I imagine the detective is meant to be central to the story as it is meant to be a thriller, but I found him limited to the margins.

There is also the charge, by previous reviewers, that it is over written. I can only assume the writer meant that there is too much information, the writer has not been selective enough. "A battered man wanders in the pouring rain. He is tall and wears and expensive black suit that is drenched with the sky's tears. His footsteps splash on the cold, hard ground as he staggers down the center yellow line of the city street." The man is hurt and walking somewhere in the rain. These are the important facts and although I love to use description myself, there is too much of it here and it does not add to the atmosphere. The reader has already been told it's raining, we don't need the puddles as well. Why do we need to know the man is tall? Why does that make a difference? What does it add to the story at this point? The expensive suit,possibly could allude to his status, but again do we need to know this at this point?

I would love to see a later novel offered for free instead. As a less than glowing reputation, once established, puts people off paying for your work in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Story, 2 April 2013
Clouded Rainbow - Jonathan Sturak

`Clouded Rainbow' follows Roger Belkin; he is married to Lois and is an investment manager, with everything going for him. That is until a tragic traffic accident rips the husband and wife apart and sends Roger on a twisting journey to find his wife again.

This fantastic book is very cleverly written and keeps the reader enticed throughout. The storyline is very well thought out and is quite a brilliant piece of writing overall as it manages to combine excitement, sadness, happiness and heartbreak all in one go. The story develops at a very good pace; you definitely won't get bored while reading this one. I couldn't put this book down, and read the entire thing in a matter of 24 hours!

Without giving too much away, I did shed a few tears, especially at the end of this story. It's really a love story with a twist; such twists and turns throughout the entire book ensure that the story remains unpredictable and a very good read. The emotion and feelings written in `Clouded Rainbow' are raw and very realistic. The characters are relatable and draw you in to the point that you quickly become entwined in the lives of these interesting people.

I don't think I've felt quite so attached and involved with characters in a book for a long time. The detail of the accident and Roger's love for his wife is truly inspiring and makes for a heartwarming and touching story.

I would definitely recommend this brilliant book to anyone looking for a leisurely read of a romantic novel, although due to its enticing nature you may want to reserve it for a long journey or holiday read, as I'm sure you won't be able to put it down! I look forward to reading more work by Mr. Sturak in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars oh dear, 8 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
I just cannot imagine who wrote the reviews saying it was excellent, did they read a different book or does the author have many friends? It begins with a man who has been married eleven years but can't wait to get home and make love to his wife; this is supposed to show us how much he loves her. In reality the kind of love you feel after being married eleven years is about something a bit deeper than lust and sadly is unlikely to include lust, it all sounded as though a schoolboy wrote it. After an accident on the way home from a romantic meal of lasagne and Lambrusco (in a top restaurant) the couple are sent to separate hospitals. When the husband awakes, having lost his memory, instead of waiting to ask the hospital staff how he came to be there he rushes out in stolen clothes and steals a car to look for his wife. Then it just gets really silly, he is mistaken for a hobo because the clothes don't fit and he gets into more and more difficulties which he can't avoid as he can't go home because the police have discovered the stolen car and have taken it. The author has presumably forgotten that the husband has a very good relationship with his sister-in-law and could just phone her to bring money, clothes, another car, in fact everything he needs to find his wife instead of walking about for miles and being thrown out of restaurants as a hobo. It is truly farcical, I thought maybe the end would redeem it but that was just even more ridiculous!

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, terrible book, 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Clouded Rainbow (Kindle Edition)
This book is appalling, I can't believe I've actually wasted hours of my life reading this. Interesting idea but badly written, unbelievable storylines. I know its free but i feel like I've been robbed.

Clouded Rainbow