5.0 out of 5 stars Another awesome masterpiece from the Scorpions!!
I don't know where to start with this review. First I want to say that I can't believe a band this awesome will not be making any other albums after this. I just couldn't believe it when I read about it. Bands like Scorpions need to be around and make true rock music! We need this more than ever!! It's so heartbreaking to know this. I really hope they will change their...
Published on 29 Mar 2010 by Joy

2.0 out of 5 stars POOR PACKING
THE PACKING WAS VERY POOR.
ONE OF THE CORNER WAS BADLY BEND AND THE COVER NO LONGER VALUABLE.
IT IS NOW WORSE THAN MANY USED VINYLS THAT I HAVE PURCHASED.
Published 9 months ago by jasonemj

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock album lesson, 15 Aug 2011
Rhubarb Pie (Oxfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
My son is studying guitar at university and is gigging in a couple of bands. I referred this album to him as a lesson in putting a rock album together. Not just rhino stun volume at a full gallop like Airbourne, but some lush ballads too. All the hallmarks of their trade spliced together in an album that sounds so fresh. What a way to finish your career! My children know all the words now and sing along, and even request I play the album. The only other band I recall having this honour before was Nazareth.

5.0 out of 5 stars leur meilleur disque après blackout et love at first sting, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
après 40 ans de carrière une très bonne surprise et un album pêchu contrairemet à Iron Maiden qui fait pitié avec leurs derniers disques.
Il y a 1-2 titres convenus(let's rock) et trop de ballades(4)mais une vraie bonne surprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Sting in the Tail, 14 Aug 2010
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
I have been a long-time fan of the Scorps and like most rock bands, they've had their ups and downs.

This album is already my favourite. I've only owned it a few weeks but I keep playing it in the car. There are some really catchy songs here.

Klaus Meine is, in my opinion, the best rock vocalist ever. His voice is stunning on this album, whether it be in one of the superb ballads or one of the hard rockin' tracks.

I won't go through all the tracks individually, but suffice it to say that you won't be disappointed. Until I bought this album, my favourite was 'Blackout'. I rate this as a better album.

I hope that this isn't the last album that the Scorpions record. If it is, they've gone out on a high.

Alastair Bewsher

4.0 out of 5 stars Warmly recommending, 18 July 2010
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
First of all I can say, that I'm not the biggest Scorpions fan in the globe and actually I bought this record to my wife. Perhaps that is the reason, why I've been so positively surprised. This is more rockin' album, than I've get used to hear from them. In 15 songs, yes there's four slow ones, but remembering back, it was Holiday and Still loving you, which made this band so famous as they are, I think. Like said songs are more rock and perhaps when this seems to be their final record in their career, there's been the pleasure to record all the best songs, what's still been undone/not recorded. It is difficult to say, which is the best (or worst) song in this record, because every single song is great! At least I couldn't find any lousy/filling song(s) from it and I can warmly recommend this one, if you happen to like the band even only a little.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Stinging., 28 Mar 2010
This review is from: Sting In The Tail [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Fantastic send-off from the teutonic heroes of metal. The album is hard, heavy, & melodic. Highlights include, 'NO LIMIT', 'RAISED ON ROCK' 'TURN YOU ON', 'LORELEI'...think CRAZY WORLD MEETS 1984's LOVE AT FIRST STING with a slight modern twist. This is pure SCORPIONS, don't expect an overnight sensation, this album takes time to grow, but in my eyes this is a sign of it's quality. Is it their best? No, is it worth it, ABSOLUTELY. It's a stronger record than Humanity or Unbreakable and probably their best since FACE THE HEAT. Buy IT, love IT and GET STUNG....THE VINYL SOUNDS FANTASTIC,no booklet though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbreakable, 11 April 2010
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
I lost the Scorpions during the '90s but then Unbreakable came along and I was reminded of everything I loved about them. I didn't care for the over-produced Humanity album but this picks up where Unbreakable left off. Strong hooks, great performances and production, and another classic-era style album cover. Too many songs with 'rock' in the title maybe but, then again, that hasn't hurt AC/DC. I just wish these guys were getting the same end-of-career plaudits that AC/DC are getting...they deserve it. Rudolf Schenker is up there with Malcolm Young as one of the world's best rhythm guitarists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterpiece!, 24 Mar 2010
This review is from: Sting in the Tail (MP3 Download)
Good old Scorps are back!

First album since Face the Heat which is really good throughout. The Scorps have obviously created some good material since then but the albums have been uneven.
Hour 1 had the potential of being really good, but to many ballads let the album down.

On the contrary Sting in the Tail is the album many have been waiting for since 1993.

Long Live Scorpions

2.0 out of 5 stars POOR PACKING, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sting In The Tail [VINYL] (Vinyl)
THE PACKING WAS VERY POOR.
ONE OF THE CORNER WAS BADLY BEND AND THE COVER NO LONGER VALUABLE.
IT IS NOW WORSE THAN MANY USED VINYLS THAT I HAVE PURCHASED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Without doubt,one of the Scorpions best albums., 22 Jan 2014
N. Fitzgerald (Newtownabbey, Antrim United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
I was always a follower of the Scorpions in and around the late seventies to mid eighties but kind of lost touch with their output since then,but was disappointed to read that they had decided to hang their guitars up after 40 years providing us with such memorable rock songs.
Starting with the final album,i'm checking out their previous catalogue of work,but this 'Sting in the tail' album is a stunner.....it rocks from beginning to end.....it never lets up!!!
The Scorpions riffs are much in evidence as are the brilliant guitar solos provided thanks to Matthis Jabs and Rudolf Schenker and Klaus Meine's vocals have not aged at all,they still sound much as they did at the start of his music career.
The gems on this album are the ballads,with the beautiful and haunting 'Sly' and 'The best is yet to come' being my personal favourites.
If the Scorp's are calling it a day,I can't imagine a finer way to bow out on a high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely AWESOME!!!, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sting In The Tail (Audio CD)
A Great Album by The Scorpions one of my favourite Heavy Rock Bands of all time and this album has everything.
Great Riffs, Great Vocals and most of all a Brilliant Rock Album which i cannot stop playing especially the first track "Raised on Rock"
If i could i would give this album 6 stars, Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker excel themselves on this album and this has to be up there with all the classic Scorpions Albums.
Absolutely AWESOME!!! from start to finish!!!!

Sting In The Tail
Sting In The Tail by Scorpions (Audio CD - 2010)