5.0 out of 5 stars Watchman Sonic Level Monitor
I fitted this sensor to replace an older style version that had become faulty. This sensor fitted straight into the position of the old sensor without needing to drill any holes, so installation was easy. Setting up the sensor was straight forward too. The sensor appears to work well.
Published 20 months ago by MR A J WOODS

1.0 out of 5 stars Back to the dipstick!
Bought this through Rye-oil/Amazon. Had it installed in December 2011. As our tank is very big - 2m deep - even when the monitor was apparently working OK it told us that it was almost empty (1-2 bars on display) when it still has 1000 litres in it; however, we could have adjusted to that, as long as the information was consistent.

However, from 30th January...
Published on 18 May 2012 by LadyMustard

1.0 out of 5 stars Back to the dipstick!, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)

However, from 30th January (approx six weeks after installation)the monitor has been useless. From showing 3 bars (OK) it suddenly flashes red - suggesting the tank is completely empty. At first, fearing we had had a leak or theft we checked the tank with a dipstick and it was over a third full.(Approx 1400 litres) Since then the monitor display veers between showing empty and showing three bars. It alternates a few times an hour. I contacted the seller, Rye Oil, and was promised a call back but none came. Then I got an e mail saying " Im sorry to say We dont manufacture the product, so dont know thats much about trouble shooting." [sic] and suggesting I contact the manufacturer (Kingspan) directly.
I have e-mailed Kingspan but I fear that I might get the same reply as another reviewer. This looks as if it will be an expensive mistake!

July update. In fact I have had no reply from Kingspan at all. They simply refuse to engage. Awful customer service!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Junk, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)
Utter rubbish. Worked fine for about 12 months (the warranty period) then constantly requires a new battery. When replaced it works for a week or so and fails again. Currently beeping periodically and constantly flashing the red light - symptoms not described in the user manual. Given the price, I expect a lot more. These are clearly produced with no quality control by a company with zero customer service - a waste of money and time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)
Of the seven people I know who have a Watchman, none work. All packed up within six months of installation - including my own. It's a total scandal that these things are still on sale.

1.0 out of 5 stars dreadful!, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)
Our plumber installed this in January 2011; by March it had broken. Kingspan the manufacturers refused to replace it without examining it (entailing paying the plumber to take it out, and sending it at my expense) to Northern Ireland where their testing lab is located. It cost a lot in postage. Having tested the 2 components they returned the items with no covering letter, just a factory slip with the words "RX dead, TX dead". Not exactly helpful. I did not know if they were saying they were broken, fixed, replaced or what??? I wrote to them asking for (i) an explanation of what they had found and whether they had replaced the units (ii) my postage and (iii) my plumber's costs. No reply for a month, until I sent a follow up letter. I then got a brush-off letter & a cheque made out for 2 which was supposed to cover the postage but with my name spelt wrong so I could not cash it. I had to pay my plumber again to re-install the units. They clearly could not care less.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 10 Feb 2012
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)
We purchased one of these as it seemed a great idea at the time, no need to walk to the tank to check the contents. Not to be! These units are a brilliant idea until they go wrong. This unit had been working fine for 18 months until the screen went blank and made some silly clicking noise and then it corrected itself. It happened again so I contacted the manufacturers, what a waste of time; they told me to purchase another one:(
Then I got the "Transmission not heard" symbol and then the "No echo Condition" symbol so I started all over and synced the unitss again, what a waste of time and what a waste of money.
The company who make these have a really good product, but their aftersales service is just so bad. So all you out there who have one, your time will come and anyone thinking about getting one, just think about the good old site tube, you can't go wrong.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bah, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)
We tried for weeks, and never managed to get this to work. Is it our tank? Our oil? The airwaves in our garden? Who knows. We gave up on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Watchman Sonic Level Monitor, 28 Dec 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what it said it does on the box, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)
Easy to install fitted into the old watchman recess no cutting out was required.
Paired up the monitor, easy to do, then had to leave it for about 30 minutes until reading was registered.
Would recommend this item.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watchman watches nothing!!, 30 Jan 2013
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)
This is the most frustrating piece of kit I have ever owned. Goes from full to empty over night and has you convinced you have no oil!! Mine presently flashing empty warning, have just dipped tank and oil is a foot deep!!!!! Avoid! mine going in bin now!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Oil tank gauge, 7 Dec 2012
This review is from: Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor (Tools & Hardware)
Up till now it is working very well but all the previous ones of only lasted two year. I would comment on this one in two years time.

Watchman Sonic Oil Level Monitor