on 3 August 2013
Great bit of kit and great service. Called to let me know it was out of stock and to let me know when it would be delivered which was only a few days later. Paired with latest apple extreme ( BT ISP ). Hooked it all up and works perfectly.
on 29 March 2013
I hunted and hunted for a solution to let me use a new router which has PPPoE on board with Sky broadband till I found this, its specifically designed as an ADSL modem which acts as a PPPoA to PPPoE half bridge. Worked straight out of the box (was configured for UK IP common settings). Throughput is pretty much the max my line will give me. Would definitely recommend if you are after a half-bridge for UK use (in plain English letting your router do the authentication, firewall, NAT etc. and the modem just handles the PAD).
on 17 June 2015
It seems that I'm not alone here.

My Vigor 120 worked well for a few years, but became increasingly erratic. By the end it was so flaky that I would access the web interface for it, click a couple of links on it, and then it would randomly stop responding. Similarly I could telnet on, and then suddenly I couldn't, without me having changed anything.

When I contacted Draytek customer support I got fairly far down the road of sending it back for inspection/repair, when I was told that they generally don't repair them because the cost is more than a new one.

These items aren't cheap, and they basically have no moving parts. Looking at the other stories here and on other sites, it seems clear that they have some sort of design fault which leads to eventual failure.

Selling such an unreliable product is dubious in the first place, but designs can be altered and to give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe the newer ones work better. However, for a company not to have a no-questions-asked, out-of-warranty replacement policy when they have such a flaky item is really poor in my book.

I've given up and ordered a D-Link DSL-320B instead. I won't be buying anything else from Draytek.
on 14 November 2010
I bought this to replace a Belkin Wireless G modem that kept dropping the line and leaving downloads and uploads stuck in transit. I use an Apple Time Capsule as my ethernet and wireless router (which gives a much better wireless signal than the Belkin) so all I needed was broadband ADSL2+ modem. Initial setup was a bit hit and miss but still probably only took 60 minutes. My broadband connection is now stable, with very few dropouts and my download speed has increased from 12Mbps (variable) to a rock solid 16.4Mbps. Zen Internet (my ISP) have tested the line and confirmed the improvement since I installed the Draytek.
A great piece of kit. Not the cheapest available but worth the extra cost for the reliable performance and simplicity.
on 12 June 2013
I bought this modem to pair with an Apple Airport extreme. Plugged everything in, fired up the airport extreme utility and added my ISP login details.

Was working within 30 seconds of plugging it in a superb combination with the airport.
on 1 May 2013
Good modem which is an ideal partner for an Apple Time Capsule. I had one for some years which recently failed and tried a couple of cheap modem routers in bridge mode but they were all a couple of meg slower than the Vigor 120 so bought another one. The only reason for 4* not 5 is the price which is high for such a basic unit. Note the cheap units I tried were in £10 price range and this is significantly more.
on 2 December 2012
My experience if it helps anyone - I couldn't get the VPN I needed for work to pass data through using the DrayTek. It is CISCO VPN we use so mainstream stuff. Other guys also had this issue where I work and I'm not aware of anyone solving it so wasn't just me or my settings. The modem has now stopped working after 7 months so I've bought a cheaper TP-Link and it works fine including VPN now. The TP also worked out of the box for me without any setting changes and as a non techie I appreciate that! I'm using them with an Apple airport Extreme.
on 7 December 2012
I bought a Draytek Vigor 110 few years ago and it has been working perfectly. Recently, I added another broadband line and I needed another Ethernet DSL modem to connect to a SonicWall so I bought this item about two months ago.
Unfortunately, the broadband line keep dropping ( about once an hour). I contacted Draytek who asked to upgrade the firmware but it did not help.
I sent it back to Draytek for repair/test.
on 5 August 2013
When this modem worked it did exactly what I needed. A bit of manual tweaking with TCP clamping solved some problems with certain broken web servers.

Unfortunately after less than a year the Ethernet side seemed to become very unreliable. I started to see >50% packet loss just pinging its private IP address. This meant that so many PPPoE packets were being lost that pppd was killing the connection.

After messing about telling me to upgrade firmware (which wasn't going to make any difference since it had worked perfectly before) Draytek RMAd the unit and sent me a new one. That one again worked for just under a year until it failed with exactly the same symptom. Draytek tell me that I'm now out of warranty so they won't replace it again. :(

I bought this device because I wanted something completely reliable and was willing to pay extra for that reliability. It turns out that I should have saved my money. I'm off to try a TP-Link TD-8816 now for a tenner.
on 21 June 2013
Not had one issue in like 2 years, think ive only restarted it once ever....................................
used for external Lan DSL modem