5.0 out of 5 stars New Edition Camper - great buy - hours of fun
This model is the new edition campervan from Playmobil. Bought for my four year old daughter, she has been playing with it non-stop.
With the camper you get a Playmobil family of four as well as bicycles, a picnic set, table chairs and LOTS of teeny parts - knives, forks etc plus there's a good amount of storage space for these inside.
The best part is that the...
Published on 10 Feb 2011 by BabyMarvel

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, but ADULT ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
I bought this for my 5 year old neice's Christmas present.

And she was absolutely thrilled to get it, and has clearly had a huge amount of fun with it. The variety of stuff she can do, with the people, kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms, is brilliant.

Published 18 months ago by Dr. Guy B. Gratton

5.0 out of 5 stars New Edition Camper - great buy - hours of fun, 10 Feb 2011
BabyMarvel (South East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
The best part is that the roof can be lifted off as well as removable side panel.
Our personal favourite is the bathroom/shower :)
As far as I can tell Playmobil 4859 is basically the same as Playmobil - 3647 Family Camper , its simply had a revamp.
Made really well, it provides endless hours of play, great for children's imagination. You won't regret buying it. I'm absolutely thrilled with our purchase; it has been one of my best buys in recent years. Thank you Playmobil!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great... for the right Kid, 2 Dec 2011
S. Glover "Mr G" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
A cracking toy - my 4 year old boy loves it. He has a vivid imagination and looses himself in the detals of play. Cooking dinner, settting up pic-nics etc. Campervan is a toy with si many features, secrest and extras that it keeps entertained for 30 minutes at a time - longer of we get involved too.

It has multiple figures, full kitchen and dining set, chairs, bikes and even a football. imagine going on a campervan holiday and it's in toy form here.

The downside is the number of small (beautifully detailed)accessories that are easily lost and spread around the house. That is the only downside though - it's durable, well made and feels like a quality toy. Then all PlayMobil stuff does.

Advice - unpack and set this up before handing it to the child. it took 40 mins of putting togehter. You don't need that on a birthday or xmas morning!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another quality produce from Playmobile, 14 Jan 2013
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
While I was expecting a Christmas list from my son for swords, pirate stuff, guns and other attack stuff I was surprised to see this on the top of his list!

He opened it for Christmas and then spent the last three weeks playing with it. My daughter aged 3 has already taken a shine to it but is banned from access to it by my son. However school days are long and on occasion she sneaks into his bedroom and quietly sneaks it into hers. It also looks good parked outside her dolls house.

Another fun, with lots of enclosed accessories, robust toy from Playmobile.

Now we are saving up for a real one.

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this toy, 11 July 2012
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
I wasn't sure about buying this for a 6 year old boy but he loves it and it's a great toy to play with together which is all the better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, but ADULT ASSEMBLY REQUIRED, 31 Dec 2012
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
I bought this for my 5 year old neice's Christmas present.

However, I have a major criticism - when the box (which has to be cut open) is opened, what you actually have is a very large kit of parts and some semi-clear instructions. It needs an adult, with an hour or so of time, and crucially adult finger strength, to put it together. If I'd known this in advance - then fine, I could have carefully cut it open, and assembled it before putting it back in the box, or even planned with her parents to schedule Christmas day so that she could build it with myself or another grown-up. But in the middle of opening christmas presents, with a small girl desperate to play with her new toy, and wrapping paper and other toys everywhere, it was utter chaos.

So, a great toy, well made, and much enjoyed by the 5 year old girl I bought it for, but ADULT ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. Not difficult, but allow an hour, either quietly before re-wrapping, or with a child expecting that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal toy, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
My children are 11, 4 and 2 and they all enjoy playing with this. Its a great toy for boys and girls and lots of little bits and pieces to play with.

4.0 out of 5 stars great camper with fab accessories, but odd bed layout., 14 Sep 2011
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
this is a great addition to any playmobil collection, as comes with lots of people and extras such as bikes, kitchen stuff etc. Different layout to the last model, and whereas it has a better bike carrier and tv, it also has a bizarre bed layout. Foe some reason two of the beds have to be slotted into the roof upside down, so you can't put all the family to bed at once, unless you kepp the roof off the camper. For this reason i prefer the earlier model.

That said, my children have played extensively with this toy, and the frustration is more on my part than theirs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, worth the money, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
This is a really great toy and my 5 year old and 3 year old love it. So much detail has been put into this toy and although some of the pieces are really tiny (like the cutlery) it is not too fiddly to use. I think it has a lot of play in it for years to come as it's something children can play lots of role play and imaginative games with. Seems fairly durable to me but it's not the sort of toy that's going to get thrown around a lot. Well worth the money as you can add other sets like the swimming pool or holiday house etc or even just other random Playmobil people (my kids like the get the pirates involved!).

5.0 out of 5 stars playmobil camper van, 28 Jun 2012
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
I bought this for my 5 year old Son a week ago to start off his playmobil collection and i have to say he has had hours of fun with it so far and it seems to be indestructible!, it's been in the garden on concrete in the bath and even took a freefalling trip from the top to the bottom of the stairs but was still intact! I was so impressed with this toy that i have started to purchase other items from.playmobil including the dog set as he loves animals and his people needed to look after some pets! If the rating was on here it would deffinately be 10/10!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for our Grandson, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Playmobil 4859 Family Camper (Toy)
Our five year old loves coming camping in our motorhome but when we can't take him he can play with this instead. It's just like the real thing and is really well made and robust. Great fun.

Playmobil 4859 Family Camper