on 22 March 2014
Quickly covered the item with one coat and I did not even get paint on my hands. Well worth the money
on 20 July 2015
Very good paint , small tip to get the hammer effect to work. Put one very thin layer on and let it try to the point where its tacky but not dry to the touch. Then put a much thicker layer over that. You have to wait for a very long time for it to dry , i damaged my pain job slightly after waiting over a day. so be warned. But this is the result you can get http://deskthority.net/resources/image/22395.
on 27 November 2015
I'd always found Hammerite one of the best paints for covering metal. Not only was it long lasting once it had dried, it was touch dry within 15 minutes or so and had cured after a couple of days. since EEC regulations forbade the use of xylene as the solvent, which I believe was replaced by white spirit, it now takes around a day for the paint to be touch dry and takes over a week for the pain to cure. Very disappointed.

Whether it's as durable as the original remains to be seen. I will update this sometime in the future once I've seen how effective the new version of Hammerite is. I sprayed three telescope counter weights Hammerite black. I was hoping to see the two tone effect with black and dark grey, but it's now totally black, though you still get the Hammerite finsh.
on 17 July 2014
Great finish for touching up some patio furniture and gates - love it
on 1 September 2013
Excellent stuff - arrived quickly and idiot proof to use! Would use again and this comes from someone who hates DIY - used it to spray a rusty old milk churn - perfect job!
on 13 May 2014
bought to spay tatty alloy wheels I put in minimum preparation and the result was a good finish overall covering good to well impressed with product can recommend
on 19 October 2014
Don't get this review wrong - I'm pleased with the results of this product. Bought several of these to spray a treasured old cast iron bench seat. Be aware that a lot of this product goes into the air, not necessarily where you aim it ... so use in an area that wont mind a bit of air-spraying, and also be prepared to use more than you think you might need. Also it is a very runny liquid, so you really do need to do several coats (there is no such thing as one thick coat with this). And between coats you do need to wait longer than the suggested (15 minutes ?) between coats. I waited 30 in the sun outdoors and the surface was still tacky (beware fingerprints then !). But its done now and seems to adhere well (I did wire brush, wash, rinse and dry the surface) to a mixture of bare cast iron and old-paint that was not going to be removed without sand blasting.
on 29 October 2014
Nothing against Hammerite paint but I just couldn't get this to work properly at all. Didn't matter how long it was shaken or what angle it was tilted to, it came out as a black watery stream. changed the nozzle...same thing. I'll use a pot & brush next time.
on 9 October 2014
perfect for what I wanted - which was to spray a metal camping stand. Hammerite is always so good, just spray it over rusty metal and it can make it look like new again.
on 25 March 2016
I washed a metal, supposedly chrome, utensil holder which then started to rust. Gave it 2 coats from this paint and it's looking better now than originally bought.