4.0 out of 5 stars Chord ref
Useful, handy, good visibility. Would be even better if the symbols could be linked to sound. Is this within the realms of possibility?
Published 20 months ago by PDA User

1.0 out of 5 stars Trying not to be rude about these ...
Sorry but even at 77p I feel ripped off. These are a series of images of chords that could have been grabbed from anywhere. They are immges rather than created in a document so whether they are original or not is severely in question. These are just chord shapes, there is no attempt at actually providing a proper resource with the authors comments, there aren't any...
Published 20 months ago by Mr. D. Lambert

1.0 out of 5 stars Trying not to be rude about these ..., 27 Oct 2012
Mr. D. Lambert (South Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: KindleChords! For Guitar - 125 Essential Chords (Kindle Edition)

I'm sorry, I just can't find anything good to say about this offering. I should have just uploaded my own chord shapes to the Kindle. Maybe I should even sell them because at least mine are original created painstakingly in Word ... You may be wondering why I'd purchase some rather than doing my own? Well, I thought someone had produced nicely sized clear chords that were indexed and searchable, something that I could use on my kindle ... but alas no so it looks like I'll have to do my own after-all. :(

Unless the author has a very good reason for providing such a basic and unusable resource I would advise that you avoid this offering.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't strike a chord with me!, 3 Jun 2012
I play a little banjo (5 string) and mandolin, and recently took the plunge and bought a guitar. I just wanted a book with the basic chords listed, that I could find easily and enjoy playing without wading through pages theory, history or pictures of unconventionally attractive people in 'this is how to hold a guitar' poses. And that is exactly what was promised; all formatted for my lovely Kindle.

So what's the hitch? Unlike some other reviewers I am a total novice at guitar chord shapes; so when on several pages the chord diagram runs off the end of the page, I am at a total loss as to where to nestle my pinky? Or indeed if my pinky should be involved at all?

This coupled with the fact that elsewhere identical chord diagrams are duplicated above one another on the same page was a real disappointment.

In short, a good idea but very sloppily executed making it pretty much useless. I'm sorry I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Chord ref, 2 Nov 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as promised., 1 April 2011
I'm an advanced guitar player and, as such, I'm fortunate to know the theory behind constructing chords, but that doesn't mean that I don't need a little reference and help from time to time!

Nowadays, I keep my chord libraries on my laptop or jump online if need be, but periodically these resources might not be immediately available - think "gotta wait for the laptop to boot up" if it's switched off. So I though it would be handy to have a reference on kindle as there is virtually no boot up time and searching through your e-books is a doddle (if you've sorted them properly), hence my decision to buy this inexpensive e-book.

It does exactly what it promises. It offers chord diagrams in tablature format covering Maj, Min, 6th's, 7ths, Aug, Dim and Added "X".

Go to your local music store and see if you could pick this up for the price (hint, you won't)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 5 Jun 2011
Fiona Messenger "honestfi" (North Wales) - See all my reviews
I understand the basics of chord construction, in this book some of the structures contradict this ~ and each other! There is a rather strange (not nearest available) version of E flat for example. However, there are loads of "quick" chords for those wanting to avoid barre when you didn't know that there is an alternative. The book does not contain 125 unique chords which is a bit of a swizz in my opinion, but as a quick, portable reference it is very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I WANTED, 23 Jan 2012
Mrs. B. A. Richards "Zoompad" (Staffordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This is a great little Kindle chord book that is easy to use and the chords are big enough for me to see. I'm well pleased with this.