5.0 out of 5 stars "Excellent" (Home analysis made easy)
My 88 year old Mother has problems with recurring UTI Infections. A delay in over 1 week, in getting a urine sample analysis result back from the doctors, allowed a severe infection to become established and my Mother being too weak to get out of bed....
Published on 12 Feb. 2011 by Williamb27

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of time and money! Useless!
I have had about 4 urine infections in the last year and a half, and during my last doctors trip they found a little bit of protein in my urine and as I tend to worry so much about the smallest things, I brought these to monitor protein levels in my urine.

Published 10 months ago by Manpreet

5.0 out of 5 stars "Excellent" (Home analysis made easy), 12 Feb. 2011
Williamb27 (Middlesbrough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Health Mate 10 Parameter Professional/ GP Urinalysis Multisticks Urine Strip Test Stick Strips - Pack of 100 Strips (Personal Care)
After discussing how to prevent this happening again, with my Mothers Community Matron, I purchased these test strips. They give an easy way to identify that a UTI infection (Or other abnormality) is present, so that prompt advice and treatment can be administered...

The test is simple to perform.... The test strip is dipped in the urine sample. The "dipped" stick is then compared against a colour chart which is provided on the container... After about 30 to 60 seconds any abnormality can be seen by identifying the colour changes from the "normal" base colours. An instruction leaflet is provided in the pack but a discussion with a trained medical person, as to what abnormalities to look for, depending on the medical problem you wish to monitor, is essential.. Prompt treatment for the condition can then be prescribed by the appropriate medical professional...

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy for carers, 5 Nov. 2013
Being a full-time carer for my 86 year old Mother who has vascular dementia, these have proven useful on a number of occasions. Most recently yesterday, when I had to call out the doctor for a suspected UTI. The strips helped re-assure me that it was indeed necessary to call out the doctor, who subsequently prescribed antibiotics for a UTI. It is essential, that although certain conditions may be indicated, a medical professional is consulted, in order to ensure the correct diagnosis. The strips are however a good first line defence when caring for someone at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 11 Mar. 2013
The strips showed my dog had a urine infection. Took him to the vet for meds. I don't have to get up at 3am now to let him out... I thought it was his age !

5.0 out of 5 stars Urinalysis Multisticks, 10 Mar. 2011
As a retired Community Nurse,I have been used to handling Urinalysis sticks a lot.I was really pleased to find that they are available so quickly through Amazon, as they are a really useful tool to highlight a possible urine infection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very convenient, 16 Aug. 2013
I use these mainly to test urine ph and ketones. They work a treat, are very easy to use and to read the results. Will definitely buy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars My third purchase, 22 Aug. 2013
These could prove to be a life saver in the long run.. If nothing else, the sticks are reassuring checks, but I find that they do highlight warnings of irregularities that are worth talking to a GP about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to dip., 31 Jan. 2013
Always keep these in my 'veterinary cupboard'. Have 5 dogs and 2 cats. Easy read out for checking urine, much cheaper than taking a sample to the vets. Always found then very accurate.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 2 Aug. 2013
come in handy for checking your own urine if you suffer kidney probs and uti,s as i do alot handy to have in the home

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 12 Mar. 2013
I bought this product for different uses at home and even for the kids. I will recommend to everyone for domestic use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of time and money! Useless!, 2 May 2014

I found these useless, the colour stayed the same each time, repeated these 4 times before giving up!

Will look elsewhere and I suggest you do too!