on 3 March 2013
Although it does not bear explicitly the Aqualand name, this watch follows its tradition. Its nicer in real life than the pictures, a bit on the heavy side, but overall an outstanding one.

Besides the basic functions of a watch (with day of the month calendar and a 24 hour hand), it has a chronometer (up to 50 minutes) and the depth meter.

To activate the chrono mode, you press the lower button for 2 seconds. the upper button starts and stops it. There is no split or lap function, and pressing the lower button again resets the Chrono. In order to go back to time mode, you have to press again the lower button for 2 seconds.

The Depth meter function activates automatically when the watch enters in contact with water. If you moist your finger and touch the left top sensor, you will see the blue central hand moving to indicate the watch is in diving mode. Dry it, and you see the blue hand turning back to its charge indicator mode/position.

When I received it, it came quite discharged (in a fully closed box). I had to left it for half a day closer to a window (in winter) and perform a full reset in order to make it start working normally again. I almost thought it was DOA, but after unscrewing fully the crown and pulled 2 clicks and then pressing simultaneously both upper and lower buttons, the watch came back to life.

So far, it is my new favorite watch.
on 14 April 2016
Its a reasonable watch.. For me the dial isnt clear enough when diving too much crammed in and the depoth calibration is difficult to get used too. I have had mine abot 18 months and been on holiday 6 times with it diving. The strap has now perished and broken.. Between olidays and a few other times i dont usually wear it on a day to day baisis.. A new strap costs about £50 as far as i can see so far and most straps wont fit it has to be one with a proper corved end... I apid about £260 for mine new so 'watch' out for people selling them at silly prices.
on 4 March 2013
I loved the look and feel of this watch, it is chunky, eye-catching and seemed perfect for diving. However, it did not function as described. The watch has three modes - Time Mode, Chronograph Mode and Dive Mode. The last of these is supposed to automatically activate when the watch is in contact with water. My watch, however, defaulted to Dive Mode whether near water or not. Left to charge on my bedside table or simply wearing it in perfectly dry conditions it would always go into Dive Mode of its own accord. I returned the watch for a replacement which Amazon promptly sent only to find that the replacement did exactly the same thing. I contacted Citizen who said that I would have to pay to send the watch to them as it had not been set-up correctly. I believe that the watch should have been in perfect working order when I received it and I refused to spend more money on postage to have it "fixed". A real shame! I am now waiting for the Amazon refund and looking for a suitable, alternative watch.
on 7 April 2014
Having had the watch for a week now, I can report that it charged well, keeps good time and, thus far, all functionality work fine.

But all that was expected, this is my second eco-drive pressure meter watch as I bought this to supplement my BJ2000-09E, which is looking tired after a decade's use and abuse. This watch Somewhat thicker than I expected and I can envisage it getting a few more knocks than my older model.

The watch arrived well packed, don't forget to register the watch with Citizen an extra year's warranty (that's 6 years total). Bang tidy.
on 23 January 2014
This Citizen Eco-Drive watch is really a worthy successor to the classic Aqualand watches Citizen used to make and for some reason stopped making. It's a chunky dive watch in all senses - beautifully made. Loads of features which will require some serious study. This time, they have made the rubber strap a little more flexible and softer - the Aqualand straps were thicker and harder and somewhat uncomfortable. I would thoroughly recommend this watch for every day use but it's too good for diving - get something cheaper! Worth it's price and a lot more.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2013
Very nice watch although took me some time to charge and get going. Still need to work out all the functions
on 1 January 2015
Top class. I received this watch not knowing how it would look as all the photos I looked at were terrible. When it arrived it was amazing and became my primary watch. I initial intention for it was as a back up to my dive computer but funnily enough it will never see water it looks that good.
on 30 July 2013
I need to re-read the instructions though - can't remember all the different functions - this watch does a lot for the money.